Sunspel

I just received an e-mail from Sunspel stating that they are offering up to 30% off and free shipping.

Now I need to decide if I really need that 10th Riviera Polo :s
Yes. Considerably!

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Of course you do.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Isn't it select items only?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Isn't it select items only?

Some Riviera's down to £63 and some like in Navy down to £72
    Yes. Considerably!
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    I just received an e-mail from Sunspel stating that they are offering up to 30% off and free shipping.

Now I need to decide if I really need that 10th Riviera Polo :s

You mean you don't wear all your Bond clothing at the same time like the rest of us..? :(

joey-wearing-all-of-chandlers-clothes-gif-2.gif
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    I bought a blue Sunspel Riviera from Farfetch recently as they were selling for £45. But when I received the item, I swear the polo was black. I kept it anyway but would any owners possibly be able to upload a picture in a decent light of their navy polo please?
  • SamFSamF Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    Not able to post a photo of mine at the moment but I'm sure you wouldn't mistake the navy for black even though it is indeed deep navy, especially when new.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    JB1106340 wrote:
    I bought a blue Sunspel Riviera from Farfetch recently as they were selling for £45. But when I received the item, I swear the polo was black. I kept it anyway but would any owners possibly be able to upload a picture in a decent light of their navy polo please?

Just wash it once. You'll quickly be able to tell whether it used to be blue or used to be black.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Sunspel doing another 30% off promotion -{
    Yes. Considerably!
    Coincidentally this thread happens to be here so asking this here: I own the Riviera in size S and have been using it for few years now but thought that I should size up for my next Riviera since the S feels too snug on the upper body. I'm aiming for fitted look but this is pretty much like skin tight. :)) So I decided to go for the size M thinking it would be a perfect fit since according to the product measurements in the Sunspel website it should be a little bit bigger in every direction expect for the sleeve length. Well I have now received my M, but it turns out to be a lot bigger than my current S. I already washed it once at 40 °C but no noticeable difference. After taking a few measurements from both of my polos, the ones taken from the M matched nicely the given dimensions in the website but the size S was had a chest measurement of 90 cm (96 cm in the website) and length of 63 cm (70 cm in the website). So unless some major changes has been made to the sizing, some serious shrinkage had occurred.

So my question here is, do you other Riviera owners remember if the polo kept shrinking after the first wash or do I have to head to the tailor? I remember the S being bigger when I initially got it and tested it before washing but can't remember if it only happened in the first wash. One option is also to try to wash it at 60 °C but I'd preferably avoid that.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    You’re washing them at far too high a temperature. Wash them on a cold cycle. Anything above and they will shrink. That’s what has happened with your Small. Although older made Sunspel were far more delicate than modern ones, so even cold cycles shrunk and drained colour from them. Even after just one wash they looked years old.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    I have been washing my S at 30, I think that is pretty much considered as a cold wash. But as I said, I tried to wash the M at 40 once but no noticeable difference in size just yet. Wondering here if I just should keep washing it since at the moment it certainly doesn’t feel slim at all.
  • clublosclublos Jacksonville, FLPosts: 193MI6 Agent
    Hand wash with cold water and line dry.
    Shrinking is desired here, so do you think it will shrink more when I keep washing it or should I just take it to the tailor? Any experiences from the owners?
    Actually this thread got me trying on a couple of my Riviera’s just now as they haven’t seen the light of day for some time now :# Oh to be somewhere nice right now to give them a proper outing.
    Yes. Considerably!
    Whilst out and about I managed to snag a Riviera in a local charity shop for the amazing price of..... £6 :o :p :s
    Yes. Considerably!
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    For what it is worth, I hand wash mine with very little detergent and softener. Also, when wet, this is on the tag too I believe, it says to reshape and hang dry. I have stretch mine slightly. I have a barrel chest and an Xl is snug while the body is loose so I have to make sure I don't reshape it too much in the body. Anyhow, I tend to lay it on top of the dryer when I have other garments in there so the residual heat will help dry it without shrinking it. Or sometimes when I am not washing other clothing at the same time I will hang it up and leave it in the bathroom on the shower poll to dry. Good luck.
    SamF wrote:
    Coincidentally this thread happens to be here so asking this here: I own the Riviera in size S and have been using it for few years now but thought that I should size up for my next Riviera since the S feels too snug on the upper body. I'm aiming for fitted look but this is pretty much like skin tight. :)) So I decided to go for the size M thinking it would be a perfect fit since according to the product measurements in the Sunspel website it should be a little bit bigger in every direction expect for the sleeve length. Well I have now received my M, but it turns out to be a lot bigger than my current S. I already washed it once at 40 °C but no noticeable difference. After taking a few measurements from both of my polos, the ones taken from the M matched nicely the given dimensions in the website but the size S was had a chest measurement of 90 cm (96 cm in the website) and length of 63 cm (70 cm in the website). So unless some major changes has been made to the sizing, some serious shrinkage had occurred.

So my question here is, do you other Riviera owners remember if the polo kept shrinking after the first wash or do I have to head to the tailor? I remember the S being bigger when I initially got it and tested it before washing but can't remember if it only happened in the first wash. One option is also to try to wash it at 60 °C but I'd preferably avoid that.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
    I ended up taking the shirt to tailor, taking it in from the waist and hip area. Also asked to make it a bit shorter. I always thought these were supposed to be slim fitting but the chest and waist circumferences are almost identical making the shirt rather boxy fitting. :D Still loving it!