Kings of Leon for Bond 23

Don't you think Kings of Leon would sing an amazing theme track for Bond 23 (or 'Bond in New York' as some say)
The lead singer's gritty voice would be perfect for the job!
Who's with me? :-)

Comments

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    It depends. If they can pull off a 'Use Somebody', which I love, then I'm with you. However, if it's of the quality of their other stuff, which I don't like, then I'm not with you.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • La GroueLa Groue Malibu, CA / London, UKPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    I would go for this.
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Nah, Duffy or Wino gets my vote.
    Bond has to bring a bit of a different class to the demographics that don't always get it.
    Kings of Leon are cool, but it'd be like getting Oasis to do the theme. I love these bands, but they aren't "Bond".
    Think back to the real big gun themes. Shirley Bassey.
    When you grab a flavour of the month pop/rock outfit you run the risk of getting another Aha.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
  • Ghostboy2112Ghostboy2112 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    they're not flavour of the month, they've been around for a long time!
    but i wouldn't mind Wino.
    Duffy's okay, but I really hope Amy's back in shpae by then, such an amazing voice but awful discipline..
    And Chris Cornell did a great theme, but he's not exactly a world superstar now is he?
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    they're not flavour of the month, they've been around for a long time!
    but i wouldn't mind Wino.
    Duffy's okay, but I really hope Amy's back in shpae by then, such an amazing voice but awful discipline..
    And Chris Cornell did a great theme, but he's not exactly a world superstar now is he?

My interpretation of "flavour of the month" includes long established acts. I don't mean it as "one hit wonders" or newbies.
    I actually have to admit I enjoyed the Aha effort, although I don't know that it was the best choice at the time.

Chris Cornell "not exactly a world superstar"? Are you aware of his past? Audioslave and Sound Garden. B-)

Can you imagine if Wino does get her act in order? I totally agree with you Ghostboy, that talent and voice of hers is made for a Bond theme. But that attitude of hers is I fear more suited to rehab clinics and an early grave a la Janis Joplin. I'd guess she's a nightmare to work with.

Sorry guys I got off the subject a little. Kings of Leon fans, claim this thread back.

Respect -{
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
  • zig zagzig zag EnglandPosts: 244MI6 Agent
    Kings of leon would be sooo cool,far better than any recent artist's attempt at a bond theme,cornell took some getting used to,but still isnt on my list of good theme's.
    Lets hope someone from the bond franchise take's note of whats being said,and at least ask's em to consider the matter.
    As for duffy,or as I read her described once "the pint sized pop strumpet",& ****house,please no!!
    "Yes,dammit,I said "was".The bitch is dead now."

"It's not difficult to get a double 0 number if your prepared to kill people"
  • Ghostboy2112Ghostboy2112 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    zig zag wrote:
    Kings of leon would be sooo cool,far better than any recent artist's attempt at a bond theme,cornell took some getting used to,but still isnt on my list of good theme's.
    Lets hope someone from the bond franchise take's note of whats being said,and at least ask's em to consider the matter.
    As for duffy,or as I read her described once "the pint sized pop strumpet",& ****house,please no!!

yay! thanks :)
    haha lol@ the strumpet remark
    isn't that the funniest word? strumpet? :p

oh and Alec006, I know Chris Cornell was in Audioslave, and Soundgarden but I'm only 18 yrs old and I simply cannot sing any of their songs :-). And Chris went all hip-hoppy now, with Timbaland so that's what my generation will know him for :).
    KOL forever! They're coming to Belgium at Werchter festival and I'm soo excited!
  • zig zagzig zag EnglandPosts: 244MI6 Agent
    Strumpet.....yeah it is a funny word.Heard it used by stewie in the excellent family guy to his mother,he called her a festering strumpet,laughed me head off.
    Anyway thats enough of that,the thread is digressing from the point me thinks.:(|)
    "Yes,dammit,I said "was".The bitch is dead now."

"It's not difficult to get a double 0 number if your prepared to kill people"
  • VeronaVerona Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    I like them a whole lot but I fear the theme would be too similar to "Another Way to Die".
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    Thanks for reigniting this topic, but there's a better discussion here for title song performers: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/34229/title-song-artist-suggestions/

Please use it
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    I want Burt Bacharach. Seriously.
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • Dmitri MishkinDmitri Mishkin Kansas CityPosts: 333MI6 Agent
    toutbrun wrote:
    I want Burt Bacharach. Seriously.

As long as it isn't Michael Bublé.
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    OK, but not in this thread, please use the thread I quoted above
This discussion has been closed.