2,201

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

007.com just released another TV spot, the NBA All-Star Game TV Spot aka Are you ready? spot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI13bxfdrMc

New scenes are;

https://i.postimg.cc/v1gCynzV/1.jpg

So now we see that the earlier on-set pic from the stunt men was one end of the 'algae farm' chamber we saw in the 4 Dec. trailer and Bond is giving Safin's goons hell.

https://i.postimg.cc/B8rknvYw/2.jpg

Bond getting blown off his feet by said Safin goons I guess.

https://i.postimg.cc/MfxL1F87/3.jpg

Bond meets Paloma in Havana.

https://i.postimg.cc/0r0khgrq/4.jpg

This is either M sending Nomi to Jamaica or telling the scooby gang mk2 that Nomi is going to Safin's island with Bond.

https://i.postimg.cc/CdgMvMhN/5.jpg

Bond's not doing too well, blown up again in a stairwell.

https://i.postimg.cc/QH6Xxpp4/6.jpg

Ah, there's that Skyfall face replacement tech working again.  ajb007/lol

2,202

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Felix Leiter may die in NTTD.

When I posted the images yesterday from the NBA All-Stars/Are you ready? TV spot (https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/970247/#p970247) I assumed the individual you can see between Bond's legs (https://postimg.cc/B8rknvYw) was a Safin goon in Safin's lair as the TV spot shows other clips of the lair battle. I thought Bond was in his Henley/tactical trousers outfit.

But, @springhousese has speculated in a tweet (https://twitter.com/springhousese/statu … 88353?s=20) that it is Felix. Here is its image of Leiter on the floor between Bond's legs as Bond is blown off his feet.
https://i.postimg.cc/PN7GFHnJ/1.jpg

Respondees to the tweet suggest that it is Bond and Felix on-board the boat we see blow up as the seaplane flies over it. I'd assumed that Bond would be on the plane. Now I notice the collar on Bond's top. And them being on a bombed boat trying to escape Cuba makes more sense out of this image from the Super Bowl TV spot where an underwater Bond, in the same clothing, looks concerned/surprised at what he is looking at, a dead Leiter or Paloma I'd imagine.
https://i.postimg.cc/8s4QdvtR/4.jpg

Bond is wearing a white shirt and suspenders. We know he wears the tuxedo so at some point he must lose the bow-tie and dinner jacket.

I think this image shows clearly it is Leiter and he is either shot or injured from shrapnel.
https://i.postimg.cc/FYtZ7W3D/3.jpg

I wonder if Nomi, who we now know is a pilot, is flying the kidnapped scientist Valdo Obruchev out of Cuba in the seaplane while Bond, Leiter and Paloma are fighting off Spectre gunmen? If from Nomi's point of view none of them escape Cuba this would explain Q's comment about Bond not being dead; and he's not referring to Matera.

Last edited by Someone (16th Feb 2020 11:01)

2,203

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Going frame by frame, that's Felix for sure. He's injured in the stomach and falls flat from the blast. I'd like to think he survives by the skin of his teeth, and after what he and Bond go through, their friendship becomes stronger than ever.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

2,204

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Quentin Quigley wrote:

Going frame by frame, that's Felix for sure. He's injured in the stomach and falls flat from the blast. I'd like to think he survives by the skin of his teeth, and after what he and Bond go through, their friendship becomes stronger than ever.

Is it LTK again? I think Leiter does die and his death solves a mystery around Bond's motivation and why he chooses to go to London after Cuba. I think Leiter's death also matches with the Being James Bond podcast's theory that NTTD is going to be very emotionally disturbing.

2,205

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

To me, Bond’s look underwater is a callback to the Venice scene of Casino Royale — when Vesper dies underwater. In NTTD, Bond will probably go through events that will remind him of the traumas of the last four films.

Someone wrote:

Felix Leiter may die in NTTD.

When I posted the images yesterday from the NBA All-Stars/Are you ready? TV spot (https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/970247/#p970247) I assumed the individual you can see between Bond's legs (https://postimg.cc/B8rknvYw) was a Safin goon in Safin's lair as the TV spot shows other clips of the lair battle. I thought Bond was in his Henley/tactical trousers outfit.

But, @springhousese has speculated in a tweet (https://twitter.com/springhousese/statu … 88353?s=20) that it is Felix. Here is its image of Leiter on the floor between Bond's legs as Bond is blown off his feet.
https://i.postimg.cc/PN7GFHnJ/1.jpg

Respondees to the tweet suggest that it is Bond and Felix on-board the boat we see blow up as the seaplane flies over it. I'd assumed that Bond would be on the plane. Now I notice the collar on Bond's top. And them being on a bombed boat trying to escape Cuba makes more sense out of this image from the Super Bowl TV spot where an underwater Bond, in the same clothing, looks concerned/surprised at what he is looking at, a dead Leiter or Paloma I'd imagine.
https://i.postimg.cc/8s4QdvtR/4.jpg

Bond is wearing a white shirt and suspenders. We know he wears the tuxedo so at some point he must lose the bow-tie and dinner jacket.

I think this image shows clearly it is Leiter and he is either shot or injured from shrapnel.
https://i.postimg.cc/FYtZ7W3D/3.jpg

I wonder if Nomi, who we now know is a pilot, is flying the kidnapped scientist Valdo Obruchev out of Cuba in the seaplane while Bond, Leiter and Paloma are fighting off Spectre gunmen? If from Nomi's point of view none of them escape Cuba this would explain Q's comment about Bond not being dead; and he's not referring to Matera.

2,206

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Land Rover has a new 1 minute video of its work on the chase sequence using its Defender model with a shorter 30 second version embedded in a tweet.
https://twitter.com/LandRover/status/12 … 85760?s=20

https://www.landrover.com/james-bond-film/index.html

The 1min film begins with a clapperboard with the scene number 194K, which would be about 2h 15 minutes into a film. It could be about where the Vantage/beige SUV/Defender chase scene occurs. The clapperboard's date is 11 October 2019 (11/10/19 - UK date system, day, month, year) and we know principal photography ended on 25 October 2019.

2,207

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Seeing the new film being listed as 1 hour, 53 minutes now.

https://twitter.com/jamesbondlive/statu … 66496?s=21

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

2,208

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Gymkata wrote:

Seeing the new film being listed as 1 hour, 53 minutes now.

https://twitter.com/jamesbondlive/statu … 66496?s=21

That's fine by me to be honest, considering that CR, SF, and SP were super long, and QOS was too short, it's about time we got an "average length" Craig film

1 - Lald, 2 - Ltk, 3 - Avtak, 4 - Op, 5 - Dn, 6 - Fyeo, 7 - Tswlm, 8 - Daf, 9 - Sf, 10 - Ohmss, 11 - Yolt, 12 - Ge, 13 - Tld, 14 - Mr, 15 - Gf, 16 - Tb, 17 - Tmwtgg, 18 - Sp, 19 - Tnd, 20 - Dad, 21 - Twine, 22 - Frwl, 23 - Cr, 24 - Qos

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

2,209

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Jarvio wrote:
Gymkata wrote:

Seeing the new film being listed as 1 hour, 53 minutes now.

https://twitter.com/jamesbondlive/statu … 66496?s=21

That's fine by me to be honest, considering that CR, SF, and SP were super long, and QOS was too short, it's about time we got an "average length" Craig film

We have multiple run times now being shown on cinema websites, I think they're all just holding text, placed there to fill the webpage gap. Based on the known clapperboard scene numbers it is more likely NTTD is more than 2h 30mins. The known scene numbers go up to 253, while a 1h 53min movie would only have about 160 scenes. They would have to scrap more than 90 scenes and at least 37 minutes of footage, which in a film that normally costs more than $200 million for about a 2h 20min run time, is going to be a huge waste of money, for NTTD to be only 1h 53min long. Quantum had a run time under 2h and that did not serve it well.

2,210

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

maybe a mistake? 1H 53 Min = 153 Min total

2,211

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Yeah, I suspect that they meant 153 minutes as well.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

2,212

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Amazed that after the boring bloated Spectre people would prefer 153 minutes over 1 hour and 53 minutes. It's much more reasonable.

Maybe Fukunaga just has shorter scenes. The DB5 chase alone takes up 20 scenes or 10% of the movie, but a chase is not likely to last more than 5-7 minutes. If you look at the pre-title sequence, that takes up 50 scenes or 20% of the movie, and if it beats TWINE for longest pre-title sequence, it shouldn't be much longer than 20 minutes. You want Felix to give Bond his mission by the 35 minute mark at the latest. Cuba could run from 30-75 minutes, London from 75-85, a 25 minute finale in russia.

Last edited by Shatterfang (18th Feb 2020 16:19)

2,213

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

ajb007/lol  https://twitter.com/QueenKisss/status/1 … 60/photo/1

2,214

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Shatterfang wrote:

Amazed that after the boring bloated Spectre people would prefer 153 minutes over 1 hour and 53 minutes. It's much more reasonable.

Maybe Fukunaga just has shorter scenes. The DB5 chase alone takes up 20 scenes or 10% of the movie, but a chase is not likely to last more than 5-7 minutes. If you look at the pre-title sequence, that takes up 50 scenes or 20% of the movie, and if it beats TWINE for longest pre-title sequence, it shouldn't be much longer than 20 minutes. You want Felix to give Bond his mission by the 35 minute mark at the latest. Cuba could run from 30-75 minutes, London from 75-85, a 25 minute finale in russia.

As long as there's enough content to justify the nearly 3 hour runtime, I'm fine with it.  As long as it's all paced right to keep the story moving and engaging, I'm fine with it.  If it's all bloat for the sake of 'let's make something epic', then I'll be agry...and asleep.

It's not a question of length either.  SPECTRE was a slog because what was presented (apart from the PTS and the train fight) simply lacked oomph.  QOS, one of the shortest Bond films, was also a slog because it was so tightly framed and edited that you could barely follow what was going on at any time and the plotting itself was under-developed.  Neither film engaged.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

2,215

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

The 113 rumor is the first time I was interested in seeing it. I'm not gonna see a 3 hour version because I know for a fact it would just be more subplot to give the scooby gang something to do because they are trying to be Avengers.

Anyway what do you think about my scene breakdown of the Pre-title sequence? Its not gonna be 20% of the movie even though it makes up 20% of the scenes. So if the scenes are shorter than average then it shouldn't be 3 hours. Do you agree?

Last edited by Shatterfang (18th Feb 2020 18:10)

2,216

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Shatterfang wrote:

The 113 rumor is the first time I was interested in seeing it. I'm not gonna see a 3 hour version because I know for a fact it would just be more subplot to give the scooby gang something to do because they are trying to be Avengers.

Anyway what do you think about my scene breakdown of the Pre-title sequence? Its not gonna be 20% of the movie even though it makes up 20% of the scenes. So if the scenes are shorter than average then it shouldn't be 3 hours. Do you agree?

Why do you say the PTS is 20% of the scenes? We know they filmed 253 scenes for NTTD and 20% of that is 50.6 scenes. Skyfall's PTS was about 18 scenes long. In Skyfall, scene VX18A is the high bridge Bond falls from and this occurs just before the 12 minute mark. That is 40 seconds per scene.

The average PTS length for all Bond films is 7 minutes. I explained that here; https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/941338/#p941338

In NTTD, we know they get to Matera in scene 16 because of unofficial photos of clapperboards so the PTS is scenes 1-15, only 6% of the scenes. I don't believe Matera is in the PTS because the chase's scenes go up to 37C and that could be 24 minutes into the film with 40 seconds per scene. Yes they had a 15 minute PTS for TWINE, but 26 minutes???

2,217

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

https://etcanada.com/news/594457/ana-de … -the-past/

Craig: "This is a movie where there’s a lot of s**t going on..." whatever that means...

and as already assumed DC confirms that Ana de Armas part is not huge

2,218

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Noi wrote:

https://etcanada.com/news/594457/ana-de … -the-past/

Craig: "This is a movie where there’s a lot of s**t going on..." whatever that means...

and as already assumed DC confirms that Ana de Armas part is not huge

well that is simply not acceptable.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

2,219

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

So, Spectre had 7 TV spots including a 1min long one. We have had three NTTD spots so far, when can we expect the next four TV Spots?

Everything changes (Super Bowl) was released on Sunday 2 February.

This is it (Oscars) was released Monday 10 February.

Are you ready? (NBA All-Star Game) was released on Friday 15 February.

Clearly all three TV spots were associated with US entertainment, sports events, but they are also being released about a week apart.

There are seven weeks between Friday 15 February and Friday 4 April.

Assuming we get a final trailer (which previously have been released just over three weeks before the film; Friday 2 October for Skyfall's final 1min 10sec trailer - the film came out in the UK on 26 October) it could drop on Friday 6 March.

Of the four remaining TV spots, we could have 2 before the final trailer, on or around Fridays 21st and 28th Feb. Then after the 6 March final trailer, the remaining 2 spots could be dropped over three weekends, but maybe following the final trailer, they'll skip Friday 13th March and go for 20th and 27th March.

Does anyone know of any big sport or entertainment events that might be worthy of a TV spot between now and 2 April?

2,220

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Someone wrote:

So, Spectre had 7 TV spots including a 1min long one. We have had three NTTD spots so far, when can we expect the next four TV Spots?

Everything changes (Super Bowl) was released on Sunday 2 February.

This is it (Oscars) was released Monday 10 February.

Are you ready? (NBA All-Star Game) was released on Friday 15 February.

Clearly all three TV spots were associated with US entertainment, sports events, but they are also being released about a week apart.

There are seven weeks between Friday 15 February and Friday 4 April.

Assuming we get a final trailer (which previously have been released just over three weeks before the film; Friday 2 October for Skyfall's final 1min 10sec trailer - the film came out in the UK on 26 October) it could drop on Friday 6 March.

Of the four remaining TV spots, we could have 2 before the final trailer, on or around Fridays 21st and 28th Feb. Then after the 6 March final trailer, the remaining 2 spots could be dropped over three weekends, but maybe following the final trailer, they'll skip Friday 13th March and go for 20th and 27th March.

Does anyone know of any big sport or entertainment events that might be worthy of a TV spot between now and 2 April?

They just had the Daytona 500 (auto racing) this past weekend. They'll have races almost every weekend through the summer.
Major League Baseball opening Day which is Thursday, March 26th.
College Basketball has its Championship tournament starting around March 17th. With the final game Championship game on Monday April 6th.
Can't think of any other events right now.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

2,221

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Someone wrote:

Why do you say the PTS is 20% of the scenes? We know they filmed 253 scenes for NTTD and 20% of that is 50.6 scenes. Skyfall's PTS was about 18 scenes long. In Skyfall, scene VX18A is the high bridge Bond falls from and this occurs just before the 12 minute mark. That is 40 seconds per scene.

From the clapperboards, the DB5 chase occurs at scene 54. The 40 second average doesn't apply. 40x54= 36 minutes which is impossible. The longest PTS is TWINE at 14 minutes.

Last edited by Shatterfang (19th Feb 2020 18:51)

2,222

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Shatterfang wrote:
Someone wrote:

Why do you say the PTS is 20% of the scenes? We know they filmed 253 scenes for NTTD and 20% of that is 50.6 scenes. Skyfall's PTS was about 18 scenes long. In Skyfall, scene VX18A is the high bridge Bond falls from and this occurs just before the 12 minute mark. That is 40 seconds per scene.

From the clapperboards, the DB5 chase occurs at scene 54. The 40 second average doesn't apply. 40x54= 36 minutes which is impossible. The longest PTS is TWINE at 14 minutes.

Yes, part of the DB5 chase is at scene 54, as seen in this post with a clapperboard picture.
https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/957239/#p957239

Are you suggesting the average scene length is far shorter? Short enough for scene 54, which is not the end of the DB5 chase, to be part of a sequence that is less 14 minutes long? If scene 54 was the final DB5 chase scene it would mean scenes 1-54 would average 15 seconds each. But 54 is not the final scene so the average scene length would be less than 15, maybe 10 seconds. That seems far too short to me.

I give examples of how I calculate the 40-42 second scene average in this post.
https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/959128/#p959128

And here are screen grabs of pages from the Casino Royale (2006) script and the SPECTRE script, which show that in both cases the main titles come after scene 12. Yes, 12.
https://i.postimg.cc/qzcNxK8C/cr.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/v4Tkrpjg/SP.jpg

2,223

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Norwegian newspaper VG interviewed Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson back when there were only two days of filming left, but for some reason the interview wasn't published until today. "These scenes [the ones filmed in Norway] are very important and make up the first part of the tranditional opening sequence that lasts twenty minutes" says Wilson. the article also says aditional filming was made in the Østmarka forrest near Oslo in June around the time they were filming on the Atlantic Sea Road, in other words during the summer. I think Lutvann where the underwater scenes were done is in Østmarka, but Nittedal (the cabin) isn't. "Since the story takes place in Norway it was natural to film there" says Broccoli. "I can assure you Norway will look fantastic. Swedish cinematographer Linus Sandgren has created an extremely great look and a visual palette."
Wilson also says all the scenes filmed in Norway were filmed with IMAX cameras.

The production worried the cabin they buildt in Nittedal would sink, probably because it was in a bog area.
The article also has a new photo of Bond in a tricky situation
https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/Wb1Oa … e-de-norge

Last edited by Number24 (19th Feb 2020 22:13)

2,224

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Number24 wrote:

Norwegian newspaper VG interviewed Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson back when there were only two days of filming left, but for some reason the interview wasn't published until today. "These scenes [the ones filmed in Norway] are very important and make up the first part of the tranditional opening sequence that lasts twenty minutes" says Wilson. the article also says aditional filming was made in the Østmarka forrest near Oslo in June around the time they were filming on the Atlantic Sea Road, in other words during the summer. I think Lutvann where the underwater scenes were done is in Østmarka, but Nittedal (the cabin) isn't. "Since the story takes place in Norway it was natural to film there" says Broccoli. "I can assure you Norway will look fantastic. Swedish cinematographer Linus Sandgren has created an extremely great look and a visual palette."
Wilson also says all the scenes filmed in Norway were filmed with IMAX cameras.

The production worried the cabin they buildt in Nittedal would sink, probably because it was in a bog area.
The article also has a new photo of Bond that is very interesting:
https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/Wb1Oa … e-de-norge

Wow. Nice to have confirmation that Norway will be Norway in the movie. Twenty minutes could include the titles themselves. The PTS is not traditionally 20 minutes long. Wilson seems to get things wrong lately, with his now infamous 'tradition of not releasing the title' comment during the start of filming Jamaica live stream.

2,225

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

I suspected the cabin and frozen lake scenes would be set in a unnamed place, so it's nice to be wrong on that one. I still think the Atlantic Sea Road scenes won't be set in Norway. The info about filming in Østmarka in June is interesting. I guess it will be cut together with scenes shot in Scotland.