Blofeld from the Novels.

AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
I don't know if you lot have seen this, but up on the 007 Wiki, someone drew Pictures of Novel version of Blofeld.

Blofelds.png
1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,689Chief of Staff
    I'm sure this was reproduced in 007 Magazine a number of years ago...pretty good though...would have been nice to had something official along these lines -{
    YNWA 97
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Well.. the top one looks like Brad Whitaker, the one on the left looks like George Lazenby, and the one on right looks like an old Chang :D
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    i thought the bottom one looked like jaws
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,702MI6 Agent
    I believe that this may be the work of artist George Almond. At any rate, I think these pictures feature in John Griswold's book.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    I don't know if you lot have seen this, but up on the 007 Wiki, someone drew Pictures of Novel version of Blofeld.

Blofelds.png

I mentioned this in a past posting:

An actor more suited (to play Blofeld in OHMSS) would have been Peter Van Eyck. He played a lot of German officers in WWII films during that era and his appearance would have fit Fleming's description quite well:

1238047269_peter_van_eyck.jpg

It seems he looks like the middle illustration of Blofeld .
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,702MI6 Agent
    edited February 2013

Blofelds.png

I mentioned this in a past posting:

An actor more suited (to play Blofeld in OHMSS) would have been Peter Van Eyck. He played a lot of German officers in WWII films during that era and his appearance would have fit Fleming's description quite well:

1238047269_peter_van_eyck.jpg

It seems he looks like the middle illustration of Blofeld .

Yes, he'd be good for the Blofeld of OHMSS novel, but EON decided to make Blofeld into a pantomime villiain in YOLT with the eye and facial scar, bald head and pussy stroking. It made Blofeld less than credible onscreen, as did Charles Gray's portrayal. Only Telly Savalas's Blofeld had any menace about him, and he was most like the more action-orientated Blofeld of the YOLT novel, rather ironically! Also looks a bit like Kristatos - Julian Glover without the beard!

P.S. I really like the flowers as skulls motif for the YOLT Blofeld - but then I'm on a flowers as symbolism in literature kick at the moment! Very classy way indeed to refer to the death and decay present in YOLT's "Garden of Death"!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Blood_StoneBlood_Stone Posts: 183MI6 Agent
    Damn, Julian Glover would've been a good Blofeld if he didn't play Kristatos!
    Damn, Julian Glover would've been a good Blofeld if he didn't play Kristatos!

Yes, he'd certainly have been a good choice for the Blofeld of the OHMSS novel - sadly it was not to be. Julian Glover had form in this area in the 1960s as he had played a villain in The Avengers in Colour (the ones starring John Steed and Mrs Emma Peel). I'd -{ to that!