Real Bond NATO watchstrap available now!

Thanks to everyone for your support in this project! I'm taking orders now and will be shipping in about 10 days. Here are some photos.

For ordering info: http://corvuswatch.com/index.asp?page=watchbands

NATORAF.jpg

bond-goldfinger-strap-big.jpg

NATO.jpg

long.jpg

Also, the "Corvus" on the buckle is very discreet. I'm also proud to have "Made in Britain" on the back.

buckles.jpg

This has been a long time in development, but I'm thrilled with the results. The webbing was made in Scotland in a small mill that uses vintage looms. Fabricated in Wales by Phoenix Straps. I hope Cmdr. Bond would approve.

Cam

Comments

• qbviqbvi AustraliaPosts: 254MI6 Agent
    camfam wrote:
    Thanks to everyone for your support in this project! I'm taking orders now and will be shipping in about 10 days. Here are some photos.

For ordering info: http://corvuswatch.com/index.asp?page=watchbands

NATORAF.jpg

bond-goldfinger-strap-big.jpg

NATO.jpg

long.jpg

Also, the "Corvus" on the buckle is very discreet. I'm also proud to have "Made in Britain" on the back.

buckles.jpg

This has been a long time in development, but I'm thrilled with the results. The webbing was made in Scotland in a small mill that uses vintage looms. Fabricated in Wales by Phoenix Straps. I hope Cmdr. Bond would approve.

Cam

Hi Cam
    I sent you an email for your instructions for overseas orders. Your website isnt set up for Australia???? Haven't heard back from you.
    Cheers mate {[]
    A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Cam,

I ordered 4 straps. Great job seeing this through. Can't wait for your Bradley Dive Watch. Keep those awesome watches coming!

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • agent 00agent 00 Univex Station L Netherlands Posts: 340MI6 Agent
    edited May 2009
    I've ordered a NATO 20mm strap.

Thanks Cam . {[]

Jan -{
    Jan

" Sono Topolino, e tu chi saresti? ".
    http://www.facebook.com/agent00univex
  • camfamcamfam USAPosts: 14MI6 Agent
    {[][/quote]
    Hi Cam
    I sent you an email for your instructions for overseas orders. Your website isnt set up for Australia???? Haven't heard back from you.
    Cheers mate {[][/quote]

Email sent! Thanks!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited May 2009
    I have tried to order with my german billing address and a US shipping address, but can't checkout.
    It always recquires to fill out some red marked fields, but I have filled them all out correctly.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • camfamcamfam USAPosts: 14MI6 Agent
    Hi! Email me with the details. It should be no problem.

Cam
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    email sent.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Just got my shipping notice. :D
    edited May 2009
    Shipping Notice received today :D

Jan
    Jan

edited May 2009
    I'm sure most of you got this email from Camfam, but here it is:

Whew! It has been a busy week for us.

FIrst of all we want to thank everyone who ordered our new Real Bond NATO straps. Your response to this project was amazing.

About half the orders have been filled and sent. The rest were delayed a little because the 18mm straps arrived a couple days after the rest of the straps. If you ordered any 18mm straps in your order they will be sent out Tuesday or Wednesday morning. That should take care of all current orders.

Many of you in the USA should receive your straps today (Monday). I think you will be pleased. The colors are perfect, well worth the extra months it took to have them custom dyed. The proportions of the stripes are also dead on. I was especially pleased to see that the red stripes are just right, thin but not too thin.

The fabric is something special too. We went to a small mill in Scotland that uses vintage machinery to make the softest nylon NATO webbing you have ever felt. The straps are amazingly comfortable as a result. Phoenix Straps did an outstanding job putting this project together with us.

When you get your straps, we'd love to see them on your favorite watches! Let us know if we can put the photos up on our site for everyone to enjoy. I've been wearing a 20mm NATO on my 1986 RN-issued CWC dive watch. My brother has been wearing the 20mm RAF style on his Rolex 1016 Explorer. The both look great. For those of you who still haven't ordered, you can do so here: Real Bond NATO Website

Thanks again for your patience. I hope you will agree that the results were worth the wait.

Cam and Tom

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    Recieved my shipping notice this morning!

Can't Wait!!!
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Got it yesterday. The one I've been using is one I picked up on the bay so it's likely not a Phoenix. The Camfan strap doesn't have as many holes for adjustment but the fabric is much smoother and denser for lack of a better word. The buckle seems huge, not bad huge just not what I'm used to. I'd post a pic but no one would want to see my beat up, knock around Bulova.

Very pleased!
    edited May 2009
    Kittlemeier,

That's excellent! Please post pictures if you can. I'm sure we'd all like to see Cam and his brother's great work.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Please post a picture,love to see the strap in use :D
    Nothing here yet :(
    Jan

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Received mine as well today. The fabric is much softer than the one I bought online months ago. I bought the RAF and now I am wondering what everyone is going to do with the extra length...does it get tucked under the watch?
    Mantis,

Can you post a picture? Bend the strap back on itself and tuck it under the metal rings. I like to fold it inside. It looks neater to me. However, the outside fold is, according to diagram, the correct way.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,350MI6 Agent
    My straps are being shipped out today - one of these will be for my upcoming MKII Kingston.
    edited May 2009
    texas007 wrote:
    My straps are being shipped out today - one of these will be for my upcoming MKII Kingston.

Cool beans. Yeah, I got my shipping notice today too. Can't wait for the Kingston Bond homage or the Corvus Bradley dive watch! Ah so many watches, so little time.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    edited May 2009
    SNC00497.jpg
    received mine today
    looks even better in real
    totaly happy with it :D
    Jan

Great! Unfortunately I can't see the pictures from this computer. I'll check this evening. Thanks for posting. Who else has pictures?

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    agent 00 wrote:
    SNC00497.jpg
    received mine today
    looks even better in real
    totaly happy with it :D

Nice! Looks like a Yao dial too. Cool Milsub homage!
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    edited May 2009
    It's a MWC (Bond) 21 Jewel Automatic Military Divers Watch.
    No idee what kind of dail it is ?:)
    But in combination with the corvus stap it's a cool package. :D

Jan
    Jan

agent 00 wrote:
    It's a MWC 21 jewel automatic "James Bond"style watch. :v
    No idee what kind of dail it is ?:)
    But in combination with the corvus stap it's a cool package.

Oh, than it's not a Yao dial. But it is a cool combination! Wear it in good health. Enjoy Bond goodness.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    My strap arrived today. :)

Very nice! I really like the upgraded buckle.

In all an excellent job ..... looks like I'll be picking up another strap soon!

Some images: Sadly I don't have the Connery Rolex, but this is the original "understapped" look.

corppk3.jpg

corppk2.jpg

corppk1.jpg
    Very nice - thanks for sharing
    -{
    Got home today and there were two packages. One was a short brimmed tiger striped boonie. The other was my 4 "Real Bond" straps from Corvus. Here are som pictures from my better half's crappy digital camera:

DSCF0847-1.jpg

DSCF0848.jpg

DSCF0849.jpg

DSCF0851.jpg

DSCF0852.jpg

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Nice Pictures 7289 and DG,enyone else that has pictures ? {[]
    SNC00503.jpg
    Jan
    Jan

I thought mine would arrive on Friday too - but hasn't showed up yet
    edited May 2009
    Here's a mini review of the Corvus "Real Bond" strap made by Phoenix Straps Ltd.

First off, let me say I like this strap! The strap, as it appears on the wrist, looks just like the strap that we see on Connery's wrist in the pre-credit sequence of Goldfinger. When I look at the strap, my mind goes immediately to the scene in the faux oil tank when Bond/Connery, fitted out in his nylon drysuit, looks at his Rolex Submariner and sets the timer to blow up the heroin mill. "Mr. Ramairez and his friends will be out of buisines - at least he won't be using heroin flavored bananas to finance revolutions."

The strap is, perhaps, a shade thinner than the original Phoenix Bond strap, of which I still have several, many of which are still unopened and in original packaging. The original Bond strap was black with twin grey stripes that would develop a greenish hue with wear. A nice effect. However the center black stripe was not wide enough to suit Bond pureists and is, to my mind, the only detractor to this fine strap. The Corvus Bond strap on the other hand has two obviously green stripes bordered by fine red stripes, and, praise be, the center black stripe is wider than the external black stripes. Very nice!

The Corvus Bond strap also appears shinier than the standard Bond strap, but remains understated and elegant. It reminds me of my New England prep school days when I wore a vintage handwound Omega on an undersized black, blue or sometimes striped grosgrain strap from Brooks Brothers.

What of the controversy concernig red stripes vs. no red stripes? Well, frankly, red stripes can be considered canon because they are seen on screen. But the question may never truly be answered until EON gives us the answer. Regardless, Corvus has made a fine strap that any true Bond fan should feel quite lucky to have.

Thanks Cam and Tom for bringing this project to fruition.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg