Solitaire's Cards

IcePakIcePak Perth, Western AustraliaPosts: 170MI6 Agent
Has anyone else noticed that the cards Solitaire uses in the scene where she meets Bond for the first time have a stylized 007 logo printed on their backs?
1. CR 2. OHMSS 3. GE 4. TLD 5. FRwL 6. TMWTGG 7. FYEO
8. OP 9. TSWLM 10. SF 11. TND 12. LtK 13. NTtD 14. GF
15. AVtaK 16. LaLD 17. TWiNE 18. MR 19. YOLT 20. DN 21. TB
22. SP 23. DAD 24. QoS 25. DaF

Comments

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Yes.
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Yes
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Yes
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Yup
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 369MI6 Agent
    Yep
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    Instead of making fun of the new guy, perhaps we could mention something more interesting. From what I've heard the cards are completely made up to fit the Movie and not real tarot cards. Is there anyone here who are know tarot and can comment on this?
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Instead of making fun of the new guy, perhaps we could mention something more interesting. From what I've heard the cards are completely made up to fit the Movie and not real tarot cards. Is there anyone here who are know tarot and can comment on this?

Yes, the cards were a mock-up, therefor the mentioned „007“backside.
    The front side however is similar to other decks.

Btw: Wasn’t making fun of the new guy (member since 2002), just answering his question. At least that wasn’t my intention.
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    Yes, obviously it's kinda obvious that the cards read 007 on the back of the cards.
    But I seem to remember from the special features of the DVD that the fronts of the cards were altered for plot reasons. Haven't seen the film for ages, but I think it was. I'm not going to plow through the extras just to verify (or the oposite) this, but this entry in IMDB triva seem to agree the card weren't quite genuine:

This title of the "Fortune" card is the product of a bit of artistic license. The title is basically an abridgment of the actual "Wheel of Fortune" tarot card.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited January 2020
    The original cards are all classic Rider Waite style classic cards, but not the full classic 78 Major and Minor arcana sets. Just different artwork to some extent, and they only used 24 odd cards with multiple lovers to make it up.

LALD just compounds the non fact that tarot cards are used to predict the future. They aren’t. They are used as guidance for a specific question posed. Usually in answer to what they know already but are too afraid or unwilling to admit. It’s not a belief system or prophecy. But a guidance system
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............