Most conservative British newspaper?

Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
What in all ya'lls opinion is the most conservative British newspaper? I read the Daily Mail, which is sort of a glossed up National Enquirer. I also read the Daily Telegraph, but both strike me as a little to the left, or maybe I don't understand your poltics.
"I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Well, the Mail is notorious for being conservative, mainly with a small 'c'. Very suburban and right-wing (sorry Lady Rose!) but also classic middle manager stuff, also for the retired as plenty of health articles and 'Ooh I had my bowels out on the NHS' stuff. All the same, good value in terms of plenty of content.

The Telegraph is dubbed Torygraph, v right wing, probably slagging off the Gov these days cos it's not right wing enough, being a coalition.

The only Left mainstream papers are The Independent and The Guardian, the former also has a cheaper edition for 20p called just i. Oh, also The Mirror, which has totally failed to capitalise on the departure of red-top tabloid rival News of the World and also problems of The Sun.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    I'll go back and start reading the Telegraph more, maybe I'm missing something. The Mail is fun to read, but they go for sensational sometimes with stories that mean nothing. I read the Guardian some, and I need to go back and read the Mirror.

I don't think I can get a grasp of your politics if I don't read all sides.

Thank you.
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    None of the english papers are really conservative. Some are merely less lefty than others.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Yeh, I agree with Nap... The Torygraph (Telegraph) is very right wing.

I would have thought the Times would be too... but never really read it. I just read Mailonline.... it's free, and I love the Femail section :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    The Telegraph is probably most right wing. Don't forget that British politics got all mixed up when, having been unelectable for sixteen years, Tony Blair took big steps to the right, called it New Labour and got the party into power. To get back support, conservative stepped into the middle and right onto the liberals, who then had to step left, right and backwards to pick up the remaining votes. Now labour are heading left once more, the coalition is mainly standing still and the liberals are just glad to have a say - even if it's just to say what the conservatives tell them to say, which is inevitably to backtrack on policies and deliver bad news... Now, I honestly don't know what or who is left, right or centre.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    The Telegraph is probably most right wing. Don't forget that British politics got all mixed up when, having been unelectable for sixteen years, Tony Blair took big steps to the right, called it New Labour and got the party into power. To get back support, conservative stepped into the middle and right onto the liberals, who then had to step left, right and backwards to pick up the remaining votes. Now labour are heading left once more, the coalition is mainly standing still and the liberals are just glad to have a say - even if it's just to say what the conservatives tell them to say, which is inevitably to backtrack on policies and deliver bad news... Now, I honestly don't know what or who is left, right or centre.

Daniel Hannon is right, the others are pretty much all wrong.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Certainly the Telegraph. Do you work in print or press, Napoleon?
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Er, on a bunch of inflight travel magazines. Not sure which that is... ;%
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Most conservative UK newspapers are:

The Daily Telegraph
    Daily Mail
    The Times
    Daily Express

News Letter (Northern Ireland - the oldest newspaper in the world).

The most left-wing UK newspapers are:

The Daily Mirror
    The Guardian
    The Sunday People
    The Irish News
    (Northern Ireland).

The Liberal Democrat/Liberal UK newspaper:

The Independent

Hope that you find this list helpful. :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).