Agent Hamilton with Jakob Oftebro

MAGR007MAGR007 Posts: 80MI6 Agent
Anybody saw it? Searching for the DVDs of season 1 in english, but it seams there is only the dutch and swedish version available.

ZDF is coproducer of this series, but afaik till now it's only transmitted in scandinavic coutries

Comments

• MAGR007MAGR007 Posts: 80MI6 Agent
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,703MI6 Agent
    Carl Gustav Hamilton or "Coq Rouge" is "the Swedish James Bond", as weird as that sounds. He's been played by Stellan Skarsgård and Peter Stormare among others in the past. The character was created by a rich communist in a series of novels. Jakob Ofterbro is Norwegian and I think he has international potential outside of Scandinavia where he's already a star. Production had to stop for months because he got his face badly burnt by a Molotov cocktail while filming a scene for the series.
    Thank you, Number24.

Somebody saw the series already?
    edited September 2021
    While you wait you should watch the 1998 movie "Hamilton" starring Peter Stormare, Lena Olin and Mark Hamil and directed by Harald Zwartz (The karate kid). There is also the two TV movies from 2012 starring Mikael Persbrandt, "Hamilton: I natsionens interesse" and "Hamilton: Men inte om det gäller din dotter". They may be available for streaming. Persbrandt would make a good Bond villan BTW.
    Number24 wrote:
    While you wait you cpould watch the 1998 movie "Hamilton" starring Peter Stormare, Lena Olin and Mark Hamil and directed by Harald Zwartz (The karate kid). There is also the two TV movies from 2012 starring Mikael Persbrandt, "Hamilton: I natsionens interesse" and "Hamilton: Men inte om det gäller din dotter". They may be available for streaming. Persbrandt would make a good Bond villan BTW.

Number24, i saw the two films with Mikael Persbrandt a lot of times. For me they are better than any James Bond.

Hamilton with Peter Strmare is available on youtube. For me it's too much 80ies (like Bourne with Richard Chamberlain)

I wonder if anybode from Belgium or Netherlands bought the Oftebro DVD and can tell me if they come in english as language too.
    I haven't watched Stellan Skarsgaard's two Hamilton movies, "Coq Rouge" and "The democratic terrorist" since they were new. I remember them as good, but this was back in the 80's. I haven't been able to find them on Youtube, but I still think Skarsgaard as Carl Hamilton was perfect casting.
  • EggsyEggsy Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Interesting, I just checked IMDb for info on this series of films. I’ll see if I can find the versions to watch here in the USA. Character looks interesting I like the hero to be able to do his job but not always happy about it. The conflict and disdain is what I think makes it “human” or relatable.

Anyone is watching Hamilton on ZDF?

• MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

Saw the new Hamilton series in a one go when it was released here in Scandinavia. Thought it was pretty good, although Carl Hamilton is younger than in the novels or in earlier movies. I used to have a Swedish limited edition dvd boxset many years ago, which included first 5 Hamilton movies from "Täcknamn: Coq Rouge" (Codename: Coq Rouge, 1989) with Stellan Skärsgård, to Hamilton(Hamilton, 1998) with Peter Stormare. Hamilton movie from 1998 was definitely made to gather wider/larger audience with few big international names in the cast...Mark Hamill, Lena Olin, Peter Stormare etc.

Mikael Persbrandt as Hamilton is ok too and I would have liked to see him in the third 2010's Hamilton movie, Hamilton 3: I hennes majestet's tjänst (On her majesty's service). Haven't heard or read what happened to title few years back, but i assume it was cancelled.

Back in the mid 90's I also liked Stefan Sauk's interpretation of Swedish elite operative in Hamilton: Vendetta, much better than Peter Haber (Better known today from the Martin Beck police movies, which links also to Persbrandt, as he played Beck's tough sidekick: Gunvald Larsson).

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo

seems that there are not too many Agent Hamilton fans on ajb

I am a fan, or at least I was. The latest Hamilton novel from Jan Guillou was so bad I didn't even bother to finish it. The plot was only about 10% of the text, and the plot wasn't very good! The rest was just the author's musings about politics and society and the main characters complaining about how old they are.