Man with golden gun. Printed in an Australian Newspaper, 1965

Man with golden gun. Printed in an Australian Newspaper, 1965

Hi there

I am renovating my house and while pulling up the carpet in the bedroom found a whole heap of newspaper sheets from 1965.

I thought this was kind of cool so I went through them, selecting several to frame and put up on the wall.

I found 2 installments of Man with golden gun printed in the paper. Being a James Bond fan I was thrilled. However I have been unable to find any information on the net about Bond stories being printed in the newspaper.

Can anyone please direct me to some information?

Many thanks

Comments

• Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    My memory has been known to play tricks on me, but I think I remember seeing "full page" serialisation (rather than comic book style) of GG in the (British) Daily Express (then a broadsheet) many, many (etc, etc - boy, do I feel old) years ago, when I was a paper boy. I definately remember them serialising Colonel Sun, with drawings by Robb, that may be where my memory makes up its own stories.
  • FerretFerret Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Hi

Yes they are full page serialisation rather than comics. I have found heaps of information on comic printed in the paper but not about what I have found.

I would realty like to know the history behind them, like how many installments were printed, was this the only story printed in this manner, how many newspapers did it etc.

There is so much information on Bond online that it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Cheers
    Well, as mentioned, I'm pretty certain that I remember a GG serialisation in the (British) Daily Express, I know I rememeber Colonel Sun (with drawings by Robb), I even had these in my scrap-books at one time, but not knowing any better I later got rid of them to make way for newspaper scraps about the films :#

At the time of DAF, again the Daily Express ran a serialisation as did The Sun, one of them serialised the boook, the other did the same for the film, but as I can't get at my scrap-books at the moment I can't tell you which paper did the book.

Somewhere at the back of my mind I think I recall another serialisation, but I need to check my scrap-books, I'll try and dig for them after this weekends Biggin Hill Air Fair.
    Many thanks

It seems that I may have somthing a little bit rare and special. I shall frame them with care. They are going to look great on my wall. :)

Cheers
    Friday 17th December 1971 (strange day to start a serial) both The Daily Express and the Sun newspapers (is the Sun really a newspaper?) started serialising Diamonds Are Forever. The Daily Express ran an adaption of the film by Victor Davis, whereas the Sun serialised the original Fleming novel, which like The Express included photos from the film. Other than a serialisation of the film OHMSS in Parade ( ;% a bad boys magazine - which at one time included naked :o pics of one Vicki Kennedy, amongst others) in February 1970 I haven't yet found the other serialisation that I thought I had, but there are a lot of scrap books to scour through (later).
    I have posted some (very tiny) scans on another forum.

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/
    For those who wanted a look.

Here are some bigger scans.

http://centralsearch.net/ferret/

Cheers