The Gadget Meister Tribute Prop Only Thread

1242526272830»

Comments

• thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,844MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Hello everyone,
    This morning I had the privilidge of attending a final farewell to our very own “Gadget Meister” Andy House.

Thanks to a webcast at his service I was able to be there, at least, in spirit as his friends and family attended his funeral.

Andy made a grand appearance as his remains were carried to the stage while the James Bond theme played in the chapel.

His ebony coffin bore the the 007 logo with the words inscribed above it “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.” An MI6 logo also was on there as well.

It was a beautiful service with his closest friends remembering, with fondness, the pleasure it was to have Andy as a friend.

We, who had been lucky enough to have gotten to know Andy, will forever miss his many contributions to our hobby and, like Diamonds, his friendship with us, are Forever.

Rest in Peace, Andy. You are sorely missed
    --Ed Maggiani

Screenshot-9332.jpg
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    will be missed - rest big boy... -{
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    I haven’t been here in a while, but thanks to a heads up by thespyboys11, I’ve dropped by to pay my respects to the one and only Gadget Meister.

Rest In Peace Andy!

Your contributions to AJB and the Bond community will be sorely missed.

A Bond prop guy who kept it old school!

On the ultimate mission to the other side. GWG - Go With God.

Until we meet again...

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    edited May 2020
    Anyone reading this...please look at the posting entitled: DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER CREMATORIUM URN TRIBUTE TO ANDY HOUSE"
    --Ed

Go to this link: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/52454/diamonds-are-forever-crematorium-urn-tribute-to-andy-house/
    The tribute DAF urn project has been cancelled. --Ed
    While the Urn project was cancelled, it was replaced with another idea to produce the Electro magnetic RPM Ring used in Andy's Favorite film 'Diamonds are Forever'. Information can be found in another posting. --Ed

Go to this link: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/52620/andy-house-diamonds-are-forever-tribute-rpm-ring/
  • mi6ppkmi6ppk Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    Hi Everyone
    I have the massive task of cataloguing Andy’s collection of props / posters / gadgets etc etc. They will all go up for sale and some high end items will probably have to go to auction. Will initially put them on here to offer them to genuine collectors as Andy would like that with a guide price but will ask you all to help me out trying to identify some of them as my knowledge is not as good as most of you here. So what is the best place to list them on this forum As don’t want to list them in the incorrect thread. If you are interested in any of the items or want something from his collection please contact me via this thread and I will PM you Thanks all.

Mark
  • djoudjou Posts: 72MI6 Agent
    PM

mi6ppk wrote:
    Hi Everyone
    I have the massive task of cataloguing Andy’s collection of props / posters / gadgets etc etc. They will all go up for sale and some high end items will probably have to go to auction. Will initially put them on here to offer them to genuine collectors as Andy would like that with a guide price but will ask you all to help me out trying to identify some of them as my knowledge is not as good as most of you here. So what is the best place to list them on this forum As don’t want to list them in the incorrect thread. If you are interested in any of the items or want something from his collection please contact me via this thread and I will PM you Thanks all.

Mark
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    please delete
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Mark, Just sent you a PM. --Ed
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    Rest in peace, “Dink,” Margaret Nolan. As we know, she figured prominently in the title sequence version of the Jill Masterson "golden girl" character.

This figure was released by Exclusive Premiere Toys over 20 years ago and at approximately 1/12th or dollhouse scale, the quality left much to be desired. Except for the hair (modelled after Ms. Eaton's), it was Margaret Nolan who I had in mind when I decided to make a few tweaks to this figure that included a partial face repaint and some changes to the bikini. I must confess to preferring her physical attributes over Shirley Eatons'. Sad to see another one of the Bond lovelies passing on in such a short amount of time. :(
    50462835798_c3ee6c38ab_c.jpg
    50463535296_a1ff27673e_c.jpg
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    Gadget Meisters prop collection is currently being uploaded in a separate thread on this page. Head on over to take a look before we release items for sale. Some great stuff on show and some really rare pieces coming up. Goldeneye Pitot Gun and Walthe4 WA2000 Sniper rice from The Living Daylights

Hi All

Some of Andy’s collection items are starting to appear on eBay. Once the UK’s COVID restrictions have eased from 17th May more items will appear. Most items will be under James Bond Props in Film Memorabilia or Other Props so keep an eye out. Thanks

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent

What user name are you posting them under? I cannot find them.

Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!

Username for sales on eBay is markfi007

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,150MI6 Agent

Received this neat little one, the El Scorpio room key. One of those props I somehow managed to overlook for the longest time. Sierra tells Bond not to go back to his hotel, yet Bond dangles it in hand, declaring he has unfinished business. With a nice engraving and wear effect on the brass disc, I had to have this key because it's yet another well made prop from Ed and totally not because I was hoping to walk in on Bonita in the tub.

Now, about those other PTS props...

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

Thanks, Andrew!!! Glad you like it. ---Ed

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,150MI6 Agent
    edited December 2023

Hi all, just a few things for now - some of these items either worked on or 'finished' this year. Looking forward to sharing more photos soon. Shout out to @JTM for one of these items and Merry Christmas to all.

Bond's Gillette shaving accessories from Goldfinger - it took many years to get ahold of that can... and it's not in the best condition, however it was a small goal to reunite the shaving cream with razor and mini homer. Love the shaving kits we see throughout the films, hoping to see more of that in future (complete with concealed gadgets of course...)

^A lot of rust and wear around the neck - don't think I'll attempt to restore it! Nozzle cleaned up nice though. Blue stamp on the lid, like in the movie. I'm thinking it's a price stamp?

^Description reads like a rap collab: Slim Jim featuring G-Foamy and Lil' Homie 😅

Simple plastic version. No spring yet.

Largo's cigarette case door remote. Not my build, it was made many years ago and I'm leaning towards it being a one-off. Nice build here, despite the lid being permanently fixed open.

Harold Strutter CIA wallet with genuine Felix lighter. Wallet is handed to Bond in the alley. Laminated ID card. Signature made partially from actor Lon Satton's own.

Q's explosive alarm clock. Nice example of what it would've looked like before all the paint wear. This clock is elusive, like time itself.

What projects are you guys working on? As Felix would say, "Let's talk shop."

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.