451

Re: Props - No Clothes

Speaking of fabric, has anyone found success in removing felt that has been glued to a casino chip? I have some prop chips that were mounted and framed before someone cut them away from the mounting.

I thought I'd use Goo Gone to melt the felt off but no success there . . .

Thanks.

452

Re: Props - No Clothes

PoorMansJB wrote:
Alex1995 wrote:

Here a pic, found during some random search, of what I believe is a original functional prop   ajb007/bond
https://s26.postimg.cc/6e7cyi0qx/1526456501116.png

Looks like something from Blake's 7.

Looks like genuine from MN. The pic was linked to an old Propstore auction among other production pictures.

https://propstoreauction.com/view-aucti … tact-Sheet

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TMWGG
7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”

453

Re: Props - No Clothes

PoorMansJB wrote:
Alex1995 wrote:

- WIP -

I'm still looking for the correct yellow material to attach the patch to a "suit scrap".

I'm blocked for the patch weathering... Any idea about a weathering technique that would not wash the colors ?  ajb007/confused

The "yellow" fabric is really more of a dark mustard in person.
You might consider distressing the white fabric first, then printing it.

Thanks  ajb007/cheers

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TMWGG
7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”

454

Re: Props - No Clothes

Bond Collectors' Weekends wrote:

Speaking of fabric, has anyone found success in removing felt that has been glued to a casino chip? I have some prop chips that were mounted and framed before someone cut them away from the mounting.

I thought I'd use Goo Gone to melt the felt off but no success there . . .

Frankly never had much luck with Goo Gone for anything.

Try dousing with Paint Thinner/Mineral Spirits (NOT Lacquer Thinner or Pain Remover) and let sit for a bit. Should come right off though will depend on the adhesive used. Some folks can't stand the smell so you may want to work outside (don't bother with the Odorless formula; it's useless).
If that doesn't work I have an alternative which absolutely will but if there's anything printed on the surface of the chip, will almost certainly remove that, too.

455

Re: Props - No Clothes

isopropyl alcohol 99.9% pure, will remove glue  ajb007/martini

***One day at a time***

456

Re: Props - No Clothes

Thanks, chaps.

457

Re: Props - No Clothes

danjaq_0ff wrote:

isopropyl alcohol 99.9% pure, will remove glue  ajb007/martini

I generally don't use alcohol (unlike some members here ... hehe) to remove solvents; only to prep a surface and then only if I'm certain of the potential chemical interaction. For example, alcohol will literally destroy acrylic [PlexiGlass/Perspex] in seconds.

458

Re: Props - No Clothes

I agree with you PMJB, isopropyl alcohol mayn't be good on all surfaces, but it would dissolve a compact adhesive. I guess it would be down to what the chip is made of ?

***One day at a time***

459

Re: Props - No Clothes

I just finished desmond's biography and, as I was sticking my nose on the book cover to see some details of the props (was I the only one to do that ?  ajb007/biggrin ), I think that we can see the holes of the joystick switch and cable not filed up.

https://s26.postimg.cc/x8hm1hhtl/1530968537183.png

Do I see well?

https://s26.postimg.cc/gxhi582rt/1530968694209.png

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TMWGG
7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”

460

Re: Props - No Clothes

Here,for comparison, some remaining shells stored in a box in the garage with some other stuffs...
(And the first props I did couple of years ago)

https://s26.postimg.cc/bytzqpeeh/1530978817709.png
https://s26.postimg.cc/a710vni55/1530980372267.png

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TMWGG
7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”

461

Re: Props - No Clothes

Very nice  ajb007/bond  ajb007/martini

***One day at a time***

462

Re: Props - No Clothes

Thanks  ajb007/martini

It was a great prop to begin: a bit of sanding, 6 holes and a bit of paint! You don't need much experience nor tooling to produce this prop. It was very rewarding!  ajb007/bond

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TMWGG
7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”

463

Re: Props - No Clothes

GOOD JOB!!!!  --Ed

464

Re: Props - No Clothes

New prop! Hand made golden gun. All in aluminum and gold painted. What do you thinks?
https://s22.postimg.cc/io75qnsu5/3_AEA2_F1_F-_D1_E6-4_FFA-92_E8-7_E5_F645_EF297.jpg

Here is my bond collection https://www.instagram.com/luca.brignoni/

465

Re: Props - No Clothes

Nicely done Luca!  ajb007/martini

Can you take the elements apart?

Do you have some more pictures? Even if we are not RPF I always find interesting to see some ongoing pics!

I am sure that the golden paint doesn't give justice to the work done. Maybe some gold leafing?

Cool job! ajb007/cheers

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TMWGG
7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”

466

Re: Props - No Clothes

Impressive scratch-built golden gun, in metal no less!

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....

467

Re: Props - No Clothes

Alex1995 wrote:

Nicely done Luca!  ajb007/martini

Can you take the elements apart?

Do you have some more pictures? Even if we are not RPF I always find interesting to see some ongoing pics!

I am sure that the golden paint doesn't give justice to the work done. Maybe some gold leafing?

Cool job! ajb007/cheers

Thanks !

No unfortunately for this one I can’t take the elements apart...
Sorry no on going pics.  And yes Golden paint is not the better option for it, but gold leafing would be good

Here is my bond collection https://www.instagram.com/luca.brignoni/

468

Re: Props - No Clothes

Interesting video about Gyrojet rocket gun

https://youtu.be/cJAXpyt8-oQ

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TMWGG
7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”

469

Re: Props - No Clothes

Tato007 wrote:
Alex1995 wrote:

Nicely done Luca!  ajb007/martini

Can you take the elements apart?

Do you have some more pictures? Even if we are not RPF I always find interesting to see some ongoing pics!

I am sure that the golden paint doesn't give justice to the work done. Maybe some gold leafing?

Cool job! ajb007/cheers

Thanks !

No unfortunately for this one I can’t take the elements apart...
Sorry no on going pics.  And yes Golden paint is not the better option for it, but gold leafing would be good

It'll be difficult to plate aluminium. You might be better off anodising it, but to be honest the best option would be to leave it as is.

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

470

Re: Props - No Clothes

“A man comes ...... He has purpose ....... He will oppose .... He brings violence and destruction.”

https://s20.postimg.cc/83e5zqbml/LALD.jpg

One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.

471

Re: Props - No Clothes

Beautiful work as always Sir Acacia of much Printing & Design Greatness!  ajb007/martini

472

Re: Props - No Clothes

Fabulous work, AA ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

I’m just sitting here watching the wheels go round

473

Re: Props - No Clothes

What an amazing set!!!!!   PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   -Ed

474

Re: Props - No Clothes

Wow!  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

475

Re: Props - No Clothes

Love it!!!!
Are you making any more...??