Royale Enjoying Death Review

Just got my new Royale Enjoying Death shirt in the mail today and I’ve been really looking forward to this. I was initially concerned about the sizing as the Large was listed at 46 in. After the initial try on I was very surprised that it fit like a normal large. I recommend you stick to your normal shirt size. The arms were a little baggy for my taste and could be nipped in by your tailor. Once I rolled them up it didn’t even bother me.

Overall this is another fantastic product from Dan. Can’t wait to see what’s next!

Comments

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Do you feel that the floral pattern is more structured/rigid than the Zara? It seemed like it in photos but I'm not sure.
  • blackhawks1229blackhawks1229 Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Do you feel that the floral pattern is more structured/rigid than the Zara? It seemed like it in photos but I'm not sure.

I don’t think so. The packaging is so nice that shirt doesn’t have the wrinkles at all. I’m not the greatest at the fine details. I’ll say this I can’t see the difference. It’s easily one of my favorites. I’ll try and post some pics after the first wash.
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Just got my new Royale Enjoying Death shirt in the mail today and I’ve been really looking forward to this. I was initially concerned about the sizing as the Large was listed at 46 in. After the initial try on I was very surprised that it fit like a normal large. I recommend you stick to your normal shirt size. The arms were a little baggy for my taste and could be nipped in by your tailor. Once I rolled them up it didn’t even bother me.

Overall this is another fantastic product from Dan. Can’t wait to see what’s next!

Thank you sir :)

Yes, I initially forgot to put the chest size guide up on the sizing table, but the sizing is pretty standard. The large should fit around 42 maybe 43... and with the standard few inches of room on top of that it should fit pretty normally for that chest size. The pattern itself may be a bit more structured in terms of the flower rotation, the positioning is as close as i could get to the original, vertical columns, with a small gradient up to the right. The rotation was an executive decision in order to get a repeatable pattern. Very pleased with the overall finish of these and can't wait for The Bond Experience review!!!

So glad to hear they're starting to arrive :s

All the best,

Dan
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
    Thanks for the insight, Dan!
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Have to concur great shirt Dan looks and feels the part!

As a 38 chest surprised the small was such a perfect fit :))

Cheers :007)

68796-CCB-522-B-4-F20-AE4-D-24-DF12-B94-DA5.jpg

E0743511-C3-B4-495-C-ACB3-052-EFB699-FD8.jpg
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Eager to get mine and wear it. I'm glad to see yet another great product from Dan and Royale. Way to go buddy! -{

Dan in case you read this, some members in another forum post are discussing the trucker jacket that Tom Cruise wore in MI:Fallout.

They've pretty much come to the conclusion that it was a custom jacket and were wondering if you ever would be interested in taking a crack at it? I'd definitely get one as I've also been looking for a couple years for that same jacket.

Here's where you can find the post.

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/51614/mission-impossible-6-fallout-trucker-jacket-id-help-needed/
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    If anyone UK based fancies a Large, i have a new one ready to ship. Ordered M and L and goibg with the M.
    Will do it for Retail price with postage in uk included.
    So will save you international postage abd the wait!!!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    If anyone UK based fancies a Large, i have a new one ready to ship. Ordered M and L and goibg with the M.

That's a great help—It's handy having someone with similar measurements to you! I've been stuck for a while on whether to go with the medium or large in this one. How does the medium fit on you M?
    Bond44 wrote:

Yes!!! :D Bond44 That's a killer fit man... seriously looks the business on you. So good to see, thanks for sharing, also thanks for helping with sizing feedback, data points always help me to point people in the right direction. Awesome :007)

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    Eager to get mine and wear it. I'm glad to see yet another great product from Dan and Royale. Way to go buddy! -{

Dan in case you read this, some members in another forum post are discussing the trucker jacket that Tom Cruise wore in MI:Fallout.

They've pretty much come to the conclusion that it was a custom jacket and were wondering if you ever would be interested in taking a crack at it? I'd definitely get one as I've also been looking for a couple years for that same jacket.

Here's where you can find the post.

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/51614/mission-impossible-6-fallout-trucker-jacket-id-help-needed/

Very interesting Mr. Death... Nice jacket, maybe I'll have to branch out one of these days... :))
    Bond44 wrote:

Yes!!! :D Bond44 That's a killer fit man... seriously looks the business on you. So good to see, thanks for sharing, also thanks for helping with sizing feedback, data points always help me to point people in the right direction. Awesome :007)

-{

Dan.
    Thanks Dan you did all the hard work I just put it on!

I would say it’s a little sung around the butt (not waist me 31/32in) but I leave the bottom button undone and it hangs fine (strangely DC did that in the film as well - how SA is that!)

Well done Dan great product!

• thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    If Royale was looking for new projects to do I'd humbly suggest the duster coat... :)
    JTM wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

That's a great help—It's handy having someone with similar measurements to you! I've been stuck for a while on whether to go with the medium or large in this one. How does the medium fit on you M?

Large is just too big everywhere. Ordered based on Dans picture. Id put Large as loose fit for a 42....
    Medium on way but looking at measurements i expect it to fit like a standard TF shirt ,slightly loose (ie not close / slim) but not baggy either.

• Greg137blueGreg137blue milford michiganPosts: 74MI6 Agent
    Received size medium yesterday. Very good fit. Maybe a bit long. I’m 5’ 9” 41 chest 32 waist
  • 0069ReportingForDuty0069ReportingForDuty Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Mines on the way. I'll post pics when it comes in
    Same. I'll post pics of the Zara, the Enjoying Death group project, the Magnoli, and David's. I've been trying to get this shirt right for years.
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    I'm 6ft tall, 40 chest, 31 Waist. I'm stuck guessing between a Medium and a Small. Any suggestions guys? Thanks!
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
    hcantrell wrote:
    I'm 6ft tall, 40 chest, 31 Waist. I'm stuck guessing between a Medium and a Small. Any suggestions guys? Thanks!

Medium

Received size medium yesterday. Very good fit. Maybe a bit long. I’m 5’ 9” 41 chest 32 waist

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it and it helps others out. I felt the Madagascar shirts came in a bit cropped and I was a bit paranoid about loosing length to shrinkage of the cotton... so we did give it a bit more length, just to make sure it was okay after a wash or two. Very easy alteration to take it up a bit if you need to. As it's only the second ROYALE shirt, I'm just aware that shirts are a different animal to jackets.

Love to see pics guys when you receive them, always gives me a bit of a thrill seeing it all come together for everyone.

-{

Dan.
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    These look amazing, can't wait to try it on.. What countries are you all in? Taking forever to make it to the US (23 days so far!). :(
    Received mine today and it fits as if tailored. Very high quality feel to it as well. All buttons seem very secure and no threads hanging. I'm glad I took Dan's advice (chest guide) and went up one size from my usual XL.

Another homerun Dan! Well done as always my friend. -{
  • NigelPowersNigelPowers Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Gentlemen

Recieved mine today, and a great fitting shirt. Very good quality, and a superb replica!!

Thank you Mr Love...please keep up the good work.

For those looking for the size which is deemed best suited. I am a 44in Chest, and stand at 5'10 I ordered the XL and well pleased with the result.

Anyone ordering from the U.K. It took approximately 3 weeks for it to arrive, plus I then had to pay additional Custom Charges of £26......So please keep that in mind.

NP
    edited August 2020
    Mine arrived today, and I will say after years of trying I've finally got one that fits the way it's supposed to :))

Here are comparisons pics. Set up so you can see the labels, shown under camera flash are the Zara, the Enjoying Death commissioned run, the Magnoli and the Royale.

Image-from-i-OS-4.jpg

I think Royale and the ED commission both get the collar right, and though the Royale is a bit lighter, I think the tone hews closer to what we see on screen, though it seems like a light dying could knock it closer to the Zara if desired.

Royale next to the original Zara, in indoor incandescent light:

Image-from-i-OS-3.jpg

I'll try to take some comparisons using daylight tomorrow.

A closer look at the fabric of the Royale next to the Zara.

Image-from-i-OS-5.jpg

The pattern, which I was worried about from photos, looks bang on. This shirt is out of the package, and I expect some laundering will bring the texture closer to the original. Well done, David!
    Gentlemen

Recieved mine today, and a great fitting shirt. Very good quality, and a superb replica!!

For those looking for the size which is deemed best suited. I am a 44in Chest, and stand at 5'10 I ordered the XL and well pleased with the result.

Anyone ordering from the U.K. It took approximately 3 weeks for it to arrive, plus I then had to pay additional Custom Charges of £26......So please keep that in mind.

NP

Pricepoint Im surprised you got charged
    I didnt
    Worth checking

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Gentlemen

NP

Pricepoint Im surprised you got charged
    I didnt
    Worth checking
    Hate to rub salt but I am also in UK and got no customs charge

Mine arrived today, and I will say after years of trying I've finally got one that fits the way it's supposed to :))

Here are comparisons pics. Set up so you can see the labels, shown under camera flash are the Zara, the Enjoying Death commissioned run, the Magnoli and the Royale.

Image-from-i-OS-4.jpg

I think Royale and the ED commission both get the collar right, and though the Royale is a bit lighter, I think the tone hews closer to what we see on screen, though it seems like a light dying could knock it closer to the Zara if desired.

Image-from-i-OS-3.jpg

Image-from-i-OS-5.jpg

The pattern, which I was worried about from photos, looks bang on. This shirt is out of the package, and I expect some laundering will bring the texture closer to the original. Well done, David!

Some comparison shots in natural daylight:

IMG-2359.jpg

IMG-2362.jpg
  • NigelPowersNigelPowers Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the reply gentlemen regarding custom charges

It happens everytime i purchased an item for NZ or Australia, the odd thing is I dont get charged anything i buy from the States.

But thanks again, I wil have to ask the forum next time I buy something, how do I get around it!!

NP
    The Zara and Royale look almost identical in daylight. Interesting how under artificial lighting not so much.

Image-from-i-OS-4.jpg

Image-from-i-OS-3.jpg

Image-from-i-OS-5.jpg

Some comparison shots in natural daylight:

IMG-2359.jpg

IMG-2362.jpg
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    I've got the feeling there is more space between the lines of "flowers" on the Royale than on the Zara ?:)
    A smidge more it looks, but honestly, unless you have them side by side like in the picture, would you have noticed?
    Fred007 wrote:
    I've got the feeling there is more space between the lines of "flowers" on the Royale than on the Zara ?:)