Sunspel Riviera Polo Fit

The 007 sunspel polo.

I managed to finally track some down in Australia.

But they only had medium.

Tried it on - seemed to fit ok. BUT maybe small might fit better? (specifically in the shoulders)

Have attached a pic to show the fit. Is that pretty much spot on? Would small be too small?

And is the sunspel website the best place to buy them online?

sunspel.png

Comments

• Roland007Roland007 United KingdomPosts: 58MI6 Agent
    I think personally stick with the medium as Sunspel small is very small ! Dont forget to allow for a little shrinkage with washing. Photo attached is of my first Sunspel polo 2 years after I bought it having been worn to death and it still looks good and has held its shape.

3hTDA.jpg
  • Monza860Monza860 USPosts: 501MI6 Agent
    Yes, the shoulders and sleeves are designed to be short to show off Bond's muscles!
    Away at Boot Camp, won't be back until April the earliest.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj258/monza860/
  • Double-0-7Double-0-7 Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    The medium is the right fit for you, enjoy a great shirt!
  • nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    Looking at the pics you have the right size - I also have the Riviera polos in medium and they are a great fit!

NMS
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
  • perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Do not forget to handwash your polo in white vinegar in cold water before wearing it. This will preserve the color and keep it from fading.
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    perdogg wrote:
    Do not forget to handwash your polo in white vinegar in cold water before wearing it. This will preserve the color and keep it from fading.

Is that really true?
    I just ordered one yesterday.
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
    edited June 2010
    007 wrote:
    perdogg wrote:

Is that really true?
    I just ordered one yesterday.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5474053_keep-colors-bleeding-fading-wash.html

**ADD WHITE VINEGAR**
    Yup, vinegar. You can add detergent too however for first time washes of new colors just use a cup of vinegar and don't use detergent.

*Add a cup (240 ml) of white vinegar to the cold water in your wash BEFORE adding your clothes. *Allow the wash to gyrate and mix in the vinegar.

*Add clothes and allow to gyrate until all items of clothing are soaked.
    *Stop the washer and allow your clothes to soak for 10-20 minutes.
    *Then start the washer and allow the cycle to finish.

The white vinegar will help adhere the dye to the fabric. You'll notice, especially with brand new colors, that there is very little, if any, dye in the water.

Read more: How to To Keep Colors From Bleeding & Fading In The Wash | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5474053_keep-colors-bleeding-fading-wash.html#ixzz0rPAzz1Ig
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    :)) go out smelling lika a fish n chip shop :D :v
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    :)) go out smelling lika a fish n chip shop :D :v

No need to worry, it will not be noticeable.
  • SharpeSharpe Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    I'm hesitant to put the polo through a vinegar wash...Don't want it smelling of vinegar...

How much do these polos fade anyway?
    Sharpe wrote:
    I'm hesitant to put the polo through a vinegar wash...Don't want it smelling of vinegar...

I bought a Nordstrom's polo, just like the Sunspel, 100% cotton mesh, except without the pocket.

The salesman at Norstroms told me to do it. I did it, it will not reek of vinegar and it did not mess it up.

Maybe you should contact Customer Service and their opinion on the matter. The thing about rinsing in white vinegar is that is dissolves the soap in the rinse cycle.
  • AstonMartinAstonMartin Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Woo Hoo MAJOR Sunspel fashion haul received today. I just got the little white box from London at my door today.

1 black and 1 navy Riviera Polo shirt size large. I love the fit of these shirts. The arms feel similar to the RLP fitted shirts, but the shoulder area and upper back are in their own league with the Sunspel shirt. These are definitely a fitted type shirt that look good as long as your waist is smaller than your shoulder girth.:D These would not work well with concealed carry with a waist holster. Pocket carry while wearing these.

2 black Sunspel XL T-shirts like the "Dark Knight" and Bond wore. These are very nice and soft. You definitely need to go a size up with the T-shirts and they say this on their site. These are very similar to a black t-shirt I used to buy years ago from another company except the cotton fabric on the Sunspel version is much nicer.

2 white Lg. Superfine Cotton Vest undershirts. This is my first time trying this type of shirt and they are very comfortable.

Mantis you owe me several Benjamin's because this is all your fault. If it wasn't for those damn video podcast's and the Bond Lifestyle site I would of never traveled down this road. Bond's style in C.R. and Q.O.S. are exactly what I like to wear. Now if I could only find the Tom Ford Shawl Collar Cardigan I would be very happy!!!!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    As your junkie, I must warn you---- it gets worse...;)
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    As your junkie, I must warn you---- it gets worse...;)

I can back that up too - I got the CR three piece from Baron, now I've got the QoS suit on order and I got a lot of the Magnoli ties too yesterday along with the Tom Ford sunnys and the Sunspel navy polo... my wife isn't best pleased...
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
  • 000-7000-7 EnglandPosts: 78MI6 Agent
    perdogg wrote:
    Sharpe wrote:

I bought a Nordstrom's polo, just like the Sunspel, 100% cotton mesh, except without the pocket.

The salesman at Norstroms told me to do it. I did it, it will not reek of vinegar and it did not mess it up.

Maybe you should contact Customer Service and their opinion on the matter. The thing about rinsing in white vinegar is that is dissolves the soap in the rinse cycle.

OMG, can't quite believe I have read this??!!
    Wine vinegar? Are you kidding????
    Buy cheap, expect to have to use cheap tricks...! :))
    I , like Roland007, have worn my many Sunspel shirts to death, both blue and black and simply wash them inside out on a 30c wash, nothing special. What fades a shirt is drying it outside in the sun (UV!)
    Hence the inside out - but I dry inside. So no worries...! :)

Nice haul AstonMartin.....
    I have similar. Very nice!

And Mantis is right....
    It gets worse.... :#
    These days it takes three kills...!
  • mercenarykevmercenarykev Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    getting ready to purchase my first sunspel in a small,the vinegar trick does work but when drying is it allright to tumble dry for wrinkles sake or what is the best way,dont really wanna air dry then have to iron my 100 dollar shirt and burn it!
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Note, these shirts run a bit small....I wear an XXL and it is more like a large