Re: The Oliver Peoples Airman - The Facts

I have received my TF sunglasses today ajb007/wink

I have tried to capture the main differences between them and the OP Airman besides of the obvious differences (which are matt frame, leather earpieces, TF branding in the lens and arm).

http://www.bondtoys.de/ebaybilder/TFside.jpg

http://www.bondtoys.de/ebaybilder/TFside2.jpg

Last edited by Higgins (9th Dec 2008 21:39)

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

David Schofield wrote:
Bondtoys wrote:

oh, DS, isn't it time for an apology? ajb007/wink

I am waiting to see how this plays out, Bondtoys, though a this stage I would agree your hand seems to contain a few aces...

My only observation on the Sunglasses Shop ad is that the Ford's include "a customized Tom Ford James Bond 007 logo"... and that in another post it is accepted that Sunspel supplied polo's which Ford's copied for the film...

By the way, I am still waiting for an apology...  ajb007/takecover

It seems, that some people enjoy more the attack though...

FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

Bondtoys wrote:
David Schofield wrote:
Bondtoys wrote:

oh, DS, isn't it time for an apology? ajb007/wink

I am waiting to see how this plays out, Bondtoys, though a this stage I would agree your hand seems to contain a few aces...

My only observation on the Sunglasses Shop ad is that the Ford's include "a customized Tom Ford James Bond 007 logo"... and that in another post it is accepted that Sunspel supplied polo's which Ford's copied for the film...

By the way, I am still waiting for an apology...  ajb007/takecover

It seems, that some people enjoy more the attack though...

Gloating's not a particularly endearing feature is it?

And I'd thought I'd made it clear I accept that Craig wore TF not OPs after all? Those TF's which are now available are those that are screen worn - with your very own James Bond logo on them, just as the man himself.

Happy New Year.

I am not living in these categories of gloating and stuff.

An endearing feature would be to stand your man and apologize, especially after all, what has said and done.

Trying to bend again the facts into your very own perspective sounds very AS-ish to me.

Last edited by Higgins (3rd Jan 2009 19:19)

I am far more interested in the OP style, but the Tom Ford's have of course the screen use advantage. It's been too long now though. I'll just jump on board for the next film. I really hope they don't allow one designer to do everything though. I think it goes away from the fun and believability. I like the idea of Bond picking some great brands to use since they are known as the best in their trade, but he did look nice in all Tom Ford.

Last edited by Mr Beech (28th Jul 2011 07:38)

Mr Beech wrote:

I really hope they don't allow one designer to do everything though. I think it goes away from the fun and believability. I like the idea of Bond picking some great brands to use since they are known as the best in their trade, but he did look nice in all Tom Ford.

We'll see, but it does look like TF will do a lot of things.

So can anyone confirm that OP Airman are now impossible to find? Or it's still possible? I tried eBay Canada and found nothing... Tried online without any results...

If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?

Tout

They pop up every now and then - they are not ultra rare by any means just keep checking eBay US etc (I got a unused pair for around $150 last year)

Instagram - bondclothes007

toutbrun wrote:
Mr Beech wrote:

I really hope they don't allow one designer to do everything though. I think it goes away from the fun and believability. I like the idea of Bond picking some great brands to use since they are known as the best in their trade, but he did look nice in all Tom Ford.

We'll see, but it does look like TF will do a lot of things.

So can anyone confirm that OP Airman are now impossible to find? Or it's still possible? I tried eBay Canada and found nothing... Tried online without any results...

Back during the big rush to get the Airman, I believe the common suggestion was to just call the Oliver Peoples boutiques. I think New York and LA were brought up as places that can help locate them if they are still in the hands of OP or service them if you ever find a pair.

welshboy78 wrote:

Tout

They pop up every now and then - they are not ultra rare by any means just keep checking eBay US etc (I got a unused pair for around $150 last year)

I'll be on the look out. Thanks!

If I call the boutiques : a) are they still being made? b) what is the retail price? probably 350$, no? Oliver People are supposed to be expensive.

toutbrun wrote:
welshboy78 wrote:

Tout

I'll be on the look out. Thanks!

If I call the boutiques : a) are they still being made? b) what is the retail price? probably 350$, no? Oliver People are supposed to be expensive.

They are no longer in production, and it is very likely that they still cost full retail price if OP manages to locate a pair somewhere. I forget the exact number, but I think it may have been mentioned earlier in the thread.

I found pictures of the Airman, but not the blue ones. Do we have pictures of the OP Airman in blue?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oliver-People … 490wt_1094

Instagram - bondclothes007

Thank you for posting! That settles the pictures  ajb007/martini  350$ is a bit expensive for used ones though..

toutbrun wrote:

Thank you for posting! That settles the pictures  ajb007/martini  350$ is a bit expensive for used ones though..

It's hard to say since they have been out of production for years now. Good luck with the boutiques though.