What do you focus on for James Bond items?

Hello all!

I myself focus on the jackets and tops. I can't justify getting the TF suits that cost a months salary, as great as they are.

Alternatively I might pick up the Massimo Alba Sloop Suit but don't necessarily need the exact Drake Chukkas he wears.

What does everyone here focus on when it comes to their Bond related items?

Are there items you have absolutely no interest in or must an outfit be entirely SA ?
Perpetually on the hunt for and WTB:
Matchless Captain Civil War Jacket size Small
Matchless Craig Blouson original ES of 700 size Small

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Hello all!

I myself focus on the jackets and tops. I can't justify getting the TF suits that cost a months salary, as great as they are.

Alternatively I might pick up the Massimo Alba Sloop Suit but don't necessarily need the exact Drake Chukkas he wears.

What does everyone here focus on when it comes to their Bond related items?

Are there items you have absolutely no interest in or must an outfit be entirely SA ?

For me it comes down to if I like something and if it is functional for my lifestyle. Once I've covered those bases I look at the price of the item relative to similar products and if it's reasonable then I'll go for it. Now there are certain cases where Bond items are extremely limited and I have to take a risk in my purchase (Tom Ford Harrington, Adidas Y3 jacket, Connolly Giubbino) so some of the process gets thrown out the window :)) Regarding the Drake's I've wanted a pair but I can't justify the cost because they are crepe soles :# and once worn down they really can't be replaced! The only items I don't have any interest in are Bonds more formal clothes (suit, tuxedo, dress shoes and shirts) and not because I don't like suits it's just that I've never had to work in an environment that requires me to wear one. Now if I was working in an environment that did and had the disposable income I'd probably only own 4 or 5 Tom Ford suits :D
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    edited May 2020
    Mostly alternative jackets, sweaters, and shirts. SA shoes, SA firearms and a SA watch or two.

SA clothing isn't critical to me since I purchase to wear versus collect. I'll splurge if a Bond brand is within reach.

Iconic Alternatives is my benevolent enabler.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    Screen accurate when I can afford it but lots of alternatives and pretty much anything that I think I will wear, so casual shoes, jackets for sure, shirts, sweaters, suits but rarely ties, and hardly ever pants. I also looks at brands or close alternatives in different colors that mix things up, today I wore a pair of Playboy Chukkas in black instead of the Spectre brown. I'm almost exclusively into the DC Bond with an occassional Brosnan thrown in.