No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Victor BVictor B Posts: 476MI6 Agent
    Fred007 wrote:
    I took my usual UK size (in Crockett & Jones) 7 and the fit is good. It seems tight at the beginning on the upper toe but after several times of wearing them, it disappeared.

Fred

I find C&J to be a bit large. I typically wear 9UK/US10. But for C&J I do always go with 8,5UK. Is that the same for you?
  • CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    Hey guys. I'm looking for some size advice for the Drake's Crosby boots.
    I wear a pair of Loakes Trapper boots in Sz UK 10 (tight fitting, could be half a size bigger), and Converse Chuck 70 high's in UK 11
    I found the Crosbys to be snug in the toes in my regular size. I initally purchased a UK 10.5 after reading reviews. Then I went with 11s which are roomy. *shrug* Better roomy than cramped.

All that said, I've never subscribed to the "stretch to fit" rationale. If they're not comfortable to me straight out of the box, they get exchanged.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Victor B wrote:
    Fred007 wrote:
    I took my usual UK size (in Crockett & Jones) 7 and the fit is good. It seems tight at the beginning on the upper toe but after several times of wearing them, it disappeared.

Fred

I find C&J to be a bit large. I typically wear 9UK/US10. But for C&J I do always go with 8,5UK. Is that the same for you?

Honestly, in C&J with size 7, I always feel very comfortable. Maybe, maybe a little bit on the large side but really not noticeable when I wear them....
  • CharlesRobinsonCharlesRobinson Posts: 53MI6 Agent
    I wear a pair of Loakes Trapper boots in Sz UK 10 (tight fitting, could be half a size bigger), and Converse Chuck 70 high's in UK 11.

Additionally, can anyone point me to the cheapest retailer for Australia?

I'd say Loakes run a half size big, Chucks about true to me, so you're likely halfway between the two - and while I've not tried the Crosby, other Drakes shoes (if they're all made at the same place, which I suppose is questionable) run true to size. Guess what I'm saying is if I were you I'd go for a 10.5 UK - but it might be wise to measure up and check the Japanese sizing - which is always accurate.
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    I wear a pair of Loakes Trapper boots in Sz UK 10 (tight fitting, could be half a size bigger), and Converse Chuck 70 high's in UK 11.

Additionally, can anyone point me to the cheapest retailer for Australia?

I'm an 8.5 (English size) in almost all my C&J and and I'm a 9 in converse chuck Taylor 70s (American size). I went with 9 in the Drakes.

A few folks here monitored matching their size in Crockett and jones but I needed a half size up. I ordered an 8.5 and a 9 from drakes because I knew it would be a tough call. DZ's review helped steer me to order two sizes to try because his account of the initial snugness in the forefoot raised a flag.

hope this helps.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the advice fellas. Just ordered a pair in UK 10.5. I'll see how it goes.
  • tardis1711tardis1711 Posts: 208MI6 Agent
    Received my duster today from Massimo Alba. It’s a great piece. Not 100% SA but I’m not bothered about that. This will get a lot of wear. Very light and a nice feel like the sloop suit. Has the 2 buttons on the cuff..both same size.
  • Fastball SpecialFastball Special Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Is Massimo Alba still taking orders for the Sloop Suit? It appears as if my size is sold out.

Anyone who owns it know if it runs big?
    Perpetually on the hunt for and WTB:
    Matchless Captain Civil War Jacket size Small
    Matchless Craig Blouson original ES of 700 size Small
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    Is Massimo Alba still taking orders for the Sloop Suit? It appears as if my size is sold out.

Hi FS, Massimo Alba are still doing the Sloop Suit. The boutiques are still closed but you can contact Alessandro - alessandro.figliuolo@massimoalba.com and he is very helpful and will get back to you quickly. As for the sizing David Z did a great review on the Bondexperience channel as did TSRGus on page 173 of this thread.
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/49549/no-time-to-die-wardrobe-possible-spoilers/page/173/

Hope this helps.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Mr Massimo Alba recently did an interview for Mr Porter where he chats a little about his brand's clothes in NTTD.

https://www.mrporter.com/en-au/journal/fashion/designer-massimo-alba-james-bond-milan-isolation-interview-1250154

Hi FS, Massimo Alba are still doing the Sloop Suit. The boutiques are still closed but you can contact Alessandro - alessandro.figliuolo@massimoalba.com and he is very helpful and will get back to you quickly. As for the sizing David Z did a great review on the Bondexperience channel as did TSRGus on page 173 of this thread.
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/49549/no-time-to-die-wardrobe-possible-spoilers/page/173/

Hope this helps.

I'll have to reach out to them then regarding sizes. I have a feeling I'll need a 50.

Thanks!
  • CharlesRobinsonCharlesRobinson Posts: 53MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Mr Massimo Alba recently did an interview for Mr Porter where he chats a little about his brand's clothes in NTTD.

https://www.mrporter.com/en-au/journal/fashion/designer-massimo-alba-james-bond-milan-isolation-interview-1250154

Mr Porter is great at engaging with brands like that. He comes across brilliantly, really makes you want to invest in the brand.
  • TimeyswirlsTimeyswirls Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Do we know if the braces worn with the dinner suit are the black version of the moire braces Bond’s worn in the other films? I can’t even find the image in this thread someone posted of him opening his jacket that show them at the moment.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    As we're talking about braces... I ask the opinion of Matt S who's certainly more informed than me about this sort of things. Looking at a promotional campaign for NTTD, I noticed that the suspenders worn with the TF tuxedo have leather ends, not the sort of fabric ends the moire had for example in Skyfall.
    Then, if you look carefully, you can notice they have a sort of metal button, probably to be worn whether with a clip or buttons (e.g. the photo)
    ftjlyvy40nk41.jpg

The back seems to have the same leather ends, but I'm not sure; the photo is a little grainy.
    vlcsnap-2020-04-12-17h50m40s034.png

The most similar pair I found is this one, but I didn't find a picture of the back. The description says "The front is made of black satin. The elastic on the back is also black and the loops are made of black leather. The metal clips are silver. The Albert Thurston braces are equipped with loops(3x), buttons (6x) and metal clips (3x). So you can decide which variant you want to use to attach the suspenders to your pants. We recommend using the loops, but we offer both options"
    bretels-bs-bl-web.jpg

Please let me know your opinion about that.
    Here's the post. I sent an email to Albert Thurston to have a confirmation whether they provided these braces for the movie, but I haven't received an answer yet probably due to the current situation. As soon as they get in touch with me I'll let you know.
    But as Matt S stated too I'm convinced it's not the moire ones.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    The braces came from Benson and Clegg.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent

Hope this helps.

I'll have to reach out to them then regarding sizes. I have a feeling I'll need a 50.

Thanks!

I wear a 42L slim and the size 50 fit me perfectly, I only needed an adjustment on the pant length.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    The braces came from Benson and Clegg.
    Yes, I know they're from Besnon & Clegg. I meant the ones worn with the tuxedo. Maybe they're from another company: remember at the beginning some thought the dove grey braces were from AT.
    As I said in the previous post I think they're the ones I posted, but since we ha no clue yet... we can't be sure.
    edited May 2020
    They’re the ones I’m talking about. Made by AT for B&C. Unfortunately they no longer make that exact design though. Albert Thurston may still do them in the same spec, but not with the Benson and Clegg branding anymore.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

I wear a 42L slim and the size 50 fit me perfectly, I only needed an adjustment on the pant length.

I'm usually a 42 and pants lengths are hit or miss off the shelf that is.

Thanks!
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:

With regards to the Tuxedo, sruzgar posted posted the above link to a set of braces from T M Lewin. They look the same as the ones in the picture, as do the AT ones that Matt S posted in this earlier thread

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/49549/no-time-to-die-wardrobe-possible-spoilers/page/179/
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
    Asp9mm wrote:
    They’re the ones I’m talking about. Made by AT for B&C. Unfortunately they no longer make that exact design though. Albert Thurston may still do them in the same spec, but not with the Benson and Clegg branding anymore.
    Oh, sorry. I misunderstood the post. Do you know when they discontinued it? Probably they'll re-release them when the movie is out.
    Sorry, they are TM Lewin. I’m getting my names mixed up. Ignore my above posts saying they were Benson & Clegg I was having a brain fart :D it’s because I was discussing them with someone else at the same time.
    So, in conclusion, they're the AT rebranded form TM Lewin? Or are directly produced by TM Lewin?
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Produced directly by TM Lewin.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    So, in conclusion, they're the AT rebranded form TM Lewin? Or are directly produced by TM Lewin?

The TM Lewin braces that sruzgar had found are made by Thurston. They make braces for so many brands. When you see the union flag tag on the back you can know they're Thurston. I have about 10 pairs of Thurston braces, and I think only two of them are directly from Thurston.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:

The TM Lewin braces that sruzgar had found are made by Thurston. They make braces for so many brands. When you see the union flag tag on the back you can know they're Thurston. I have about 10 pairs of Thurston braces, and I think only two of them are directly from Thurston.
    Good to know. Many thanks. So we can suppose Bond wears the TM Lewin braces in the film?
    In that case it would be an addition to classic English brands he's worn so far (Albert Thurston, Benson & Clegg...).
    After the chat we had about the braces, I wrote an email to TM Lewin in order to ask them if they had been in touch with the costume department to supply them and here's the answer:
    I have had this looked into for you and we believe the official Bond braces come from Turnbull & Asser, but we do stock braces that come from the same origin, please see link below,

https://www.tmlewin.co.uk/accessories/belts-braces/braces/dual-end-black-braces-505466197288.html.
    Now, I've searched in the T&A site, but no match.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    After the chat we had about the braces, I wrote an email to TM Lewin in order to ask them if they had been in touch with the costume department to supply them and here's the answer:
    I have had this looked into for you and we believe the official Bond braces come from Turnbull & Asser, but we do stock braces that come from the same origin, please see link below,

https://www.tmlewin.co.uk/accessories/belts-braces/braces/dual-end-black-braces-505466197288.html.
    Now, I've searched in the T&A site, but no match.

Quite often costume buyers simply walk into a shop and buy a product without any special deals or special communication with the company. There's a strong possibility that if these were purchased from TM Lewin, nobody from TM Lewin would know the costume department purchased them.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Just received today my MA duster and love it. A tad too long for my height in particular if I want it screen accurate as I believe DC wears it to the knee length... As he is wearing size 50 someone mentioned here (same size I bought) and being approx. my height I assume he cot that tailored and made shorter. I can also confirm it comes with the two buttons at the wrist.
    Some pictures of the coat with close look at the cuff buttons and interior pocket
    B46-FFD6-A-067-C-43-E3-A348-861-FEF1-E6-CAD.jpg

DB370893-4671-448-B-8825-7-A9-ED8-EF739-F.jpg

F0-FA143-F-A65-A-4-DB2-9288-501-C0-F718-D17.jpg