Will November still be the release month?

Does anyone still think this will still be released in November?

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    I still think November could be the real release date, but there's a danger it can be delayed again.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    I think there‘s a fair chance of it not being able to be released in November and in that case they really should consider alternate publication platforms...

But it‘s really amazing: after five long years they finally manage to get another film done and then a f*cking pandemic breaks out :o
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Personally I don't think other platforms should be used instead of cinemas.
    Normally me neither, Bond is an experience for the big screen. But even the non-Bond fans have taken notice of all the delays now and spoof it (eventhough it was the right thing to do this time).

Let this movie be postponed another time to April next year, the whole marketing would have to start at around zero, which would cost again immense sums.

But as nobody knows where we‘re heading to with this virus, I don‘t take the new release date for November serious at all. It‘s like a wild guess coming from an official source, not more.

• MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Personally I don't think other platforms should be used instead of cinemas.

Me too... That would be a huge shame, as the experience is so much more - everything - in a theatre. Even with an amazing home set-up it's very hard to match the presentation a cinema gives. We certainly can't get close at home with our TV..... however, if world events dictate a cinema release keeps pushing back a release, then it would be better than waiting well into 2021.
    There is a time limit of course.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Given recent news here in UK I think it’s unlikely. The way things are going we may not end up seeing this move for a long long time! The irony isn’t that this disease was caused by the Chinese but the impact on box office takings there were a major influence in the decision to delay the movie. At the end of the day we now have a lot more to worry about! This is a catastrophe
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    Given recent news here in UK I think it’s unlikely. The way things are going we may not end up seeing this move for a long long time! The irony isn’t that this disease was caused by the Chinese but the impact on box office takings there were a major influence in the decision to delay the movie. At the end of the day we now have a lot more to worry about! This is a catastrophe

The outbreak was a catastrophe already when they delayed the release a couple of weeks ago. The average person just wasn’t well-informed enough to see it. The idea that 80,000 people could get sick in China and it wouldn’t spread to the rest of the world is a level of ignorance that I can’t comprehend, but it clearly exists in alarming quantities.
    edited March 2020
    A comedian pointed out the other day that the Corona virus has broken a social contract. I live in a part of the world where we often have sh*ty weather. The story in the Bible where Noah experiences 40 days and nights of rain never impressed me. I've had summers where I never bothered to find my shorts and in the winters I don't see the sun for months.
    The trade-off for this is that we don't die of horrible epidemics. Corona clearly ignores this cosmic truth.
    I think that's how many in this part of the world subconciously think.
  • BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:

The outbreak was a catastrophe already when they delayed the release a couple of weeks ago. The average person just wasn’t well-informed enough to see it. The idea that 80,000 people could get sick in China and it wouldn’t spread to the rest of the world is a level of ignorance that I can’t comprehend, but it clearly exists in alarming quantities.

Exactly. It has been known by people who follow this sort of thing this was going to be a disaster.

As for it releasing in November, yeah I still expect that. If people do as they are told—keep distance, keep at home as much as possible, practice good hygiene—it is perfectly reasonable to assume we'll be in a better place by mid-to-late November. In addition, there will be less public fear after 7-8 months of reckoning.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,118MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it put back to April 2021.

A release in November, after tens of thousands of deaths from the virus and with, a storyline linked to a biological threat to humanity (possibly?), with a film title 'No Time To Die', may be too insensitive to release in November.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,537MI6 Agent

A release in November, after tens of thousands of deaths from the virus and with, a storyline linked to a biological threat to humanity (possibly?), with a film title 'No Time To Die', may be too insensitive to release in November.

They could always edit the film so the technology is only cloning.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:

They could always edit the film so the technology is only cloning.

There's a popular series on Amazon Prime right now that has a huge plot point dealing with a viral bio weapon.
  • Powers, Austin PowersPowers, Austin Powers Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Completely understandable the postponement of the film because of this terrible pandemic, and I don't think it will postpone it to the next year. After all, we are all looking forward to this film. :D
    Sean Connery: The best of all James Bond
    I would tend to believe the only reason the film could be further delayed would be due to the virus and not a plot point.
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 386MI6 Agent
    Everyone stay safe and we can all discuss the film in the Autumn...I hate that this is happening to the world, but it isn't the first time and it won't be the last. Stay safe, be nice to your friends and neighbors, help each other when you can.
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,537MI6 Agent
    I didn't expect to see people use the hashtag #NoTimeToDie genuinely about the impact of Corona virus. Maybe not the marketing EON were expecting.
    https://twitter.com/c314smiley/status/1242273342700294145?s=20
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    A couple of weeks ago I was seriously bummed-out by the delaying of the film and I didn't see the point. Of late I've barely given a thought to Bond--moving the film to November was basically the right move. I just hope the virus will be dead and gone by that time. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Perhaps the opening of the cinemas in different countries and continents will be months apart. I can't imagine there will be a cinema release before the cinemas in Britain, the USA, China and most of Europe are open. What is possible is NTTD getting released in those places in November, but Africa, Latin America or other parts of the world net getting to see it until months later.
  • johnraidersjohnraiders Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    They’re probably watching how successful the current direct to stream releases are going, I’ve no idea if people are paying the high cost to rent, Invisible Man £18 not even 4K, a lot for a rental
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    I really hope so, It was already disappointing enough that it took so long to get this movie made.
    They’re probably watching how successful the current direct to stream releases are going, I’ve no idea if people are paying the high cost to rent, Invisible Man £18 not even 4K, a lot for a rental

I'm sure EON will be looking closely at all the films that are streaming. I don't know if Invisible Man would be considered the "event" film that a Bond film would be. I would think Black Widow might be a better measuring stick. The big question is will theaters be open by NTTD's November opening date. If the theaters are back in most countries, IMO, NTTD will open in theaters as planned. I know some here are convinced that if theaters are not open in November that they will without question go to streaming. Personally, I just don't know even though it would appear to be the logical option rather than another delay. For me, not being able to see NTTD in a real theater would just not be the same but if it does come down to streaming I would hope that the producers at least have the film available in 4K HDR.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    It's just completely impossible to tell, I really hope it is still released in November, and that society is in a decent enough position to give it good box office takings. All depends how long the world is closed for I suppose.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    Don't worry, folks. The chances of this film going to on demand streaming like Bloodshot (not counting Invisible Man; that actually played for a few weekends) is about as high as me going to sleep in my shorts and t-shirt and waking up in a three piece Tom Ford suit. :)) :)) :)) :))

This is a big blockbuster film, like Tenet, Top Gun, Wonder Woman, and Mulan and Black Widow, meant to be experienced on the big screen. There's no way this will go streaming.

They'll delay it again if they have to (I really hope it doesn't come to that; I imagine things will get back to normal by the summer, at least here in the US as social distancing measures become more effective with time.... hopefully) but they will not let it go to a streaming premiere, IMO.
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
    IMO, Tenet, which like Dunkirk was shot entirely in IMAX 70 and Panavison Super 70mm will sit on the shelf for as long as theaters are shuttered. One has to wonder if the big studios/producers have designated certain big tent pole films to be off limits for streaming and will negotiate with each other on staggered release dates depending on when theaters re-open? I do believe that more Disney titles, such as the live action Mulan and others may be more apt to go to streaming because of the target audience being children who's parents would be more apt to give in and buy/or rent a film to keep the kids who are at home and bored out of their hair...plus kids are probably less picky about not seeing something in a theater. Disney also appears to be taking a calculated gamble by moving one of its mid level releases, Atremis Fowl to their subscription streaming service, Disney Plus. That being said, it appears that the studios are continuing to push back release dates of blockbusters.
    Since NTTD won't be released until November or possibly even later, is it time to consider a dedicated area in AJB for Bond26?
    Number24 wrote:
    Since NTTD won't be released until November or possibly even later, is it time to consider a dedicated area in AJB for Bond26?

Why not, but on the other hand, there isn’t much to dill it with atm.

Not much yet, but we can talk about locations, casting, possible plots, the style/mood we want etc.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Not much yet, but we can talk about locations, casting, possible plots, the style/mood we want etc.

Would this discussion be any different than the hopes and dreams we had for Bond 25?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    We don't know, but that's a good point. However Bond26 will have a new Bond actor. As a result it's likely we'll see a somewhat new style. possibly a new Scooby gang and some level of reboot. We didn't have to take this into account for most of the production of NTTD.