the Third Man-Bond connection

TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
After watching the film noir classic The Third Man I noticed several interesting Bond-TTM connections:

Guy Hamilton was the assistant editor on TTM and later directed Goldfinger and other Bond films.

John Glen, though I was unable to find him in the credits, started off in the film industry on TTM according to the Inside TLD documentary on the TLD DVD and later edited and directed many Bond films.

Bernard Lee appears as Sgt. Paine in TTM and as M for the Bond films Dr. No through Moonraker.

In TLD there's the "Balloon, mein herr?" homage by the Prater Park Ferris wheel.

John Barry's score to the Bondish spy thriller the Ipcress File, which was scored the same year as Thunderball, was influenced by Anton Karas's zither music to TTM.

Am I missing any other connections?
Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.

Comments

• The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    - Orson Welles as Harry Lime and Le Chiffre

The following people appear in minor roles

- Robert Brown
    - Geoffrey Keen
    - Eric Pohlman
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,654MI6 Agent
    ...and the featuring of that famous Vienna ferris-wheel in TTM and TLD, though not famous enough for me to remember.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,654MI6 Agent
    edited November 2004
    Now it's my turn to not read someone else's post carefully, the ferris wheel has been mentioned! ...Lady Rose... :))
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    Quoting The Cat:
    - Orson Welles as Harry Lime and Le Chiffre

The following people appear in minor roles

- Robert Brown
    - Geoffrey Keen
    - Eric Pohlman

Wait, those three actors appear somwhere in TTM? I must've missed all of them, because I don't remember seeing them anywhere.
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Well... they're quite in the backround. Pohlman for instance is a waiter as far as I can remember.
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    I'm reading Roger Moore's autobiography at the moment. Reference was made to a show called The Third Man and I wondered if it had anything to do with the film. Well, yes it does and I'm delighted to see there are a few episodes on Youtube. Michael Rennie plays Harry Lime. I've watched a couple of episodes and it's pretty good.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ViUaBHolld8

I had no idea this show existed. Cheers Sir Roger.