Royale Y-3 Remake Interest Thread

JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
Hello all. So it seems that the SA Y-3 remake isn't likely to happen. Because of that, I wanted to start this thread to gage interest on who would be interested in buying a Royale Filmwear remake if Dan decides to do another one. He has stated in a different thread that he has considered, or possibly would consider, it in a limited run. This thread is not meant as a tool to try and force it to happen. It is to simply to gage interest as well as compile a list of those interested in making a purchase if he did do an updated version.

If there is another thread about this out there and I missed it please feel free to delete. I did a search and didn't find one, but may have missed it anyhow.

Thanks!
"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

Comments

• OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Interested!
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    I'm in too
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    1. JTullock23
    2. Ornithologist
    3. Noi
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    1. JTullock23
    2. Ornithologist
    3. Noi
    4. Gymkata (size Medium)
    5. Fred007
  • Agent EternalAgent Eternal Athens, GreecePosts: 157MI6 Agent
    I would love one as well. Especially if there was a slight redesign in its back. It always felt to me by looking in the Royal product photos as if it had an excess of textile there compared to the original.

Does that make me in or out of the list? :))
    I would love one as well. Especially if there was a slight redesign in its back. It always felt to me by looking in the Royal product photos as if it had an excess of textile there compared to the original.

Does that make me in or out of the list? :))

I assume you're talking about the lower back area by the waist?
    MikeG77 wrote:

Correct.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    I have a 2XL in the previous version. I'm definitely in for a new one but only if Dan can offer a 3XL. I do love my 2XL jacket but find it more than a bit narrow in the shoulders compared to his other jackets.
    Some other ideas for improvement:
    -lighter/thinner fabric, closer to the Y-3 original (which I've seen & felt in person)
    -less shiny/ more matte fabric
    -properly sewn zipper. The last version had a small issue with the zipper being slightly longer than the length of fabric it was sewn to, causing it gather in waves rather than sit flat & straight.
    MikeG77 wrote:

Correct.

It's because of the elastic in the waistband that once it stretches out the excess fabric will flatten out. I can definitely see where that would be an issue for some :#
  • saross029saross029 Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    1. JTullock23
    2. Ornithologist
    3. Noi
    4. Gymkata (size Medium)
    5. Fred007
    6. Agent Eternal
    7. saross029

Agent Eternal, I added you as it sounds like you're interested :))
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    ...Some other ideas for improvement:
    -lighter/thinner fabric, closer to the Y-3 original (which I've seen & felt in person)...

Was going to mention this. Having owned both the Y3 and Royale’s Haiti, the latter is definitely thicker all over, particularly noticeable on the collar. The thicker fabric makes the Haiti a lot stiffer than the Y3 as well, and it’s just not just “new jacket that needs breaking in” type stiff. The fabric type on the Haiti is quite similar to the Royale harrington which is certainly not the case with their Y3 and TF inspirations.

So if that could be improved that would be great!
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    For those that have mentioned the need for some adjustments, do you feel those adjustments warrant a price increase from the $180 or $199, whatever it sold for? If it did cause somewhat of a price increase would you all still want to be on the list? Just curious.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    1. JTullock23
    2. Ornithologist
    3. Noi
    4. Gymkata (size Medium)
    5. Fred007
    6. Agent Eternal
    7. saross029
    8. GS
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    JTM wrote:
    ...Some other ideas for improvement:
    -lighter/thinner fabric, closer to the Y-3 original (which I've seen & felt in person)...

Was going to mention this. Having owned both the Y3 and Royale’s Haiti, the latter is definitely thicker all over, particularly noticeable on the collar. The thicker fabric makes the Haiti a lot stiffer than the Y3 as well, and it’s just not just “new jacket that needs breaking in” type stiff. The fabric type on the Haiti is quite similar to the Royale harrington which is certainly not the case with their Y3 and TF inspirations.

So if that could be improved that would be great!

To correct all those "details" maybe Dan would need an original Y3 to compare and to copy....
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    Mark me down as interested please. I’ve been wanting this jacket for a while now.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
    saross029 wrote:
    Agent Eternal, I added you as it sounds like you're interested :))

I am. I add my size to the list as well. Maybe it helps.

1. JTullock23
    2. Ornithologist
    3. Noi
    4. Gymkata (size Medium)
    5. Fred007
    6. Agent Eternal (size Medium)
    7. saross029
    8. GS
    9. hcantrell
    I wouldn't mind paying the difference but I think I would be speaking out of turn to discuss Dan's pricing on here. I've never felt I overspent on his stuff.
    JTullock23 wrote:
    For those that have mentioned the need for some adjustments, do you feel those adjustments warrant a price increase from the $180 or $199, whatever it sold for? If it did cause somewhat of a price increase would you all still want to be on the list? Just curious.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    I second the thoughts on the stiff fabric. If Dan will re-run the Haiti in his latest thinner Harrington fabric, I'm in.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    I would be interested.
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make it seem like that is what I meant. My sincere apology. You ultimately answered my question though. Again, my apologies.
    I wouldn't mind paying the difference but I think I would be speaking out of turn to discuss Dan's pricing on here. I've never felt I overspent on his stuff.
    JTullock23 wrote:

No worries mate there's no apology necessary
    JTullock23 wrote:
    I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make it seem like that is what I meant. My sincere apology. You ultimately answered my question though. Again, my apologies.
    JTullock23 wrote:
  • 0069ReportingForDuty0069ReportingForDuty Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Interested
  • explore007explore007 Posts: 195MI6 Agent
    I'd buy one!! Been looking for years, if anyone has a Med they want to let go then message me please.
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    interested
  • Greg137blueGreg137blue milford michiganPosts: 74MI6 Agent
    I have Dans 1st version. I do like it. Medium is a good fit. I would like to see a more accurate fabric used this time if possible. I will definitely purchase a updated version. I have purchased just about all of Dans Items. And been very pleased. Keep up the good work Dan.
    1. JTullock23
    2. Ornithologist
    3. Noi
    4. Gymkata (size Medium)
    5. Fred007
    7. saross029
    8. GS
    9. hcantrell
    10. Cajun
    11. Sam Seaborn
    12. 0069ReportingForDuty
    13. explore007
    14. km1fdm
    15. Greg137blue
    16. Bond_Ambitions

I added people to the list who are either interested or would buy an updated version
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I have his 2nd version (I think) I'd buy an updated version if Dan made one. Add me to the list. -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    edited August 2020
    1. JTullock23
    2. Ornithologist
    3. Noi
    4. Gymkata (size Medium)
    5. Fred007
    7. saross029
    8. GS
    9. hcantrell
    10. Cajun
    11. Sam Seaborn
    12. 0069ReportingForDuty
    13. explore007
    14. km1fdm
    15. Greg137blue
    16. Bond_Ambitions
    17. Enjoying Death

great!
    at least 20 would nice be a number, Dan mentioned that the run will be very, very limited if he makes one at all, hope this helps to convince him
  • tardis1711tardis1711 Posts: 208MI6 Agent
    Put me down for 1 please if he does a run
  • Greg137blueGreg137blue milford michiganPosts: 74MI6 Agent
    I have his 2nd version (I think) I'd buy an updated version if Dan made one. Add me to the list. -{
    Did Dan do a second version ?. I believe he only did one.