Coronavirus

Comments

• 00730073 COPPosts: 977MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Vindicated: To clear of accusation, blame, suspicion, or doubt with supporting arguments or proof :) :)

Yes I know, and since Swedes know, that no one else will do that for them, they'll do them selves... :v

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    In other words, you think the probe will conveniently find the strategy was the correct one? I wish I could say you're wrong.
    At least the probe will give them something to do this summer, since no-one wants them to visit as toursits :))
    Sweden just decided to require guests in bars and restaurants have to keep a distance of at least one meter. About time, most countries with the same level of infection closed their bars long ago.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I am shocked hearing about Corona Parties where a price money was promised to the first one to catch the virus.

Pretty sure that ER healthworkers have a strong opinion about this...
    You can‘t fight stupid I guess
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    I am shocked hearing about Corona Parties where a price money was promised to the first one to catch the virus.

"The only difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits"
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    Because of the low rate of infection the Norwegian health authorities now allow the hugging of close friends. Now I'll run out the door and hug my best male friends for the first time in my life (I'm a cold, emotionally stunted north European)
  • The Spy Who Never DiesThe Spy Who Never Dies UKPosts: 644MI6 Agent
    0073 wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

"The only difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits"

A friend of mine used to say "no-one is an idiot on purpose" but if people really are doing this then that saying is way off! I've heard of Chicken Pox parties where parents would take their kids to a friend's house whose child had it, hoping theirs would get it too. The reasoning behind that was it was easier on the child to have chicken pox while they are young as opposed to in adulthood.
    edited July 2020
    Number24 wrote:
    Because of the low rate of infection the Norwegian health authorities now allow the hugging of close friends. Now I'll run out the door and hug my best male friends for the first time in my life (I'm a cold, emotionally stunted north European)

It turns out we're not allowed to hug our close friends anyway, so my friends are safe this decade too :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I'm sending you a virtual hug, Number24, if that helps :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    I instinctively and virtually flinch and pull away at this display of Mediteranian show of emotion, but virtually bump elbows in apriciation :)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    The bars are open, time to head out, puff on a cigar, drink a pint and... feast.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bet that put you off.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    You can run, Number 24, but you can't hide :007)

IMG-3011.jpg
    You can run, Number 24, but you can't hide :007)

IMG-3011.jpg

:)) :)) :))
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    Say what you like about Ghislaine Maxwell, but unlike a lot of political figures, of late she seemed to be obeying lockdown rules pretty well.

Unknown-1.jpg

Guess she'll continue to do so now - gives a new meaning to 'jailbait'...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Canada has only a tenth a of the spread of Covid-19 compared to the US. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuXtfS6QIR8)
    We see it again and again: What works is hitting the breaks hard at the start of the pandemic, politicians working together based on science, a lot of testing. and a slow opening up of society. NOT calling Corona a hoax at the begining, followed by stopping direct flights from China, lots of tweets and then opening up too early.

Norway opened up for tourism to and from most of Europe. The "red" countries are a few countries in the Balkans, Portugal, Luxemburg and Sweden. Our neighbours in Sweden are not used to being the paria of Europe and I've heard Swedes, inclluding a top business offical, blaming Norwegian and other foreign media for the closed borders - "The image of Sweden abroad". Because the problem is obviously foreign media and not the fact that Sweden has more Covid-19 per capita than any other country in Europe :))
    Trump has retweeted the Cameroonia-American physician, author, and pastor Stella Immanuel and called her "impressive" because she claims to have treated hundreds of Covid-19 patients with her medicine.
    There is good reason to doubt her because she also claims:

- many gynecological illnesses are the result of having sex dreams with demons

- receiving demon sperm; endometriosis, infertility, miscarriages, and sexually transmitted infections are caused by spirit spouses.

- space alien DNA is used in medical treatments, and that Reptilians and other extraterrestrials run the government.

- Illuminati are using witches to destroy the world through abortion, gay marriage, children's toys and media (e.g. Harry Potter, Pokémon, Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana).

- scientists are developing vaccines to stop people from being religious.

(source: Wikipedia)
    Number24 wrote:
    Trump has retweeted the Cameroonia-American physician, author, and pastor Stella Immanuel and called her "impressive" because she claims to have treated hundreds of Covid-19 patients with her medicine.

- receiving demon sperm; endometriosis, infertility, miscarriages, and sexually transmitted infections are caused by spirit spouses.

- space alien DNA is used in medical treatments, and that Reptilians and other extraterrestrials run the government.

- Illuminati are using witches to destroy the world through abortion, gay marriage, children's toys and media (e.g. Harry Potter, Pokémon, Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana).

Why do you doubt her findings, do you have contrary evidence? Can you prove, that sex dreams with demons is safe? Why don't you introduce me to your spirit spouses, and let me make my own judgement!!!
    Aand to make things clear: :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

I don't know what the issue is, those claims all seem quite logical and well researched. Has she won the Nobel Prize yet? If not, I definitely think 2021 is her year -{
    Ever wondered, why the COVID numbers in the UK are so high?

At the governmental webpage you can download your self-prescribed „I am exempt from wearing a mask“.

You think, that I am making this up?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

I think it's highly unlikely that a web page no-one knows about would contribute to the number of infections in the U.K.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    No ! C&D you must get behind this
    Conspiracy, Boris was never elected.
    He's a dictator, and a criminal genius.
    With his plans to kill thousands of people.
    Even long ago when asked about ping pong
    He used the term wiff waff. Sounds like
    Air movement, or something airborne.
    Proving that he knew years ago this was
    Coming! with plans to blame the peace
    Loving Chinese communist party.
    I praise all those trying to get the truth out.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    JTM wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

I don't know what the issue is, those claims all seem quite logical and well researched. Has she won the Nobel Prize yet? If not, I definitely think 2021 is her year -{

You're right, I judged her too hastely. It turnes out noen of rhe mainstream medical professionals have done any reasearch on demon sperm and the ill efects of dreaming about demons. I say the mainstream medical establismnet need to think more outside the box, like Trump did when he suggestdusing bleech internallyagainst the corona virus! :D
    I think it's highly unlikely that a web page no-one knows about would contribute to the number of infections in the U.K.

Absolutely correct, C&D, there is no direct context, but I obviously failed to use a wider scope:

- How serious the UK government has been taking and still is taking the pandemic
    - How easy they make it to be a kind of rolemodel when loopholes* like that exist which makes social sanctioning merely impossible ("Hey, you are not wearing a mask in the nursing home" - - > Pulls the Government Exemption Card)
    ...and so on.

That card and the link for sure circulates on Social Media and is of course abused by everyone who "beliefs...." or not and so contributes to a small degree to the desasterous Covid numbers so far - and still counting.

I am sure that the drs and nurses and the ones that lost someone will be delighted about those cards when they are confronted with them.

* in the way of "Yes, there is a law to use facemasks when social distancing is not possible, but *wink*wink we have something for you"

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've been sleeping with a demon for
    Years, ..... infact I married her. ;%
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I wonder who this could be :D
    D6-DFC58-E-FA74-4-D91-831-B-0-F25-F1-B46883-4-5005-c.jpg
    ba345f3469.jpg

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Ever wondered, why the COVID numbers in the UK are so high?

At work we also deal with NHS Pensions, this means we get quite a number of death certificates in...it’s been noted that almost all death certificates are citing COVID-19 as the main contributor to death...it’s quite striking just how many of the ‘other causes of death’ have been relegated to secondary causes...at best!
    I’ve been told that a death certificate stating death due to COVID-19 means that no autopsy is carried out - I have no idea IF this is a fact but it sounds logical.
    So it appears that national figures are being ‘massaged’ upwards...hence the overly high numbers of COVID-19 deaths reported.
    YNWA 97
    I don‘t know enough about the UK health system but it seems to me not to make sense to pushing the number. What would be the purpose/motive for that?
    Trump would like to have his numbers down and so do most of the other nations of the civilized world.

Do you have an increased mortality (german = Übersterblichkeit) number compared to non-Covid times?
    That could be an indicator of the real number

Higgins wrote:
    I don‘t know enough about the UK health system but it seems to me not to make sense to pushing the number. What would be the purpose/motive for that?

It speeds up the process and takes pressure off the health service - that would be a great reason...
    YNWA 97
    Higgins wrote:
    Do you have an increased mortality (german = Übersterblichkeit) number compared to non-Covid times?
    That could be an indicator of the real number

The last set of figures that I recall seeing showed an increase of just over 50,000 deaths compared to non-Covid times...these figures will be a couple of months old now...
    YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.