Tom Ford Quantum Of Solace Ties Special Order - Ties in production, despatch imminent

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Probably sometime in Oct
    But once samples are 100%, will have final price...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Awesome, thanks for the explanation!
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Probably sometime in Oct
    But once samples are 100%, will have final price...
  • Sorry for the delay! I will most likely have a new home address when these get sent out so that's been my
    dilemma. Got it sorted. E-mail sent.
    MrE wrote:
    Sorry for the delay! I will most likely have a new home address when these get sent out so that's been my
    dilemma. Got it sorted. E-mail sent.

No probs, just scraped in as order details closing today.
    Dont worry about address, wont need that until order email comes out via Luigi

• Rolextraveler_1905Rolextraveler_1905 Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    I'm down for the Kazan is there a price yet? I am also thinking about also adding the Greene party to this depending on the price of each.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    I'm down for the Kazan is there a price yet? I am also thinking about also adding the Greene party to this depending on the price of each.

No pricing as of yet but we'll get it in the next month or 2!
    I know where you keep your gun!

Tom Ford Italy production closes down for the whole of August, so no more movement on this for a few weeks. The estimated price (will be confirmed once we have locked down exact samples) is covered in the thread.

Unfortunately you have missed the deadline for details etc. But as detailed in the posts, pm me your full name, email address and ties you definitely require. I will add you to an extras list and see if we can get you added to the run...

Brief update all
    The donor ties have reached TF production in Milan and they are now working on a second set of samples with the remit to nail not just the colours, but also the weight and feel of the originals...
    Craig you are a star for posting across the pond and also thanks to Ross for the loan!!!

• JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the update!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    A QoS Tie Project? I'm not a part of it but can you guys PLEASE call it....

The Tie Era Project? :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
    Hello all
    So another update... With news!
    After a lot of time invested, the production team at Tom Ford have produced the final 5 samples.
    The Kazan, Greene and London ties are perfect.
    Now before I try to explain the next part please understand I am not a tie fabric expert, but much more knowledgeable than I was after some long telephone conversations!
    The original fabrics were 2007, and each fabric colour has hundreds of variations in texture, colour and sheen.
    The PTS and Bolivia ties have proved nigh on impossible to match up 100%.

In each tie one shade is 1/100th off. So as close to exact as can be, or ever will be bear in mind... To the naked eye it cant really be seen. Only really noticeable up close, under light and next to an original. 99.9% if you like!

Luigi or I wont go ahead marketing the ties as exact replicas, my suggestion is we do go ahead but we describe them as "Recreations", but wanted to give everyone the heads up. And obviously if we see a big reduction in numbers that individual tie wont be produced.

I am getting some pictures shortly of the sample laid directly next to the original. Please note the actual pattern will be looser on the samples, the samples are simply for colour and the actual production ties will be patterned as the originals...

In the meantime here are the samples en mass.

I will be talking through further with TF and will update more soon. But would be good to hear views...

IMG-6301.jpg

Discard the maroon London tie, though its stunning, it was a sample for checking we had the right tie as 2 were sent to production.

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    My view is quite simple - unless you find a ultra rare and pricey original this is the best one will get.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    My view is quite simple - unless you find a ultra rare and pricey original this is the best one will get.
    Well summed up Paul
    That is my view too
    For those of us that have had these in hand, the colours change in every angle / light. And we are talking 99.99% right.
    Just wanted to be very transparent...

• GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Agreed -{

Thanks Mark for all you’re doing; excellent stuff.
  • BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent
    I'm still happy to go ahead!

It's as close to exact as can be made, I'm grateful that you've so upfront, but I wouldn't of been able to tell the difference anyway.

If possible I'd like to change the order from 3 ties to all 5!
    I'm still happy to go ahead!

It's as close to exact as can be made, I'm grateful that you've so upfront, but I wouldn't of been able to tell the difference anyway.

If possible I'd like to change the order from 3 ties to all 5!

Thatll be fine, when luigi emails out there will be the opportunity then to finalise your order

If Tom Ford can only remake a tie that is 99.9% close to the original, I can't imagine anyone else even remotely coming close to perfection. I'm good with it. Debating if I want to add the London tie, too, actually!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • cs007cs007 Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Hi all, does anyone know when the order form and invoice will be sent out please?
    Thanks you.
    No definite date yet, still working with Luigi / TF to ensure every fabric option has been explored.
    Figured that 12 years waiting a few weeks wont matter

As always, when I have some concrete news it will be on here immediately

• rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    I'm still in for one of each.

I'd still be in at 95% though. haha.
    All

Tom Ford have been working on searching for fabrics outside of their current suppliers for us...

After talking to Luigi today, they are hopeful, with some time extension, to get to perfect match level, but definitely closer again.

Hope to update with order details over the next 3-4 weeks

M

• GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    All

Tom Ford have been working on searching for fabrics outside of their current suppliers for us...

After talking to Luigi today, they are hopeful, with some time extension, to get to perfect match level, but definitely closer again.

M

Thank you, M; greatly appreciate the update.
    G
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    All

M

Thank you for the update and please express our gratitude that they are working so hard for us on this special project! It is GREATLY appreciated!
  • QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    JET007 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    All

M

Thank you for the update and please express our gratitude that they are working so hard for us on this special project! It is GREATLY appreciated!

Hi all,

I appreciate I'm late to the party on this one but by chance QoS is on tv and I've decided I'd love the bolivia "champagne" colour? tie. If I can put my name forward for one of those in the order then that would be great.

Cheers
    Yes but my martini's still dry.
    JET007 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    All

M

Hi all,

I appreciate I'm late to the party on this one but by chance QoS is on tv and I've decided I'd love the bolivia "champagne" colour? tie. If I can put my name forward for one of those in the order then that would be great.

Cheers

Drop me a pm with full name / email address and ill add you to the submission...

I have a call with Luigi / design after New Year, hopefully can finalise the plan / timings then if designs have been nailed as I expect

• BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent
    Happy new year!

Just wanted to see if there had been any developments in the last month?

Thanks
    Nope
    Luigi is chasing design team, we chatted Monday.
    Expect revised samples of the Bolivia and PTS shortly.
    Once approved as closer or indeed exact (Greene London and Kazan are perfect) then Luigi is set to start emailing order details

• lordfancyfacelordfancyface CaliforniaPosts: 17MI6 Agent
    Would it be possible to add my name for the Kazan tie?
    Instagram: johndalessio
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Nope
    Luigi is chasing design team, we chatted Monday.
    Expect revised samples of the Bolivia and PTS shortly.
    Once approved as closer or indeed exact (Greene London and Kazan are perfect) then Luigi is set to start emailing order details

How's Luigi doing with everything? Thanks for all your work!
    No nothing new yet. Reached out to him again yesterday...

I thought we were at a point to go ahead with 3 exacts and 2 recreations (basically 99.99% right Bolivia and PTS) but TF werent happy without exploring every avenue re fabrics. Including recreating the silk specially.

So lets see where theyve got to