• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    {[] +1
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    coronavirus-jokes-2.jpg

coronavirus-funny-jokes-2033-5e74c90a082b7__700.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8624033/Wisconsin-government-agency-orders-employees-wear-masks-Zoom-calls-HOME.html

"Wisconsin government agency orders employees wear masks on Zoom calls at HOME " :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Speaking of masks: today Norwegian authorities encouraged people for the first time to use masks in some situations such as in crowded buses.
    Like many I've been wearing a mask for days now. I do find it funny though
    as some people, still keep them on when driving alone in their car :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Like many I've been wearing a mask for days now. I do find it funny though
    as some people, still keep them on when driving alone in their car :D

I don’t mind that you can never be to careful :)
    It’s those who wear them inside I really worry about - that’s when you realise the human race has problems!

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    I‘ve had friends in my car today and of course, we all wore masks.

maxresdefault-1.jpg
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    :)) :)) :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    I‘ve had friends in my car today and of course, we all wore masks.

In England (different rules for other parts of the UK, but it’s probably the same) we are not supposed to share a car ride with anyone outside our ‘bubble’...in that instance a mask is a complete waste of time...
    YNWA 97
    edited August 2020
    That‘s not the case here.

I wonder, if driving lessons are still happening in the Uk though.
    Here pupil and instructor must wear masks.

Besides this, let‘s take us back to February and March.
    The assumption was that the virus is transmitted only by people with symptoms (wrong) and by coughing, sneezing and unhygenic behavior ( such as lack of hand washing etc).

We know little more but do we know all?

So, I really can‘t blame people wearing masks as often as they can - instead of some folks not wearing them when it‘s absolutely essential.

It‘s better to be safe than sorry.

Higgins wrote:
    That‘s not the case here.

I gathered that...but you are in close contact, I’m assuming for more than 10 minutes with someone...I’m guessing this is one reason why coronavirus is on the increase in Germany :# take care.
    Higgins wrote:
    I winder, if lessons are still happening in the Uk though.
    Here pupil and instructor must wear masks.

I didn’t know, so searched for the answer...and it would appear so - which would appear to be at odds with what the government are saying 8-)
    Lessons may have stopped here locally as I currently live in an area where Covid-19 cases are rising - despite the increased lockdown measures.
    YNWA 97
    I am in close contact when I am sitting next to them on a train, subway and in a restaurant as well.

I can‘t see anything wrong wearing masks in my car when I share it with them, while I agree that it would be better not sharing the car with them at all

Higgins wrote:
    I am in close contact when I am sitting next to them on a train, subway and in a restaurant as well.

I can‘t see anything wrong wearing masks in my car when I share it with them, while I agree that it would be better not sharing the car with them at all

I’m not saying there is anything wrong with wearing masks at all...although seats in trains/subway/restaurants should be spaced out by a metre at least...I’m genuinely shocked that that isn’t the case in Germany.
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    In England (different rules for other parts of the UK, but it’s probably the same) we are not supposed to share a car ride with anyone outside our ‘bubble’...in that instance a mask is a complete waste of time...

So those people I see gathering in pubs are all from the same household?
    I‘ve learnt something new today.....

Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

So those people I see in pubs are all from the same household?
    I‘ve learnt something new today.....

Do you regularly check out British pubs? :v

Same rules SHOULD apply...a minimum of a metre away and table service only following a one way system...some pubs/restaurants have been closed for not following these rules - also the owners/managers have been fined and/or sacked...
    It’s almost impossible to police though...hence the rise in coronavirus cases :#
    YNWA 97
    I think there are two reasons why Norwegian authorities have waited so long before reccomending masks are the low popuation density in the country (keeping a distance of more than one meter is twice as effective as a mask) and the low level of infection here.
    Until today the only countries in Europe where the authorities don't reccomend or order the wearing of masks are the Nordic countries and Belarus. Sweden still has a very high level of infection even though it has delined a lot lately, the other countries have a low level of infection and Belarus of course has no infection at rall :v
    edited August 2020
    Sir Miles wrote:
    .I’m genuinely shocked that that isn’t the case in Germany.

Well, we always appreciate getting advise and criticism from countries that are so better off in terms of every single number that applies to Covid 19 ;)

Seriously, there is always room to improve regulations to fight this virus and exchanging ideas and experiences it always good and productive.

Rules and limitations are necessary in those times but it‘s a fine balance as they take away rights of freedom in a free society.

However how some people consider mandatory facemasks as an act of supression can only be explained by the power of Social Media

One facial sartorial victim of the times, is my facial hair. Mask wearing doesn't
    go well with a beard, so I'm once again clean shaven, also my mask is made from
    a recycled male stripper's posing pouch, so every time I breath out, .... People think
    I'm Lying :#
    Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    .I’m genuinely shocked that that isn’t the case in Germany.

Well, we always appreciate getting advise and criticism from countries that are so better off in terms of every single number that applies to Covid 19 ;)

There was no advice and certainly no criticism ?:)

But if you want some...?... :v :D
    YNWA 97
    edited August 2020
    Just have seen Taiwan's Digital Minister Audrey Tang in an interview about Taiwan's response to Covid and the related technology as assistance.
    Incredible bright and smart person and - I could not believe it, she parted with the Vulcan Salute "Live long and prosper" - including "the hand"

How cool is that?

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    That IS cool!
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 977MI6 Agent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ECN8QKcevw

The Finnish way explained by Dutch journalist.
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    Finland has closed its borders to Norway and Germany and a couple of other countries.

tenor.gif?itemid=15118265

Well, Norway handled the first wave of Corona competently. But like so many others we opened up too early and the number of infected has gone up some - at least in some areas.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Just have seen Taiwan's Digital Minister Audrey Tang in an interview about Taiwan's response to Covid and the related technology as assistance.
    Incredible bright and smart person and - I could not believe it, she parted with the Vulcan Salute "Live long and prosper" - including "the hand"

How cool is that?

The history of that Vulcan salute is Jewish -{
    Number24 wrote:
    Finland has closed its borders to Norway and Germany and a couple of other countries.

tenor.gif?itemid=15118265

Believe me, it is just as painful to us.... :v

:)) :)) :))
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    Finlands obviously is the place to go for a Holiday, less tourists taking up those
    Hotel rooms :D
    Finlands obviously is the place to go for a Holiday, less tourists taking up those
    Hotel rooms :D

That's true, we don't even need the 'rona to have empty streets and available hotel rooms in Helsinki in the middle of the season!
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    My 85 year old parents are seeing their grandkids (school - not my kids) regularly indoors, they go to church, my father went to bavaria 10 days ago to hike and eat in restaurants. Now my mother tells me that they met friends indoor to have coffee and days later they visited 100 year old auntie in the retire home.

And my mother has no idea why I have exploded.
    She told me „ you can‘t lock us up forever“ and I‘ve replied her that this was not my decision and if she had complaints, she should tell the virus X-(

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Now we know where all your stupid comes from :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
This discussion has been closed.