AJB live commentary on FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

1789101113»

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 3,850MI6 Agent
    FYEO is my favourite Roger Moore Bond film. He effortlessly becomes a Bond everyone can believe in. He should have called it a day with this one, he was clearly too old in the next two and unfortunately, for me at least, his legacy was tarnished somewhat.

I love Conti’s score, it captures the era so well.

John Glen bookends his tenure, (FYEO and LTK), with two great movies, the ones in between are rather pedestrian, though to be fair, he is hampered by an ageing Roger in OP and AVTAK. He draws a supreme performance from Timothy Dalton in TLD but is let down by a weak script.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • The Spy Who Never DiesThe Spy Who Never Dies UKPosts: 642MI6 Agent
    I've enjoyed reading these posts after watching FYEO on tv on Sat night. I know the answer is "because movie" but in the PTS where Bond is hanging onto the outside of the helicopter, he has a couple of opportunities where Blofeld brings the helicopter close to the platform that his wheelchair is on and Bond could have jumped off but instead he makes life harder for himself!

This is my second favourite Roger Moore film after TSWLM.

I read that Conti had originally wanted Barbara Streisand to record the title song.

I listened to the podcast. A nice international mix of accents :) You all have so much knowledge of all things Bond, I feel like a rookie! Being new here, I also felt a bit like an eavesdropper, listening in, or maybe it's the start of a promising career in espionage!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 30,802Chief of Staff
    Please, don't feel like an eavesdropper! You're very welcome. :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,134Chief of Staff
    I’ve just finished listening to the podcast - congrats all round, very entertaining -{
    YNWA 96
  • The Spy Who Never DiesThe Spy Who Never Dies UKPosts: 642MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Please, don't feel like an eavesdropper! You're very welcome. :)

Thanks Barbel.