Lazenby Returns As Bond!

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
At last it's turned up on youtube:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XLwdkdEzcOo
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    Thanks for posting NP but poor George! That was some fairly awful acting all round (even though it is being played for laughs).
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    GL did a similiar turn in a spoof about missing diamonds. Can't recall the show, it was some kind of anthology show or the USA or SF Channel. In that program every time GL was about to say "James Bond" someone would drop a plate or slam a door, it too was rather interesting and on the lame side.
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    Twas a little lame....why oh why did you do this Laze? ?:)

I chuckled on a couple moments for sure, but still.

I can't get over Lazenby's voice though, that's what does it for me. His voice is smooth, like a Chesterfield. Good stuff. T

Thanks for the find. {[]
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • rennervisionrennervision Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    Napoleon Plural (hey, I just got the joke in your name!) - I remember seeing that when it first aired in 1983. In fact, I remember watching it mainly for Lazenby's cameo. But seeing it again 25 years later made me realize we had pretty low standards back then for what passed as television entertainment. :))

I always like to point out that 1983 was a very unique year for Bond fans. It's the only year where every actor to play Bond up to that point returned in three separate movies to portray him again.
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    I liked the girl going "It's just like in On Her Majesty's Secret Service." Though she forgot to add, "except it's rubbish."
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    7289 wrote:
    GL did a similiar turn in a spoof about missing diamonds. Can't recall the show, it was some kind of anthology show or the USA or SF Channel. In that program every time GL was about to say "James Bond" someone would drop a plate or slam a door, it too was rather interesting and on the lame side.

That apparently is an episode of Alfred Hitchcock presents, made in 1989, which is interesting because Hitch died before that. Must have made for an bizarre opening. :s Presumably they didn't do a Norman Bates, and have his corpse sit there while somebody else pretended to do his voice. Anyway, Lazenby's episode is apparently called 'Diamonds Aren't Forever' and I would seriously love to see it if anybody finds it online.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
    Napoleon Plural (hey, I just got the joke in your name!) - I remember seeing that when it first aired in 1983. In fact, I remember watching it mainly for Lazenby's cameo.

I always like to point out that 1983 was a very unique year for Bond fans. It's the only year where every actor to play Bond up to that point returned in three separate movies to portray him again.

Yeah, I watched it too but my Dad came in at that precise moment and began making conversation in that way when you can't shut him up. 8-) A made for TV flick, I think it got some press in Starlog, which was banging on about 'the biggest Bond year of them all' for a while.

The joke in my name doesn't quite work actually. It would if he was called Napoleon Single. Ah well.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    The joke in my name doesn't quite work actually. It would if he was called Napoleon Single. Ah well.

Somehow I don't think calling yourself Napoleon Duet would be any better. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

I never thought of that- good point. George is in god shape there too- he could have still been playing Bond if he'd played his cards right.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:

Somehow I don't think calling yourself Napoleon Duet would be any better. . .

No, I suppose not. Napoleon Choral? First choice was Tee Hee...

Roger Moore 1927-2017