"No Time To Die” - Billie Eilish’s Bond 25 Theme

Comments

• hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    Cajun wrote:

Can’t wait to see everyone’s reaction to Billie Eilish getting the title song.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    I suspect, much the way Sam Smith was received on the forums (before WOTW was released), Billie Eilsih is not only the greatest singer in music history, but simply the greatest person who ever lived.

Sarcasm aside, having never heard of her before yesterday I have no pre-conceived expectations. Who knows? We might just get one of the great Bond title songs in the series.
  • dwf76dwf76 Chesterfield, UKPosts: 46MI6 Agent
    I hope I'm wrong but this seems like an attempt to engage the younger generation. Trying to please too many people/groups for my liking, I thought they'd have learnt from Sam Smith's awful song. At least we should be able to rely on Hans Zimmer for some quality.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    dwf76 wrote:
    I hope I'm wrong but this seems like an attempt to engage the younger generation.
    You're not wrong. But the potential for a good song is there IMO.

She has a voice sultry enough to pull a Bond song off. My biggest concern is that as an 18 year old Gen Z'er she may be a bit young to appreciate and channel the feel of the franchise through her music. I'm encouraged that we have another female vocalist. After Sam Smith, I'm not sure how much worse a theme can get (knock on wood).

Her music is different, but she does carry some natural musical talent. Take a look at her Carpool Karaoke with James Corden.
    Particularly surprising to me were her vocal solos at 5:00 and 6:15. Give 'em a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh2qGWfmESk
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    dwf76 wrote:
    I hope I'm wrong but this seems like an attempt to engage the younger generation. Trying to please too many people/groups for my liking, I thought they'd have learnt from Sam Smith's awful song. At least we should be able to rely on Hans Zimmer for some quality.

They definitely want a younger generation, like Bond used to have. I was a Bond fan by the age of 10, as my father was before me. That's rarely happening today, and it's a problem.

I'm not counting on quality music from either the song or the score. Zimmer has rarely (though occasionally) delivered quality music.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    The producers say "The song is incredibly powerful and moving. and "It's been impeccably crafted to work within the emotional story of the film." Does this mean it's a ballad?
    Number24 wrote:
    The producers say "The song is incredibly powerful and moving. and "It's been impeccably crafted to work within the emotional story of the film." Does this mean it's a ballad?

I think that's a good deduction. Ballads seem to be their strength.
    I actually hoped for a more up-tempo song this time, something Billie Eilish seems to have a knack for. She's done some good ballads too, but she hasn't used the type of big voice Bond ballads tend to have. That being said I feel like Calvin Dyson: I like that this is unexpected and perhaps different. It can go wrong, but if it works it's extra fun.
  • lilusakolilusako Southern California Posts: 311MI6 Agent
    As a Southern California resident (and Billie being from Los Angeles), she is on the radio everywhere. I listen to a few different genre radio stations and can't pass my 30 minute work commute without hearing her on the radio. I'm with dwf76 and think they're trying to appeal to the younger generation. But also, I'm sure some of this is riding on the tailcoats of her great success and popularity as well. I have mixed feelings between this decision and Hans Zimmer, but I'm trying very hard to keep an open mind. It could go wrong, but I hope they do their best and surprise us.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Damn, I was hoping for something that’s more You Know My Name than Skyfall or WOTW.
  • oxf77oxf77 Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    How on earth could Paloma Faith not be chosen? Her voice is insane
    oxf77 wrote:
    How on earth could Paloma Faith not be chosen? Her voice is insane

Have I not heard of her because she’s also popular with the kids?
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Anyone want to hazard a guess as to when we will get a taste of the song?
    edited January 2020
    Calvin Dyson guessed early March based on the release of songs in relation to the premiere date.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    The choice of 18 year old Billie Eilish is definitely an attempt to engage younger fans. I just hope its a good song. I don't care if it's an 18 year old or an 80 year old. I just want a good song!
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Best part of all this besides her singing the tune is that eventually, hopefully, we'll get a pic of her and DC together. It certainly would be a contrast of fashion styles :))
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Best part of all this besides her singing the tune is that eventually, hopefully, we'll get a pic of her and DC together. It certainly would be a contrast of fashion styles :))

Been there :p

the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent

Been there :p

the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo.jpg
    Yeah that's about right :)) love that pic.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    This is the first decision that I can’t get onboard with. I don’t like her music and feel that she is totally wrong for Bond. Duh-indeed!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    :)) :)) :))
    Noi wrote:

Brilliantly done, from the only chat show that Daniel Craig seems to like!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) great vid, Noi {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent

Yep... that's a great song. I'm so glad they've not chosen a 'belter' I am so sick of belters.

I think this will work out just fine :)
  • QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent

I'll be honest when I first heard the news my heart sank a bit and I thought "why?". Though this is judgement is unfairly based on her one song which I find incredibly irritating.

A ballad by her definitely piques my interest, hopefully my initial cyncism is proven unfounded.
    Yes but my martini's still dry.
    The way the producers describe the song indicates it's a ballad.
    Looks like Zimmer will be involved in the song, but no explanation on how:

https://www.slashfilm.com/no-time-to-die-theme-song/

Billie and Finneas were said to have written the song, so Zimmer may just be working on producing it.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    I also saw in the other thread (which appears closed :( ) that Hans Zimmer will be working with Eilish (and her brother) which also probably means that there's a very good chance that the theme song melody will be incorporated in the score. So now we have Zimmer, Eilish, and Johnny Marr all collaborating to some extent on the music for NTTD. Not bad at all. :)
  • CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    Hopefully her NTTD song won't throw me into depression... :s
    I edit, therefore I am.