THE ROGER MOORE THREAD-The Funny Bond

15678911»

Comments

• Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    You said it brother! It's like a closet full of favorite old coats! Thankful for your kind words and continuing to remember what is important. This community has been the most incredible source of shared interest and friendship over the years. THIS is what technology was truly meant for! My best to you and all of your families!
  • YanaXCXYanaXCX Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    My dad first introduced me to Bond and he was old enough to have seen all the Connery films in the theater so of course that's who his favorite was, and for the longest time I was convinced no one was better than Connery and nearly outright refused to watch the Roger Moore films.
    When I was older and came back around to watch them all, I had grown out of the phase where I wanted to be as cool as Connery, and suddenly Roger Moore's Bond was THE most funny, charming, and genuinely likable character in anything ever.
    I'm just mesmerized by his silliness and his attitude as Bond, and he'll always be my #1 favorite. He's everything I want in Bond. I'll take a fun romp that brings a smile to my face from start to finish over the more serious and ruthless Bonds like Connery or Craig. I guess I've just entered a different part of my life that I want different things out of movies in general. Nobody does it better than Roger Moore :)
    Tswlm>twine>ge>sf>cr>tnd>op>mr>ltk>ohmss>fyeo>tld>avtak>lald>gf>qos>dad>frwl>tmwtgg>yolt>dn>tb>daf>sp
    Moore>Dalton>Brosnan>Craig>Connery>Lazenby
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,060Chief of Staff
    Welcome to AJB, YanaXCX. Hope you enjoy yourself here.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    YanaXCX wrote:
    My dad first introduced me to Bond and he was old enough to have seen all the Connery films in the theater so of course that's who his favorite was, and for the longest time I was convinced no one was better than Connery and nearly outright refused to watch the Roger Moore films.
    When I was older and came back around to watch them all, I had grown out of the phase where I wanted to be as cool as Connery, and suddenly Roger Moore's Bond was THE most funny, charming, and genuinely likable character in anything ever.
    I'm just mesmerized by his silliness and his attitude as Bond, and he'll always be my #1 favorite. He's everything I want in Bond. I'll take a fun romp that brings a smile to my face from start to finish over the more serious and ruthless Bonds like Connery or Craig. I guess I've just entered a different part of my life that I want different things out of movies in general. Nobody does it better than Roger Moore :)

Welcome! It was almost the same for me, but my dad was okay with Roger Moore being a distant second. Now Moore’s my favourite too!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • LicencetochatLicencetochat Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    I zoomed in on roger on a production still from TSWLM, when i zoomed in on his face, i didnt think he looked like his usual self in this one? Or was it just me? :D

98-F512-BE-A63-F-49-BE-A4-BD-CC7-A62-A29925.jpg

F79490-A6-7-D6-B-47-EE-8632-99-AA794-ECFCA.jpg