No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Wow thats nuts lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    Fresh news. Connolly just sent me this email

I can confirm that the Finamore shirt was sent to the costume department and we have been told that it will be featured in the film. The shirt will be available on our website in the Autumn.

So it seems another piece has been identified, but no photos for the moment
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Also purchased the revised version. Initially I was on the fence about the jumper, I think it’s lovely but wasn’t sure I’d be able to distance it from being a “cosplay” style item. I feel I can get away without a layer underneath or a wide/low neck light grey t-shirt. I won’t be wearing it with any grey combats or black military boots, more likely to pair it with some beige chinos per the N Peal promo shots on the site (minus the yacht) or some light jeans.

My main contribution is that I’ve managed to neatly tuck the drawstrings in on themselves, if any of you want a cleaner line around the neck.
    66-F2322-D-73-F7-4690-9-F32-850-B7-DAD8-E0-A.jpg

Can I ask the board members' help in figuring out the "revised" situation? I returned one sweater and bought another, asking for revised. I did not get the revised, but the original. I then sent the second one back to exchange for the revised and today got...another unrevised.

What a nightmare , this was the email I got from Upali at customer services when I queried it on the 1st release.
    The email was back in April.
    Not ordered a revised version yet, waiting for the winter here in the Uk.

We hope all is well and you are staying safe.We would like to inform you that we have finally received the revised version of the army sweater.
    Please kindly place the order online and we will be able to dispatch it asap.

Please kindly leave a message on the order saying -REVISED VERSION so we are aware that you would like the new one.

We thank you very much for your patience and cooperation.

Hope that helps

I am seeing 9 raised ribs on the revised smalls posted here. That is correct, isn't it? I have now received three sweaters with 7 raised ribs. I feel like N Peal is screwing with me at this point.
    007 reporting for duty
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    What a nightmare Halfmonk , this was the email I got from Upali at customer services when I queried it on the 1st release.
    The email was back in April.
    Not ordered a revised version yet, waiting for the winter here in the Uk.

We hope all is well and you are staying safe.We would like to inform you that we have finally received the revised version of the army sweater.
    Please kindly place the order online and we will be able to dispatch it asap.

Please kindly leave a message on the order saying -REVISED VERSION so we are aware that you would like the new one.

We thank you very much for your patience and cooperation.

Hope that helps
    007 reporting for duty
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

I can confirm that the Finamore shirt was sent to the costume department and we have been told that it will be featured in the film. The shirt will be available on our website in the Autumn.

Does anyone have a picture of the shirt from a previous Connolly season?
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

Does anyone have a picture of the shirt from a previous Connolly season?

Presumably something like this - https://www.connollyengland.com/products/plain-linen-shirt-off-white
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    Judging from the photo David Z. posted a while back, it should be something like that

fn4241-1.jpg
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    Some websites are already selling them and titling them "James Bond Jeans"

Thank you but I have something to ask:

I thought the NTTD TF Jeans has the Item No. TFD001-BPJ26 (TFD002 for straight fit), link (one available size 30 from the first run by the way):https://www.tomford.com/straight-fit-japanese-selvedge-denim/TFD002-BPJ26.html?dwvar_TFD002-BPJ26_color=K01&cgid=JEANS

the ones who were restocked and are announced as "James Bond Jeans" or "Slim Jeans" have the item nr.:
    TFD001-BVJ26K01
    https://www.julian-fashion.com/en-DE/product/121497/tom_ford/jeans/james_bond_jeans
    https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/tom-ford-skinny-jeans-item-15278024.aspx

did they change the item-nr? and they look darker if you ask me, maybe the light? I'm just asking if this is really the NTTD-Jeans

You ever figure this out, Noi? I'm considering pulling the trigger on a pair myself from Far Fetch.
    That is not the correct jeans from the original run that Noi linked to.

The rivets are also the wrong colour (should be silver)
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    The farfetch one look correct (brown label at rear, silver rivets etc).
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    |If you are looking for an alternative then these are amazing jeans - i snagged a pair and they are much easier on the pocket!! italian high end brand. Sold out on Mr Porter but you may be able to track them down:

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/product/incotex/clothing/slim-jeans/slim-fit-stretch-denim-jeans/11813139151090200
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    You ever figure this out, Noi? I'm considering pulling the trigger on a pair myself from Far Fetch.

I've contacted TF but didn't receive a reply so I asked Farfetch which Colour-Code these pants have and they answered K01 which is the correct sa colour, nevertheless they look darker to me I think the jeans from the original run have a more light grey bluish touch but I ordered from Farfetch yesterday to have a look at them by myself, I can post some pictures etc if you are interested.
    welshboy78 wrote:

hm at least they have the correct Item-Number and Colour-Code: BPJ26-K01 sorry if I'm being wrong, maybe it depends on the season if the rivets are darker?

I wonder how Connolly will handle the re-release of the shirt, hopefully not with a 40% priceincrease again
    Noi wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

I've contacted TF but didn't receive a reply so I asked Farfetch which Colour-Code these pants have and they answered K01 which is the correct sa colour, nevertheless they look darker to me I think the jeans from the original run have a more light grey bluish touch but I ordered from Farfetch yesterday to have a look at them by myself, I can post some pictures etc if you are interested.
    welshboy78 wrote:

hm at least they have the correct Item-Number and Colour-Code: BPJ26-K01 sorry if I'm being wrong, maybe it depends on the season if the rivets are darker?

I wonder how Connolly will handle the re-release of the shirt, hopefully not with a 40% priceincrease again

Yes probably the rivets and badge changed as diff season.

I managed to get 2 correct pairs cheaper on Gilt last year thankfully

I also did get a pair with the copper rivets (returned) and it was different shade of grey - they also didnt feel as soft
    Anyone hazard a guess on what the TF Denim Jacket is likely to be? The standard version is their Trucker jacket and they don't seem to release many versions. They do a cord version as well which would be keeping in theme with the use of cord in the rest of the movie. Is there any way of finding out from the TF contact who mentioned it originally?
    sunny01 wrote:
    Anyone hazard a guess on what the TF Denim Jacket is likely to be? The standard version is their Trucker jacket and they don't seem to release many versions. They do a cord version as well which would be keeping in theme with the use of cord in the rest of the movie. Is there any way of finding out from the TF contact who mentioned it originally?

I went thru everything with Luigi / Milan and he never mentioned such a jacket appearing. Maybe this is a mistake or needs clarifying further
    welshboy78 wrote:
    sunny01 wrote:

I went thru everything with Luigi / Milan and he never mentioned such a jacket appearing. Maybe this is a mistake or needs clarifying further

We have already seen Bond in three casual jackets in NTDD. Not to say there isn't a fourth, but none of the Craig films has had that many.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Spectre had three and this is like twenty minutes longer, so I'm not too surprised.
    So, with some help from David Z, I was able to contact Crystal of TF in NYC. I asked her if there were, perhaps, any of the BPJ26s hiding in a box somewhere. Apparently there's a bunch because they just got a reorder in. It hasn't been updated on the website yet but I was able to place an order today. Now, I have no idea if these are going to be from the same batch/run as Far Fetch or if they're going to be different in some way. So when you get yours and I get mine we should compare pictures, Noi. Because there's a $200 difference.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    sunny01 wrote:

Thanks Welshboy - I really hope they have another casual jacket because I am not keen on any of the wardrobe in this movie so far so I am still holding out for one holy grail item that I must have. Fingers crossed.
    edited July 2020
    frommeyer wrote:
    So, with some help from David Z, I was able to contact Crystal of TF in NYC. I asked her if there were, perhaps, any of the BPJ26s hiding in a box somewhere. Apparently there's a bunch because they just got a reorder in. It hasn't been updated on the website yet but I was able to place an order today. Now, I have no idea if these are going to be from the same batch/run as Far Fetch or if they're going to be different in some way. So when you get yours and I get mine we should compare pictures, Noi. Because there's a $200 difference.

Good Idea, the delivery-date is announced for the 7. June.
    Based on the stockists (Farfetch, Modes, Julian Fashion) the item code changed to BVJ26 (https://bit.ly/3gnSzhU), if the pants in the NYC-Store store have the model-nr BPJ26 it should be the sa ones

12769189-12821847-1000.jpg15278024-27408322-1000.jpg

these shades are just too different for an accurate re-release item, but photographs can be very tricky

this is a great Denim Jacket by TF, pretty affordable for a TF but maybe too similar to the RGT with that hiden pocket but workwear is craigs-style (henleys etc), just pure speculations in these dry times
    https://www.tomford.com/brushed-cotton-workwear-jacket/TFD114-BTJ28.html?dwvar_TFD114-BTJ28_color=B09#q=jacket&start=131
    Now that I look, I'm not sure BPJ26s on TF's site are screen accurate either. We know from the set photos that the TF tag by the coin pocket is black. On the website it's white.

*shrug*

We'll see when they arrive.

TFD002-BPJ26-K01-OS-A.jpg
    Noi wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

Good Idea, the delivery-date is announced for the 7. July.
    Based on the stockists (Farfetch, Modes, Julian Shaw) the item code changed to BVJ26 (https://bit.ly/3gnSzhU), if the pants in the NYC-Store store have the model-nr BPJ26 it should be the sa ones

12769189-12821847-1000.jpg15278024-27408322-1000.jpg

these shades are just too different for an accurate re-release item, but photographs can be very tricky

this is a great Denim Jacket by TF, pretty affordable for a TF but maybe to similar too the RGT with that hiden pocket but workwear is craigs-style (henleys etc), just pure speculations in these dry times
    https://www.tomford.com/brushed-cotton-workwear-jacket/TFD114-BTJ28.html?dwvar_TFD114-BTJ28_color=B09#q=jacket&start=131

Thanks Noi - agree that is an awesome denim jacket. I think it would look great on DC as its a bit different with the brushed cotton.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Chace Crawford in a NTTD look with a white t-shirt and the RGT in a recent Variety interview.
    IMG-9903.jpg
    edited July 2020
    frommeyer wrote:
    Now that I look, I'm not sure BPJ26s on TF's site are screen accurate either. We know from the set photos that the TF tag by the coin pocket is black. On the website it's white.

TFD002-BPJ26-K01-OS-A.jpg

no worry haha I have seen BPJ26's with a black TF tag, the modelnumber should be definitely the correct one
    I just received my Barbour Graham (Washed) Jacket from Slam Jam in Italy, and I'm surprised to say I love it.

First, my measurements. I'm 6' and 190 pounds. I'm a 43" chest and usually take suits with 19" shoulders and 35" waist. (Being an American, in a country where vanity sizing rules, that means I buy Levis in size 32 :)) ). In shirts I go for 35" sleeves.

I own the To Ki To in size XL. That jacket fits as Barbour intended, but I never had it tailored for a Bond hero shot fit. It was close enough for me.

Based on what I've read here, I decided to size way down to a M with the Graham, and that seems to have been spot on. Shoulders, chest, waist, and sleeves fit perfectly. I see no need for alterations.

Overall it resembles the jacket we glimpse Bond wearing in Cuba in almost all respects, the collar, throat flap, and fit most of all.

Pictures to come.
  • one thing that confuses a lot of people on this forum is fit preference. The Graham jacket is very relaxed on Craig in Cuba, it does not have a snug tailored Skyfall Barbour Commander jacket look about it. I was lucky enough (or intuitive enough) to buy a couple in the screen accurate unwashed version.

Long story short, if you want a screen accurate look, go 1 size down, if you want a more fitted tailored look, go 2 sizes down.
    Apropos of nothing, every time I see your username MrE I think of this clip I just uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA3SOeENYF8
    edited July 2020
    the TF Jeans were delivered today, here are some pictures from the BVJ26 K01 (re-release) I try catch the colour, I would say that these are slightley darker than the sa ones but its hard to say for me because I never owned the BPJ26's

the Slim-Fit looks very sa to me but I have to say that this is not a cut for me, I always wear straight cut pants because of my thick legs and I just don't feel comfortable in them, so if anybody is unhappy with their straight ones and like to get the slim fitted jeans (which are probably the sa ones) I would like to trade them, I would take Size 34 or 36 and of course I can provide one of these sizes too, so please PM me if your are interested, otherwise I will send them back to Farfetch or ask my tailor if its possible to change the cut (propably not) , I will post that later on the Sale&Trade-Board if nobody pms me, thank you

IMG-20200703-145424-608.jpgIMG-1816.jpgIMG-1817.jpgIMG-1819.jpgIMG-1820.jpgIMG-1821.jpgIMG-1822.jpg

Me too! And I totally agree, its a really nice jacket and I'm happy that I'd pulled the trigger on the washed ones! matches much better with the rest of the outfit in my eyes and if you raise that mighty collar you look a bit like dracula haha
    interesting how clothing sometimes work or not work, on some pictures I thought: ok this jacket is a 100% pass for me, but I have tried the graham on, combined it with the rest of the outfit and I don't know why but it looks great.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    the TF Jeans were delivered today, here are some pictures from the BVJ26 K01 (re-release) I try catch the colour, I would say that these are slightley darker than the sa ones but its hard to say for me because I never owned the BPJ26's

the Slim-Fit looks very sa to me but I have to say that this is not a cut for me, I always wear straight cut pants because of my thick legs and I just don't feel comfortable in them, so if anybody is unhappy with their straight ones and like to get the slim fitted jeans (which are probably the sa ones) I would like to trade them, I would take Size 34 or 36 and of course I can provide one of these sizes too, so please PM me if your are interested, otherwise I will send them back to Farfetch or ask my tailor if its possible to change the cut (propably not) , I will post that later on the Sale&Trade-Board if nobody pms me, thank you

IMG-20200703-145424-608.jpgIMG-1816.jpgIMG-1817.jpgIMG-1819.jpgIMG-1820.jpgIMG-1821.jpgIMG-1822.jpg

Me too! And I totally agree, its a really nice jacket and I'm happy that I'd pulled the trigger on the washed ones! matches much better with the rest of the outfit in my eyes and if you raise that mighty collar you look a bit like dracula haha
    interesting how clothing sometimes work or not work, on some pictures I thought: ok this jacket is a 100% pass for me, but I have tried the graham on, combined it with the rest of the outfit and I don't know why but it looks great.

Could you provide measurements for the waist on both pairs?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Two things to share - first, having worn the MA Winch pants a fair bit now, I can say they are the most comfortable pair of pants I own. I cannot recommend highly enough!

Second, having not been happy with the buttons on the Connolly NTTD jacket, I finally changed the buttons over to what I think is a more SA look!
    20200704-030135.jpg