007 Ultimate Edition DVD Case Revealed...

QwertyQwerty New York, USAPosts: 73MI6 Agent
http://commanderbond.net/index.php?action=Story&SID=3191

I wonder if that is the final cover artwork...
~ Nobody Knows Me Like You Know Me ~

Comments

• I never missI never miss EnglandPosts: 47MI6 Agent
    Well, it all looks good to me.
    Looking closely, I can see that GE and DAF have 2 discs now (along with DAD of course). TLD appears to only be one disc.

Love the carrying case - shame its £299!
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Well, it all looks good to me.
    Looking closely, I can see that GE and DAF have 2 discs now (along with DAD of course). TLD appears to only be one disc.

It is impossible to tell from the picture - if TLD has the '2 Disk Set' line then we can't see it because of the GE DVD on top of it.

It sounds like they may all be 2-diskers, which sounds brilliant. I wonder whether the inside snap-case DVD's will contain the same cover art as their Cardboard sleeves.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Can't say I'm for the whole suitcase thing. Where is anyone going to put it? It won't fit in a DVD cabinet!
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    The previous metal box was much more stylish IMO. This one looks like a cheap "My First Chemistry Set" case. Other than that it looks stunning and I REALLY hope everything gets the two disc treatment.
  • steelydan3steelydan3 Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    The Cat wrote:
    The previous metal box was much more stylish IMO. This one looks like a cheap "My First Chemistry Set" case. Other than that it looks stunning and I REALLY hope everything gets the two disc treatment.

I thought the case looked a bit cheap too. I won't be splashing out on the full set though to replace my old one. I got the last 10 DVDs I needed to complete my collection and the box for my 18th birthday nearly 2 years ago now, so wouldn't sell them, because of the sentimental reasons! However, I probably will end up buying my favourite films if they are given the two disc treatment and if there's enough new material to justify it.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited April 2006
    I think it looks awesome. I only have 7 films on DVD but that would be really great. I just have a few questions: Does it come with all of the DVD's and will it ever be available in Australia?
    Thanks. Wow, it looks really great! :007)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • MBE_MBE_ USAPosts: 266MI6 Agent
    I wonder what extras they're going to add to the DVDs that don't get the new Roger Moore commentary. Or are they just dividing the movies and video extras for better video quality? Better video quality in what already looks excellent to my eyes isn't enough. Now, if they added any substantive deleted scenes (or even substantive bloopers) I'd be more prone to double up on some of my DVDs. Heck just the missing Hot Springs scene in DAD would get my dough. ;)

MBE
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    From the list that contains the stuff that was sent in for the BBFC to rate, I'm really divided on the proposed extras. Some of them are gems - such as an 1971 Sean Connery interview, Ken Adam's production film from the volcano set and the 1973 LALD documentary from which most of the new documentary was spliced together. There are som mysteryous things from which I know nothing about such as the title labeled "Roger Moore As James Bond - 1964" or downlight silliness like various TB promotional items. But on the other had, there are many extra features which stun me as what they could be, such as the "Exotic Locations" and "Bond Girls" montage, which run between 3 and 5 minutes, but I have a hinch that these shorts won't be the reason for a new investment.
  • cosmo_kramercosmo_kramer Duluth, MinnesotaPosts: 24MI6 Agent
    So you're saying there's going to be a bigger incentive?
    edited April 2006
    So you're saying there's going to be a bigger incentive?

One would hope so, the 'Exotic Locations' montages sound incredibly pointless, and I wouldn't fork out nearly £300 just for improved picture, especially without having a high-def TV.

But on the topic of the case, I quite like it - it would look very nice standing (I notice the stumps for standing it up), open or closed, on the empty part of my desk. Something like this deserves to be noticed :D
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    edited April 2006
    I've have the 007 Special Edition Collection from back in 2002, and although I like the look of the new Ultimate Edition - I'm still undecided on whether it's really worth me forking out nearly £300 for this collection.
    Does anyone have any advice? Is the new collection worth the money - Is it worth buying considering I already have the 007 Special Edition? Or will there be another collection in a few years time more worthy of waiting for?
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
    I've have the 007 Special Edition Collection from back in 2002, and although I like the look of the new Ultimate Edition - I'm still undecided on whether it's really worth me forking out nearly £300 for this collection.
    Does anyone have any advice? Is the new collection worth the money - Is it worth buying considering I already have the 007 Special Edition? Or will there be another collection in a few years time more worthy of waiting for?

I'm in exactly the same shoes. If I am eventually tempted into buying the new set, then I will no doubt sell the 2002 editions. I have seen them going used on Amazon for £165, so that would definitely contribute to the investment.
  • bond2002bond2002 UKPosts: 55MI6 Agent
    i am gonna get it eventually as i only 3 bond films on dvd and the complete set on vhs
  • Pierce_BrosnanPierce_Brosnan Posts: 329MI6 Agent
    I will buy me that!
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    I'm debating whether I should sell my 2002 editions. Does anyone know if the new DVDs will, besides having more features, retain the features from the old DVDs?

The set looks great!
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • FatsnbulFatsnbul Prospect, KentuckyPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    Will there be Blu-ray and HD-Dvd releases at the same time as well?
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    edited April 2006
    I was looking over the new ulitmate editions of the movies today and found a pretty little picture. http://commanderbond.net/resources/sections/news/images/ultimatedvd/bondcase9ng.jpg

I saw on the DAD box that it was a double edition disc. Okay, thats normal. I was then pretty sure I saw the same "2 disc DVD set" on GoldenEye, and perhaps also Diamonds are forever too! Does anyone know if they are 2 disc sets?
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited April 2006
    If it does come to Australia, I might ask my family for tha one gift. All the DVDs and in that case, it would be awesome!!
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Dj TyroneDj Tyrone Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi, ya they'll be 2 discs-set, if u understand french u can read this. http://www.dvdrama.com/news.php?15100