Alternative Matera Slub Linen Jacket/Blouson -NTTD

Comments

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    The german store still carries all sizes, if that helps anyone...
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    _Stocks wrote:
    Willing to pay anyone willing to send a small stateside!

Do you want me to pick one up for you?

PS - Was planning on picking up a S, M and L while they’re cheap if anyone is in need....
    Yes please! I'll DM you.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    All you folks with these in hand... where are the photos ?!?!? :) Very interested in some in hand photos and some detail close ups !
  • ellipsis97ellipsis97 Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    All you folks with these in hand... where are the photos ?!?!? :) Very interested in some in hand photos and some detail close ups !

I posted some already
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    I'm beginning to wonder if I made in a mistake in ordering the Euro large Mango jkt.

hcantrell: does the size tag on your jacket say "EUR L - U.S.A. M"? That's what is on all my other Mango shirts and jackets and they fit me fine. But I'm starting to wonder if they've adjusted their sizing, so Euro Large now equals a U.S.A. large. If an Euro XL is fitting someone as big as Chriscoop, I may have screwed up. Any chance you could share the measurements of your one?

If anyone has an extra Euro Medium, could you hold it for me for a day or two until I can get this figured out? It looks like only L, XL and XXL are available on the Mango website now.

sunny01: don't worry, I will still pay you for the large you got me even if it looks like a medium is the better option for me! {[]

My tag says EUR L and in the box graph shows USA M, UK L, etc.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    Sorry about that ellipsis ! I missed those... This one definitely looks like one of the best "close enough" options Ive seen for a Craig era jacket over the years - with the exception of any of Dan's products ! But for mass produced store bought option - these look fantastic !
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Thanks hcantrell! Someone else shared the measurements of his UK Medium and it looks like that is the size I am going to need. sunny01 is looking at trying to get me one, but if anyone else has medium could you please let me know?

August Walker: I may take you up on that offer. Just want to see if I can track one down in the UK first to save on the shipping.

Cheers!
    John
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    I Have a UK L available , going to send back to mango on Monday for refund if no one wants it
    007 reporting for duty
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Still looking for an XXL if anyone can get me one and ship to Canada. Will cover your costs. -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    I, too, have a Large available in the UK. I bought the medium and large, but didn't even open the large as the medium fits perfectly.
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    I, too, have a Large available in the UK. I bought the medium and large, but didn't even open the large as the medium fits perfectly.

I’m exactly the same! Medium fits perfectly, Anyone need a large let me know
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    I’ve finally received mine. I don’t think I’ve ever ordered anything that took so long to arrive. I would say it’s ok but glad I didn’t pay any more than £9.99 for it. I think it looks like those jackets artists wear :))

What do you think? Is it really similar to the NTTD jacket?
    Yes. Considerably!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    I’ve finally received mine. I don’t think I’ve ever ordered anything that took so long to arrive. I would say it’s ok but glad I didn’t pay any more than £9.99 for it. I think it looks like those jackets artists wear :))

Its a £9.99 jacket
    Not really to be compared to a £330 jacket.
    What it does do is give the "look"...
    And unless physiqued like DC, I doubt this style really suits
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Does anyone have a UK Medium that they'd like to trade for my US Medium?
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    ichaice wrote:

Its a £9.99 jacket
    Not really to be compared to a £330 jacket.
    What it does do is give the "look"...
    And unless physiqued like DC, I doubt this style really suits

Yeah it is what it is. Worth a punt at that price. Interested in what others think now they’ve received them?
    Yes. Considerably!
    So ive packed up the 2 XL's and the 2 L's that are heading to the us...

Forgot Ive got a M in the pile too.

So if anyone wants a M drop me a message, jacket, postage and US postage totals about £25 all in....

I'll post them all and then shoot out messages for pymts, probs by Wednesday pm

I ironed down the lapels so here’s mine reporting for duty -{

0-EC481-FA-031-C-44-F5-ADF4-1-D51-E968-DA36.jpg
    Yes. Considerably!
  • dwf76dwf76 Chesterfield, UKPosts: 46MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    I ironed down the lapels so here’s mine reporting for duty -{

0-EC481-FA-031-C-44-F5-ADF4-1-D51-E968-DA36.jpg

Looks good, certainly better than the pics from the suppliers site.

Mines scheduled for delivery tomorrow, hope it fits similar to yours.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    Looking for a small if anyone bought an extra!
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    Looks like Mango Outlet have cottoned on to the Bond connection. The alternative has been restocked and although they’re using the same photos this version is apparently 100% linen rather than a linen blend and means it’s increased to £45.99!

https://www.mangooutlet.com/gb/men/jackets-field-jackets/pockets-linen-jacket_33040943.html?c=56&n=1&s=search

5-AB73-F9-A-AB0-C-456-F-9-B44-7-D9-F3-F2-A7-C49.png
    Murder | Employment.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    _Stocks wrote:
    Looks like Mango Outlet have cottoned on to the Bond connection. The alternative has been restocked and although they’re using the same photos this version is apparently 100% linen rather than a linen blend and means it’s increased to £45.99!

https://www.mangooutlet.com/gb/men/jackets-field-jackets/pockets-linen-jacket_33040943.html?c=56&n=1&s=search

No, Mango hasn't raised the price. The 100% Linen version was linked to by Iconic Alternatives when he published the cotton/linen jacket.
    If you’re interested in a 100% linen version, Mango has one of those as well on their UK site on sale for £45.99.

However, the cotton/linen blend is now only available in size XL.
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    _Stocks wrote:

No, Mango hasn't raised the price. The 100% Linen version was linked to by Iconic Alternatives when he published the cotton/linen jacket.
    If you’re interested in a 100% linen version, Mango has one of those as well on their UK site on sale for £45.99.

However, the cotton/linen blend is now only available in size XL.

Ahh, I see. Apologies, missed that post. Thank you for clarifying WD -{
    Murder | Employment.
  • SamFSamF Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    Looking for a small if anyone bought an extra!

I might have a small up for sale soon. Just waiting for the order which I made a bit over week ago, I’ll let you know how it turns out if you are still in need of one.

I don’t know how much you are willing to pay for the jacket but beware that the postage may be relative high depending on where you live?
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    I have a UK Large or US M available, posting back to Mango tomorrow
    size - Shoulders 50cm , chest from under armpits 60cm, sleeve length from tip of shoulder 64 cm
    If your 42 chest I'd say it will be fine.
    Just want to cover postages

Pm if interested
    007 reporting for duty
  • Greg137blueGreg137blue milford michiganPosts: 74MI6 Agent
    Looking to purchase a size small US / medium UK. If anyone has one they would like to sell please PM me.
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    I just received my UK medium / US small.

Nice jacket. Certainly happy I didn’t size up! I am usually a medium / 48 in TOM FORD and this is quite roomy. For the relaxed Matera fit, I would say it’s true to size. For me, I would maybe have preferred to size down.

Armpit to armpit x2 when laying flat is 114 cm for this size.
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    I'd be interested in a UK size small if anyone has an extra one, pending measurements.
    I'm interested in trading my US Medium for a US Small. Pm if interested.
    Tony, Jay and Paul
    Jkts all posted
    Pm'd you details
    Cheers
    M

• James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Tony, Jay and Paul
    Jkts all posted
    Pm'd you details
    Cheers
    M
    Thank you so much, I will send paypal right after work!