In Dr. No, what does Bond's driver say before he kills himself?

tdb41tdb41 Atlanta, GAPosts: 23MI6 Agent
Just before the driver kills himself with the cyanide cigarettes, what does he say to Bond? I couldn't make it out.

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I think he just makes a lot of grunts and gurgling noises. Clearly, he wouldn't want to say anything to Bond (beyond an impolite "up yours!") if he'd rather kill himself than talk.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    If you turn on the subtitles, he says: "To hell with you!"
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • ATPrescottATPrescott Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:
    If you turn on the subtitles, he says: "To hell with you!"

Isn't that line rather clear enough to hear. "To hell with you." Sound not loud enough? :D
  • MrsDallowayMrsDalloway Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Now, now, Mr Prescott...

Messer's Hardyboy and Tee Hee can't help it if they're hard of hearing. Didn't your mother ever tell you it was impolite to make fun of the elderly.
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    I have never been able to understand what he was saying; thanks for clearing that up!
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Now, now, Mr Prescott...

Messer's Hardyboy and Tee Hee can't help it if they're hard of hearing. Didn't your mother ever tell you it was impolite to make fun of the elderly.

God help us if 19 is old! :o

However, Hardy might qualify on that score! {:) :))

Only kidding! Anyway, it's not that I am hard of hearing. I just had a hard time making out Mr. Jones muffled last dying words. Thank you subtitles!
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Well, Tee Hee, I'm old enough to be your father (but not your grandfather!), but I don't think it was a hearing problem on my side, either. Don't forget that these subtitles were added long after the movie was made. As far as we know, the guy who wrote the subtitles for Dr. No just needed to fill space!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Don't forget that these subtitles were added long after the movie was made. As far as we know, the guy who wrote the subtitles for Dr. No just needed to fill space!

Indeed; don't the subtitles on the same film have M saying MI6 in the briefing when he quite clearly says MI7? Could be a little editorializing going on there!
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Thanks for making this thread tdb41. I've always wondered this myself.