No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    Fred007 wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

I am sure the price won't go down to £330 like the original run.

So what you're telling me is the the whole "This re-issue of the Connolly Giubbino jacket is limited to 150 units because the fabric is very hard to get" was a bunch of BS......

+1 X-(

I have a feeling that the restock-version will have the SA buttons
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    edited June 2020
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent
    Hi guys,
    what do you think of this as the Metera henley?
    majestic-filatures-short-sleeve-henley-shirt_15172838_26074367_2048.jpg

Are we absolutely sure that it is a two button henley? On the second image it looks like the model has only the top button open, and with the lighting you can't see the third button which may also be the case on the Matera shots.

https://www.eraldo.com/li/shopping/short-sleeve-henley-shirt-15172838
  • Agent EternalAgent Eternal Athens, GreecePosts: 157MI6 Agent
    singhammer wrote:
    Are we absolutely sure that it is a two button henley?

I don't think there is a trick of the light hiding a third button in the Matera henley.

There are many behind the scenes photos for safe conclusions. Like the following:

Craig-Matera-Massimo-Alba.jpg
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    A bargain going on Mr Porter website, 40% off MA black sloop suit. The trousers may be the black cords Bond wears, not confirmed but they look spot on. Unfortunately only one suit left in size 52 - https://www.mrporter.com/en-de/mens/product/massimo-alba/clothing/suits/black-cotton-corduroy-suit/11813139150819773
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    So at this point could we be quite sure (or at least speculate) the black trousers he wears with the duster coat are from the Sloop suit in "Nero lava" even if there's no official confirmation from Massimo Alba?
  • No confirmation has been given. They don't sell the pants by themselves unfortunately, perhaps they will if they get confirmed though and ma releases them again.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    Was it ever confirmed that the other blue jacket worn by Bond in Cuba was, in fact, the Barbour Graham ?
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Peakey wrote:
    A bargain going on Mr Porter website, 40% off MA black sloop suit. The trousers may be the black cords Bond wears, not confirmed but they look spot on. Unfortunately only one suit left in size 52 - https://www.mrporter.com/en-de/mens/product/massimo-alba/clothing/suits/black-cotton-corduroy-suit/11813139150819773

Dear lord that suit looks terrible! It may be down to the way it fits on the model, but my mind immediately went to what a grandpa would wear feeding birds at the park :# Yikes.
  • MyselfMyself Posts: 64MI6 Agent
    I‘ve been contacted this week by TF Germany and they informed me that they will get soon add NTTD items.
    Among them the grey jeans we all know but surprisingly as well they talk about a denim jacket used in the movie.
    Curious if this will be the one some think it‘s the Graham jacket or a complete different one.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    i think that would be pretty cool with Bond wearing a denim jacket if that is true. Also a denim jacket from TF is more affordable than a lot of their other stuff.
    Myself wrote:
    I‘ve been contacted this week by TF Germany and they informed me that they will get soon add NTTD items.
    Do you know more or less when the collection will be available?
  • MyselfMyself Posts: 64MI6 Agent
    Myself wrote:
    Do you know more or less when the collection will be available?

Unfortunately not. Due to Covid-19 the delivery from Milan is still unreliable. Told me they sill get mix from SS20 items with already new one from AW20 and aren’t informed beforehand what will be shipped. But as the situation in Europe is getting better the receive weekly delivery from Italy from this week on.
  • Got word that the TF no time to die grey jeans are being released again, but the product code will be slightly different. They will only be released in the screen accurate cut slim fit, which is TFD001.

Some websites are already selling them and titling them "James Bond Jeans"
    edited June 2020

Thank you but I have something to ask:

I thought the NTTD TF Jeans has the Item No. TFD001-BPJ26 (TFD002 for straight fit), link (one available size 30 from the first run by the way):https://www.tomford.com/straight-fit-japanese-selvedge-denim/TFD002-BPJ26.html?dwvar_TFD002-BPJ26_color=K01&cgid=JEANS

the ones who were restocked and are announced as "James Bond Jeans" or "Slim Jeans" have the item nr.:
    TFD001-BVJ26K01
    https://www.julian-fashion.com/en-DE/product/121497/tom_ford/jeans/james_bond_jeans
    https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/tom-ford-skinny-jeans-item-15278024.aspx

did they change the item-nr? and they look darker if you ask me, maybe the light? I'm just asking if this is really the NTTD-Jeans
  • Noi wrote:

Thank you but I have something to ask:

I thought the NTTD TF Jeans has the Item No. TFD001-BPJ26 (TFD002 for straight fit), link (one available size 30 from the first run by the way):https://www.tomford.com/straight-fit-japanese-selvedge-denim/TFD002-BPJ26.html?dwvar_TFD002-BPJ26_color=K01&cgid=JEANS

the ones who were restocked and are announced as "James Bond Jeans" or "Slim Jeans" have the item nr.:
    TFD001-BVJ26K01
    https://www.julian-fashion.com/en-DE/product/121497/tom_ford/jeans/james_bond_jeans
    https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/tom-ford-skinny-jeans-item-15278024.aspx

did they change the item-nr? and they look darker if you ask me, maybe the light? I'm just asking if this is really the NTTD-Jeans

Who knows? I personally have yet to see the reissue from Tom Ford, would find it weird though if they have 2 similar jeans, most likely they have a new product code, wash might be a little different too. Jeans are near impossible to recreate perfectly. It will probably be like the Massimo Alba Duster, close but not quite screen accurate.
    edited June 2020
    yeah you might be right, thanks for the explanation, but before spending 700-800 dollar in something I like to ask twice
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    While not worn in the film itself - Anyone know if Adidas scrapped their 007 inspired sneakers? I never saw any official announcement from them directly in regards to those.
  • asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    Following one of the Jeans links above, I came across this:https://www.julian-fashion.com/en-DE/product/121533/tom_ford/ties_papillon/james_bond_papillon

Is this the bow tie from NTTD?
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    asd007 wrote:
    Following one of the Jeans links above, I came across this:https://www.julian-fashion.com/en-DE/product/121533/tom_ford/ties_papillon/james_bond_papillon

Is this the bow tie from NTTD?

I’d assume so seeing as they’ve got the NTTD tux and tux shirt as well.
    asd007 wrote:
    The items slowly start to pop out! :D
    By the way: the tuxedo is a very stunning piece. One of the best worn by Craig so far IMO
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    Peakey wrote:

Dear lord that suit looks terrible! It may be down to the way it fits on the model, but my mind immediately went to what a grandpa would wear feeding birds at the park :# Yikes.

Someone has took it, now sold out!
  • biesnacksbiesnacks Posts: 85MI6 Agent

Anyone done any further digging on this? I've seen David's vlog post today and that unwashed version looks good, but the button on the collar I haven't seen on any of the clips of Bond wearing the jacket, making me think it is the washed version he wears.

Anyone have any additional detective work they can provide?
    edited June 2020
    biesnacks wrote:
    Anyone done any further digging on this? I've seen David's vlog post today and that unwashed version looks good, but the button on the collar I haven't seen on any of the clips of Bond wearing the jacket, making me think it is the washed version he wears.

It is really hard say which version he wears, the only possibility I know so far are the two buttons on the collar that could help differentiate the versions. In the Fukunaga trailer there is not really a button to be seen, which may not mean much because Bond is moving half in the shade here.

this could be a "reflection" from the button on the backside of the collar:

Waxed.jpg

some say that it would be unrealistic that Bond would wear a waxed jacket during warm Cuba weather, but I've seen Bond wearing a suedejacket in the heat of Morocco.
    Could be the release date help? the unwashed version is definitely from the past season like 2019? same goes for the waxed version? I don't know

If I had to guess I would say its the Unwashed-Version and if I had to chose I would take the Washed-version because it matches better with the outworn shoes, and the TF-Jeans which also has a washed look.

Of course everyone has to decide for themselves, but hey I think that the two jackets, whether washed or unwashed, are not that different. I can imagine that the jacket, once identified, will be available for £ 400-500 (or even more). now is the chance to get the washed-version for £ 200-300 and I think this is a good deal for a sa or nearly-sa Bond-Barbour Jacket.
    edited June 2020
    Noi wrote:
    biesnacks wrote:

It is really hard say which version he wears, the only possibility I know so far are the two buttons on the collar that could help differentiate the versions. In the Fukunaga trailer there is not really a button to be seen, which may not mean much because Bond is moving half in the shade here.

this could be a "reflection" from the button on the backside of the collar:

Waxed.jpg

some say that it would be unrealistic that Bond would wear a waxed jacket during warm Cuba weather, but I've seen Bond wearing a suedejacket in the heat of Morocco.
    Could be the release date help? the unwashed version is defenetly from the past season like 2019? same goes for the waxed version? I don't know

If I had to guess I would say its the Unwashed-Version and if I had to chose I would take the Washed-version because it matches better with the outworn shoes, and the TF-Jeans which also has a washed look.

Of course everyone has to decide for themselves, but hey I think that the two jackets, whether washed or unwashed, are not that different. I can imagine that the jacket, once identified, will be available for £ 400-500 (or even more). now is the chance to get it for washed-version 200-300 € and I think this is a good deal for a sa or nearly-sa Bond-Barbour Jacket.

love that response. Thats for the further insight. Been hearing people (including david) say it runs large. So I am thinking of sizing down and seeing what it feels like.

Thanks again!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Yup. I can confirm it runs big
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Yup. I can confirm it runs big

perfect thank you! I am 5'11 160lbs, for the more fitted loook I was going to go with a Small and see how it felt. You agree?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Im at the other end of the scale (usually XL) so cant comment.

All I would say is size down from your usual kind of size
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    for the US-Members: Washed Version Size L left for 206 Dollars, great deal but please note that the jacket is not confirmed

yes, they runs large, Barbour describes the fit as "Oversized"

https://www.garmentory.com/sale/barbour/menswear-jackets/865051-barbour-x-engineered-garments-washed-graham-casual-jacket-navy-blue
    Noi wrote:
    for the US-Members: Washed Version Size L left for 206 Dollars, great deal but please note that the jacket is not confirmed

yes, they runs large, Barbour describes the fit as "Oversized"

https://www.garmentory.com/sale/barbour/menswear-jackets/865051-barbour-x-engineered-garments-washed-graham-casual-jacket-navy-blue

awesome! thanks for the quick replies guys. I just bought one from END Clothing. it's 50% off right now for 240$. I'll gladly take it and the fact I can return if I don't like is even better.

Another purchase to try and help forget the movie isn't out until November LOL.