Skyfall and Spectre Pros/Cons into the JB Films area

I know that some people don't like Pros and Cons threads, and the trivial ranking threads do belong in the trivia section - but - the Pros/Cons threads for each film are really useful places to continue ongoing discussion specifically related to recent viewings of the respective title.

Would we be able to move the Skyfall Pros/cons thread from the Skyfall archive into the James Bond Films thread and at some point move a Spectre one in there too? Just seems that nobody really goes into the archived sections...

What does everyone think?
1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Although if everyone knows where they are, then it should be easy to continue any discussions ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    I seem to remember us having a very similar discussion re QoS once SF was released, but I can't remember what conclusion (if any) was reached!
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Although if everyone knows where they are, then it should be easy to continue any discussions ?

To me it seems as if those archived places don't get the traffic, so they don't tend to get read. Most pros/cons threads have 6 pages, the SF one only has 2...
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
    However, it is available if anyone wants to add to it.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent
    I know its four years since the question was raised and forgotten...
    But those two SkyFall and SPECTRE threads continue to be very inactive compared to the other ProsAndCons threads, I do believe people just don't know they're there.

In coming months I'm sure folks would like to reexamine their thoughts on those two films? Moving those two threads into the main BondFilms forum might encourage them to put their thoughts into writing.
    I've moved the SP thread into the Films forum. Can you provide a link to the SF one.please?
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent
    thanks Barbel!

it looks like its already moved, it was in the SkyFall subforum this morning, I swear!

here's where it is now:
    pros and cons of SkyFall: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/39471/skyfallpros-and-consspoilers/
    :)) All sorted, then. It must have been Sir Miles or Hardyboy who moved the SF one.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    :)) All sorted, then. It must have been Sir Miles or Hardyboy who moved the SF one.

'Twasn't I. Sir M?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    " glad to see you boys, are on the ball " -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

'Twasn't I. Sir M?

Yeah, that was me…I only left the SP one as that forum was still more obvious.
    YNWA 97
    thanks Sir Miles!

You're probably correct, as someone else did post to it quite recently.
    (Shady Tree wrote a really good essay on the films' themes and imagery)
    But both threads are conspicuously short compared to the other 22, so hopefully now they're all in the same place, folks will have something to say about these two most recent films.
    Sorry fellers, me again.
    Is there a way to change the title of the Skyfall thread so it is standard with all the others?
    Right now it's "Skyfall-Pros and Cons-SPOILERS."
    If it were "Pros and Cons: Skyfall" it would match the others, and be easier to find.
    Sorry fellers, me again.
    Is there a way to change the title of the Skyfall thread so it is standard with all the others?
    Right now it's "Skyfall-Pros and Cons-SPOILERS."
    If it were "Pros and Cons: Skyfall" it would match the others, and be easier to find.

Done -{
    YNWA 97
    awesome, boss!
    awesome, boss!

You are welcome…but I’m not the boss…I just pop in for a sweep up and a little light dusting -{
    YNWA 97
    It's much appreciated, -{ ........ Same for the French maid's outfit. ;)
    It's much appreciated, -{ ........ Same for the French maid's outfit. ;)

I like wearing that…it’s just a bugger getting the seams straight on my stockings ;%
    YNWA 97