Re: James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

yeh i kno that, but you can jst order them from your newsagents. so i might do that.

AS ANYONE RECIEVED ISSUES 8 & 9 YET!!!!!!
ive been expecting them for a week now.

Hi Guys I'm the new guy. I have been collecting these cars and issues since it started. I started complaining to them after I took delivery of the cars with slightly cracked cases. They do replace them so now I have 2 sets. I really didn't want to spend that kind of money on the set but I think they may be worth something in the future how much do you think the full set can be worth???

I picked up the Lotus last week and again, excellent value. I've got an autographed picture of Roger Moore sitting on the bonnet of the lotus from FYEO so they sit neatly together.

I wasn't aware that the shops would stop stocking after 8 or 9. I didn't subscribe because of the issues that so many people here have experienced (delays, breakages etc) so I'll be annoyed if I now have to subscribe (unless I can do it through WH Smiths).

Does anyone know definitively if this is the case?

To be honest. The waiting doesn't really matter as long as I get them in a reasonable amount of time. I think the breakages issue has been resolved with them changing the packaging.

I'm sure WHSmith would order them for you.

I SPOKE TO A LOVELY GIRL AT BONDCARS.COM , WHO APOLOGISED OVER AND OVER AGAIN ABOUT THE DELAY AND SAID WE SHOULD ALL OF RECEIVED THEM BY THIS WEEKEND.

i hope so, otherwise ill be phoning them myself. its not just 8 and 9, i still havent recieved my back issues of 4 and 5. which i paid for on april 2nd. you cant tell me that it takes a month to deliver.
any way, i opened this thread to praise the collection so will u guys please give me your thoughts on the collection and let me know which cars you would most like to see in this collection. i hope we get the mondeo in a special issue or something, because it isnt currently scheduled.

i recieved 8 and 9 this morning, excellent as always, but i didnt get the free gift, and i still aint recieved 4 and 5. anyone else recieved 8 and 9 yet?

Yep. I received 8 and 9 this morning as well.

me too, 8 & 9 arrived safely

Recieved my issues 8 and 9 this morning.
The Lotus is lovely - a fantastic model
The GoldenEye BMW looks rather pathetic, the figures are poor and for some reason my car has no licence plates!?

Nobody Writes Threads Better.

SeanConnery007 wrote:

The GoldenEye BMW looks rather pathetic, the figures are poor and for some reason my car has no licence plates!?

Mine has a rear plate but no front.

I collected my copies of 8 and 9 from the Post Office this morning. They were in a nice cardboard box again and cars and mags were all in pristine condition! Very pleased!

SeanConnery007 wrote:

I got both of these models yesterday - my first since subscribing - and I must say that although I agree with you on the Lotus - great detail - especially the Goodyear tyres - I beg to differ on the Z3 Model.

The figures don't look that bad - you probably just notice them a bit more because the car is a convertable. Also if you have a look at stills from the film, or indeed the film itself you will see that there is no front licence plate on the car when Bond is driving it.

For example have a look at the stills on:
http://www.bmwworld.com/media/bond/goldeneye.htm

As for the rear of the car I'm sure that you can see a licence plate on the rear of the car when Wade speeds off it it - but I can't say for certain as It's been ages since I've seen Goldeneye.

BOND MISCELLANY
www.bondmisc.weebly.com
MIS-CEL-LA-NY - A collection of various items, parts or ingredients, especially composed of diverse literary works.

Aston Martin DBS wrote:
SeanConnery007 wrote:

Also if you have a look at stills from the film, or indeed the film itself you will see that there is no front licence plate on the car when Bond is driving it.

As for the rear of the car I'm sure that you can see a licence plate on the rear of the car when Wade speeds off it it - but I can't say for certain as It's been ages since I've seen Goldeneye.

You're absolutely right, there is no front licence plate, and having opened the case and fully inspected this model, there is a licence plate on the rear of the car it was just obscured by the case and diorama backboard.

Nobody Writes Threads Better.

Picked up the F355 Ferrari from Goldeneye on Wednesday - this is issue 10 and according to my local WHSmith, it is the last one available in the shop. It's possible to do a subscription through them or your local newsagent so act now if you don't want to miss out!

Having seen the pictures of the Ferrari, I thought it looked a little to plasticy, but in fact, it looks superb. Really pleased with that one!

Can't wait my next 2 should be arriving soon.

****ed off this mornin. my free gift came that should come with issues 10 and 11, but no issues 10 and 11. still havent recieved my issue 4 back order yet either, its been 2 months since i ordered it. ajb007/mad ajb007/martini

What free gift came? Give them a ring and see what's going on., maybe there just short of stock or they might not realise you haven't go it.

the tank, i got all the gifts now. but not all the freakin models.

s96024 wrote:

What free gift came? Give them a ring and see what's going on., maybe there just short of stock or they might not realise you haven't go it.

I know how you feel. I subscribed a while ago and I got the Lotus from FYEO and the Goldeneye BMW about 3/4 weeks ago, with the accompanying magazines - and nothing else.

That was until this weekend. We go on a family camping trip on friday night. the weather has been raining a lot and when we return home last night to see a soggy cardboard box on the doorstep - in clear view for all to see - and as a miracle - inside the  soggy pulp was an unscathed Goldeneye Tank model.

I really like the tank model - it's great detail of a long overdue Bond vehicle - it's just a shame that it doesn't come on a diorama like the other models.

I will be contacting Royal Mail to complain about the delivery of the package - and thanks to all of you who wrote and complained about the packaging - as if it wasn't for you guys I'm sure that the model might have been ruined!

And as the lack of models is a bit of a concern I think that I'll also be contacting the distributors!

BOND MISCELLANY
www.bondmisc.weebly.com
MIS-CEL-LA-NY - A collection of various items, parts or ingredients, especially composed of diverse literary works.

I have been ok. I am completely upto date apart from the latest 2 issues which I was charged for about a week ago.

Why oh why oh why do you continue to bother me Mr Postman?

Following my rant about a package with the Goldeneye Tank being left on my doorstep over the rather rainy weekend whilst we were away - my lovely, beautiful Bond Girl of a Wife returned home from a trip out to find my AVTAK Taxi on the doorstep.

This time it hadn't been raining but once again it was left if plain view on the doorstep for all to see.

I'm just off to find where I complain to the Royal Mail.

As for the model itself - it's great - I especially like the bridge wall on the diorama - which 007 jumps over onto the boat below - superb!

Roll on my next model - if the postman doesn't ruin it for me!!!

BOND MISCELLANY
www.bondmisc.weebly.com

I received issues 10 and 11 this morning. The ferrari F355 from goldeneye and the Aston Martin DB5 from thunderball. Both are really nice. The water cannons are pretty cool.

got mine aswell. still aint got issue 4 tho.

Posts [ 51 to 75 of 7,308 ]

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 293 Next

You must login or register to post a reply