Bond´s watch in Nr. 25

1789101113»

Comments

• PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Pretty happy there’s an AT in the movie
    6-C4-E8-E5-E-1-AE3-4-D4-F-B957-4-F54-F0-F8-C4-C0.jpg
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    plaggy wrote:
    They did. This is basically only available as NOS - its the previous Collection. You can only get it used or have a lot of luck and may find a new piece here and there at an AD.

Welp
  • plaggyplaggy Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    70523516-2366918933344969-8368693804311511040-n-2.jpg

70741525-2366918880011641-1942912281222316032-o-2.jpg

Again not the best pictures, but still does not look like 41mm to me.
    Also not sure about if its really still the old one, 3 o'clock marker is slightly less visible, might be the date or something completly different.
    plaggy wrote:
    70523516-2366918933344969-8368693804311511040-n-2.jpg

70741525-2366918880011641-1942912281222316032-o-2.jpg

Again not the best pictures, but still does not look like 41mm to me.
    Also not sure about if its really still the old one, 3 o'clock marker is slightly less visible, might be the date or something completly different.

The smaller AT actually wears larger...so it could be. Let’s see what Omega says in a few months.
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:

Crikey! That's not good. I didn't think they were separate pieces and always thought they just were etched (as per Submariner(?) and Seamaster bezels. Perhaps an example of over-engineering on the part of Tudor on this particular model?

Glad Tudor are (hopefully!) sorting it FOC, anyway.

Very odd and unfortunate. These anomalies happen, though, including on higher end pieces. My friend bought a new Pepsi GMT (he buys a lot of watches, so the AD sold him one from his vault) and the thing had a defective crown lock. The crown literally fell out of the watch right into the AD’s gloved hand!

Yikes. It seems crazy sometimes that you can pay all of this money and actually get something that doesn't always work as well and keep as good time as a £7 Casio, plus it needs to be expensively serviced! :) I guess it's a bit like an Aston Martin being slightly more unreliable and needing expensive servicing, but that at least is a better and faster car than a Ford Ka! :) You're getting more for your money than just style unlike these watches, there's quite a bit more functionality too.

TBH it's not really about accuracy of time vs quartz. Quartz changed the game. For me, it's about owning and wearing something completely mechanical on my wrist. To me, it's simply amazing. No battery. Manually wound or wound by gravity/rotational forces. To me that's simply amazing. They also look incredibly classy.

I do own a cheap Casio which I tend to take to the beach or wear when riding my motorbike.
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I see more of a place for mechanical watches than quartz watches these days. Who needs a cheap watch to tell time when we all have phones that tell even more accurate time? At least there is still a charm or a jewellery element to mechanical watches. Men’s jewellery all serves a purpose (watches, cufflinks, tie clips) but nobody needs any of these things. Buttons do a better job than cufflinks, but men still wear cufflinks to either appreciate them as jewellery or to make a statement. Mechanical watches are the same.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • plaggyplaggy Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    https://youtu.be/s100d4LnZw0?t=50

Video from the shooting in Matera. At around 0:50, DC gets a few seconds. You can, imho, clearly see the reflection from PCL of the Bracelet while he is moving his arm. Still thinking its to small for Full Size.
    plaggy wrote:
    https://youtu.be/s100d4LnZw0?t=50

Video from the shooting in Matera. At around 0:50, DC gets a few seconds. You can, imho, clearly see the reflection from PCL of the Bracelet while he is moving his arm. Still thinking its to small for Full Size.

It really doesn’t matter. Craig is a small guy. A small watch doesn’t work for me. Just like he wears small or medium shirts and I wear XL or XXL.