The Bond Experience

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    LOL....have a little video coming about it... :)
    David, I just watched your Billie Eilish vlog. All I could think was "Could you tell us more about the No Time To Die crew jacket you're wearing?"
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Thomo wrote:
    David - great review of the dress, thanks to your wife for reviewing it. Most sizes are currently out of stock on their site. Great job

Yes great video David, my wife decided against the dress, pretty much in agreement with Danielle’s own concise opinion, despite my offers to buy it for her! Time to promote Danielle full time from behind the camera I think, not least to save me some money!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    LOL....oh, I think its safe to say Danielle appearing will not be a regular thing....and she isn't behind the camera much any more except for event filming....
    Thomo wrote:
    David - great review of the dress, thanks to your wife for reviewing it. Most sizes are currently out of stock on their site. Great job

Yes great video David, my wife decided against the dress, pretty much in agreement with Danielle’s own concise opinion, despite my offers to buy it for her! Time to promote Danielle full time from behind the camera I think, not least to save me some money!
    The Best and the Worst of James Bond Video Games Part 1

We journey back through time to revisit the beginning of James Bond video games and discuss how they have evolved over time. Along the way we discuss the good, the bad, and the very ugly of these digital 007 outings! Calvin Dyson joins me in this pix-elated adventure!

https://youtu.be/jtL0TmZ7mWU

video-game-vlog-final.jpg
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    Hi David. Watching your Instagram stories I've seen what it looks like to be some pants from Massimo Alba. Have you received the duster coat too? I can't wait to see a complete review of this very interesting piece! :D
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    Most enjoyable video David, and I eagerly look forward to part 2. You and Calvin have a good rapport with each other, and the subject is quite fascinating. The only one of the games discussed in this video that I actually have any experience of is The Duel - years ago I played a PC port of this game. It didn't grab my attention though. I guess the reason is that like you guys mentioned in the video, these old games often don't have a particularly Bondian feel to them.

It may seem shocking to many that I, as a Bond fan growing up in the 90s, didn't even know that the Goldeneye N64 game existed until many years after it was released. I think that the N64 console was not very well known in South Africa, and therefore the game probably wasn't as well known here either. In fact, until the PlayStation came out here, the only video games that I can remember seeing in SA were knock off versions of the Nintendo Entertainment System which were very common here, and as far as I know pretty much all of the game cartridges that were sold in local shops here were pirated copies. So I grew up in a bit of a black hole as far as video games were concerned. I did get to play a number of the Brosnan era games though, so I look forward to hearing your discussion of those games.
    Size Matters: NTTD Garage Jacket Part 2

In this part 2 discussion of the RgT Garage jacket from No Time To Die, we discuss fit as it relates to screen accuracy and then recreate some of the tailoring that may have occurred to achieve the Bond Look!

https://youtu.be/6V5gOmsc-lc

rgt-part-2-final.jpg
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    Looking forward to seeing part two of your look at James Bond video games. I have been a gamer for many years, and without a doubt the Nintendo 64 is one of my all time favorite consoles. I fondly remember playing Goldeneye many times during my youth(the multiple matches were tons of fun), I loved the array of weapons and gadgets present in the game. I played it again recently and I was surprised that I still remembered what to do during the single player levels. To me it is one video game that will never get old.

I have also played many Gameboy & Nintendo DS games in my time and I must say that out of the Bond related titles, James Bond 007 for the Gameboy, Nightfire for Gameboy Advance, Goldeneye 2010 and Bloodstone for the DS are the best in my humble opinion. The World Is Not Enough for Gameboy Color, is defiantly one of the worst. Without the cheats, it is near impossible to get past most of the levels and the controls are pretty bad, especially the last level on the submarine. The graphics of the game are also really bad apart from the cut scenes.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

In this part 2 discussion of the RgT Garage jacket from No Time To Die, we discuss fit as it relates to screen accuracy and then recreate some of the tailoring that may have occurred to achieve the Bond Look!

rgt-part-2-final.jpg

I really enjoyed that David. I think the tailored large looks much better on you. You could have your tailor take up the hem if you wanted to, In any case now you have an extra jacket if you need to layer under it.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent

rgt-part-2-final.jpg

I really enjoyed that David. I think the tailored large looks much better on you. You could have your tailor take up the hem if you wanted to, In any case now you have an extra jacket if you need to layer under it.
    I agree, I think the tailored large looks better and definitely fits more like Craig's appears to.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    I prefer the medium on you. The large is maybe a tad long but still looks great. Lovely to be able to choose between two options -{
    Yes. Considerably!
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited August 2020
    referring to this post: https://www.instagram.com/p/B78o3_hD4TM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Happy Birthday to Mr. Zaritsky -{ :007)
    Thanks so much!
    Noi wrote:
    referring to this post: https://www.instagram.com/p/B78o3_hD4TM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Happy Birthday to the Bond-Pope Mr. Zaritsky -{ :007)
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    Happy birthday David!
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    Happy Birthday Mantis :) -{
    Yes. Considerably!
    Thanks!
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Happy Birthday DZ 21 again, again :))

Loved the RGT Part 2, I went with Med and agree that size looked great on you. Tailored Large turned out OK (Steve is the man) as sometimes it’s hard to get it just right with a nip and tuck.

Keep up the great work and have a lovely day - enjoy your day!

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent

rgt-part-2-final.jpg

Thank you David for this insightful video.
    What a good idea to compare the medium with a tailored Large.
    This is so helpful.
    You are amazing!!!

I prefer the Medium on you. -{
    Bond's N.Peal Sweater from No Time To Die

The most requested video of the year is now here! We discuss Bond's No Time To Die navy ribbed sweater made by N.Peal and designed in conjunction with No Time To Die costume designer, Suttirat Anne Larlarb. In this full review we discuss the fit, the feel, the style, and even how to wear it and not look like you are storming a villains lair!

https://youtu.be/EdLjf9Zgqu0

npeal-sweater-vlog-final.jpg
  • QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent

The most requested video of the year is now here! We discuss Bond's No Time To Die navy ribbed sweater made by N.Peal and designed in conjunction with No Time To Die costume designer, Suttirat Anne Larlarb. In this full review we discuss the fit, the feel, the style, and even how to wear it and not look like you are storming a villains lair!

Hi David,

Thanks for the video and good to see the jumper on you.

Did you settle on a preferred size in the end?
    Yes but my martini's still dry.
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent

Hi David, many thanks for video. Very helpful on sizing and also loved the way you adapted it for everyday look. The pairing with the grey trousers and shoes looked great and gives me confidence this sweater can be pulled off anywhere. The size small looked great by the way.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent

David, thank you for another informative and entertaining vlog.

Could you please measure and post the shoulder and sleeve measurements of the size M at the next opportunity.
    Taking one size bigger from your size S should be okay for me, but I'm a little unsure because the sleeves look so damn short on this sweater.
    David, with the Connolly jacket scheduled to ship starting next week, when can we expect the vlog?
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    Hey David,
    Great review of the Omega NTTD watch, tell me about that black zip shirt that you are wearing, very nice.
    KH
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    bosoxfan wrote:
    Hey David,
    Great review of the Omega NTTD watch, tell me about that black zip shirt that you are wearing, very nice.
    KH

An OB piece from their next 007 collection. Talked about towards the end of this thread – https://ajb007.co.uk/topic/52223/new-orlebar-brown-bond-collection/
    This Tuesday our Connolly vlog will go live....filmed it about a week or so ago.
    David, with the Connolly jacket scheduled to ship starting next week, when can we expect the vlog?
    This Tuesday our Connolly vlog will go live....filmed it about a week or so ago.

Great. -{
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

Great. -{

Man, I am hoping it fits true to size.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    The Orlebar Brown 007 tab say delayed until future notice, is there a link to the shirt David was wearing in the omega review?
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    Hi David, when will you post the unboxing of that TF package you received last week? :D
    I'm really looking forward to it.
    Best regards,
    Mattia