501

Re: Bond 25 Director

Unknown007 wrote:

Wonder why Hodges couldn't work in conjunction with Wade & Purvis on the script instead of Hodges himself.

Because Wade & Purvis' script was recycled rubbish and his was good? ajb007/rolleyes  ajb007/lol  ajb007/martini
Seriously, I would assume Hodge being the writer that Boyle has worked with on 5 films including two of his best might have something to do with it. It wouldn't be a stretch that Boyle believes that Hodge could best transform his vision/idea into an outstanding screenplay.

Last edited by HowardB (27th May 2018 02:47)

502

Re: Bond 25 Director

That might be so, but also because the scripts have very different plots.I suspect the Purvis/Wade script isa modern version of OHMSS and the Boyle/Hodges script  isn't

503

Re: Bond 25 Director

Number24 wrote:

That might be so, but also because the scripts have very different plots.I suspect the Purvis/Wade script isa modern version of OHMSS and the Boyle/Hodges script  isn't

Why would that stop Purvis & Wade working with Hodges though  ajb007/confused

Are you saying Purvis & Wade are incapable of working on another script with a different plot? Remember they are frequently brought in to revise/polish/cock-up Bond scripts...so I’m lost as to why you think they are incapable of working on this one... ajb007/confused
Although I’d be happy if they stayed away from this one ajb007/smile

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

504

Re: Bond 25 Director

The story was that the P&W script and the D&H script were developed in parallel, competition with each other. P&W might be bought in later to fix parts of Hodge's script, but I hope not.
I would like Bond25 to be the single vision of one writer and one (writing) director.

505

Re: Bond 25 Director

Sir Miles wrote:

Purvis & Wade ... are frequently brought in to revise/polish/cock-up Bond scripts...so I’m lost as to why you think they are incapable of working on this one... ajb007/confused
Although I’d be happy if they stayed away from this one ajb007/smile

it'd be a good idea, in theory, to have someone with a job similar to Head Writer in a teevee series, to ensure a unified voice for all episodes no matter who writes the basic plot of this week's individual episode, and ensure no continuity or character errors.

Maybe Maibaum was doing this in the 1960s  and 70s? I'm not sure of his precise role in the script process for each film. Or Wilson when he was more hands-on in the 80s? They did somehow have a consistent tone from film to film for 25 years. But whoever was responsible for the final drafts of the recent scripts I would say is neither catching errors nor maintaining a unified voice with what has gone before.

506

Re: Bond 25 Director

Doesn't really matter to me...as long as it all equals a good film. Sometimes too many cooks can spoil the brew. It is possible that another writer could be brought in to do a final "polish" or that Hodge's final draft is good as is.

507

Re: Bond 25 Director

Number24 wrote:

The story was that the P&W script and the D&H script were developed in parallel, competition with each other. P&W might be bought in later to fix parts of Hodge's script, but I hope not.
I would like Bond25 to be the single vision of one writer and one (writing) director.

Where did you hear that story?

It’s also complete bunkum  ajb007/martini

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

508

Re: Bond 25 Director

The story first showed up in "Deadline" in February and has been discussing a lot in this fine forum?
Is this new to you?

509

Re: Bond 25 Director

Number24 wrote:

The story first showed up in "Deadline" in February and has been discussing a lot in this fine forum?
Is this new to you?

It’s new that someone actually believed that both scripts were being written at the same time  ajb007/lol all information in the press said that the P&W script was written BEFORE Hodge’s attempt - wasn’t this even backed up by Boyle who said Eon would go with what P&W had done if they didn’t like his and Hodge’s effort...? Or have you not been reading this ‘fine forum’...?  ajb007/confused

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

510

Re: Bond 25 Director

I think the P&W script was turned in about March 2017. Boyle and Hodge were first mentioned about a year later.  My guess is that when EON contacted P&W to re-write the Spectre script, they used their little bit of leverage to get a deal to write a script for Bond 25.

511

Re: Bond 25 Director

It's pretty obvious that EON, MGM, et preferred the Hodge script and of course that they would get Boyle with it. Hopefully their judgement is good. It doesn't mean that the P&W script was bad, just not as good in their judgement and they wouldn't get Boyle.
Pretty much a win / win for EON.

512

Re: Bond 25 Director

Gala Brand wrote:

I think the P&W script was turned in about March 2017.

P&W were in talks to write the movie in March 2017, so they wouldn’t have even started it at that point...

http://variety.com/2017/film/global/jam … 202005895/

513

Re: Bond 25 Director

https://s15.postimg.cc/ob5flwsh3/DBEG.jpg

@deanwdunlevy

514

Re: Bond 25 Director

Danny Boyle is somewhere in that picture?  ajb007/cool

515

Re: Bond 25 Director

Boyle back here filming next week. I  will have prepared and laminated my 'Eyes only ' wishlist of Bond 25 'do's' and 'donts'
Suggestions welcome but inclusion is highly subjective and mercurial (not a Democracy )

Last edited by zaphod99 (21st Jun 2018 12:59)

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

516

Re: Bond 25 Director

Back to realistic cuts and bruises

DC should have turned up at Blofelds lair battered to   Brexit

Instagram - bondclothes007

517

Re: Bond 25 Director

If they need to film a Slashing of wrists sequence for DC, after 127 hours. Danny Boyle is the best Director to
capture it.  ajb007/biggrin

“God has given you one face, and you make yourself another"

518

Re: Bond 25 Director

welshboy78 wrote:

Back to realistic cuts and bruises

DC should have turned up at Blofelds lair battered to   Brexit

Absolutely agree! I love how in every Craig Bond film prior to Spectre he gets little cuts on his face after a fight that carry over for a few scenes. like you said not having any marks or cuts after the Hinx fight is absurd. Those little details really add to the realism and danger that Bond endures.

@deanwdunlevy