Bond fitness thread

I know a few members on this site who are into weight lifting/exercising (Mantis/VinnyMac) like myself, and was curious as to who else here is into it? and we could perhaps share our routines, knowledge and progress/goals. How many of you wear your PTI jacket to the gym now? i certainly do, but not during the actual work out, its much too hot for that. And I put this in the clothing section because we buy Bond's clothes because he looks good in them and want to look as good as him.

danielcraigasjamesbondi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    well, Im a runner (6.5 miles, 5 days a week with some variance of surface-uphill, gradual incline or flat). Was down to 7 minute miles when I was timing them. Been doing it for about three years and I think Im ready to start branching out and hitting the gym so this thread should be interesting.

Started it because it was the most economical way of losing weight and adding some tone.

Its funny because yesterday we had hale and torrental rain in California. I managed to squeeze a nice run in and I looked almost exactly like Bond above (track pants, beanie).
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Yeah, handicapped for a 47 year old, though :p !

Do I wear the SKYFALL kit to the gym? Yeah, 'cos its in a converted piggery at the back of me house! (No SIS logos though: I'm not bloody sad, nor have I ever worked for the SIS! ;) ) Would I wear it in public? Nah; don't like to be laughed at. :)) ;)
  • David C. M.David C. M. Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Like Returningson I'm a runner (but not that fast). Usually, I run ever other day for about 7 km. Unfortunately, I am injured at the moment, but I hope that I will be able to start again in the next couple of weeks.
    The one thing about runners (and I assume with any person highly involved with fitness) is that injuries just are the worst because they prevent you from doing what you want, sometimes even need, to be doing. I had plantar fasciitis several months ago and that was the WORST nagging, incessant pain of my entire life. I took care of it quick so I was only out for about a week and a half but man, did that suck.

and for my kit, I dont have any of the skyfall training gear. I wear Nike (shorts, shirts and thermals) with various running shoes of my years (currently running in the Nike Lunarswift +3 which is funny because I had previously stayed away from Nike running shoes after some bad experiences sticking mainly with Asics or Mizuno or Adidas but went with the lunarswift after a friend recommended it).
  • David C. M.David C. M. Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    The one thing about runners (and I assume with any person highly involved with fitness) is that injuries just are the worst because they prevent you from doing what you want, sometimes even need, to be doing. I had plantar fasciitis several months ago and that was the WORST nagging, incessant pain of my entire life. I took care of it quick so I was only out for about a week and a half but man, did that suck.

Yes, it really bothers me to wait, but whenever I go running my knee starts hurting after a few kilometers. Unfortunately, it seems to be the meniscus and this could take a while.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I admit, I wear my Shrublands Tanks to the gym...but that's the extent of it...I am a four time a week gym goer who is increasing it to five times a week with the off days being pure core exercises...will post up my regiment soon.

ajbshrub.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    well, Im a runner (6.5 miles, 5 days a week with some variance of surface-uphill, gradual incline or flat). Was down to 7 minute miles when I was timing them. Been doing it for about three years and I think Im ready to start branching out and hitting the gym so this thread should be interesting.

Started it because it was the most economical way of losing weight and adding some tone.

Its funny because yesterday we had hale and torrental rain in California. I managed to squeeze a nice run in and I looked almost exactly like Bond above (track pants, beanie).
    Thats pretty impressive all the running you do, Do you have a strict diet or try to eat healthy? and if you join a gym how will it affect your running routine?
    The Mantis wrote:
    I admit, I wear my Shrublands Tanks to the gym...but that's the extent of it...I am a four time a week gym goer who is increasing it to five times a week with the off days being pure core exercises...will post up my regiment soon.

ajbshrub.jpg

Do a handicapping system on your website, Dave, age versus final achievement and I reckon you and I would flatten the opposition!

So, swimwear shot for the summer, lads? And no fake tan or proxys allowed!
  • 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    I really wish they had kept that scene in the film
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Well in to weight training and it's pretty fair to say that I'm somewhat of a gym rat. Train 4 times a week generally, with 3 sessions of weights and a cardio day. Workout tends to follow a split of back & shoulders / tri's & legs / chest & biceps. Not really one for direct abs work, but that's going to change soon. Probably going to switch to more of a full body programme soon to freshen things up.

If you're keen to get in to weight training / resistance work, I'd recommend looking up a guy called Nick Mitchell @ UP Fitness. Posts stuff on twitter & facebook and is extremely knowledgable / respected indeed. Doesn't hold back on his views mind!

Getting your diet / nutrition is the key ... and probably the hardest part sadly. Once you're on the right track with it then you're well on the way.
    The Mantis wrote:

ajbshrub.jpg

Do a handicapping system on your website, Dave, age versus final achievement and I reckon you and I would flatten the opposition!

So, swimwear shot for the summer, lads? And no fake tan or proxys allowed!
    I should add feel free to add pictures showing your progress and to possibly keep others motivated.
    Thought i would share this too, this is a pic of Daniel Craig after a trip to Vitamin Shoppe in NYC in 2011, the products he bought are NO-Xplode (a pre-work out supplement) and Cellmass (post work out creatine) both by BSN. I've bought both a few times before and they are pretty solid products but there's definitely better stuff out there, and NO-Xplode tastes horrible. Do you guys use any (legal) supplements?

bbbbbbws.jpg

Thats pretty impressive all the running you do, Do you have a strict diet or try to eat healthy? and if you join a gym how will it affect your running routine?

Well, the diet is becoming less and less strict lol. I do a good ratio of protein to carb intake and a monitor my sugar level (try for a little as possible) but Im not crazy about it. I drink a whey protein drink of my own concoction (water, almond milk mix with the powder) twice a day and try to ate lean cuts (chicken or beef) with brown rice. Not super strict about it (probably eat too many carbs) but works.

As for the gym, I really dont know how it will affect my routine. I guess I can start the 3-2 (3 days running, 2 days working out and see where that goes.

And proof that running works

December 2008 (260 lbs)
    206518_1065236674935_548_n.jpg

August 2010 (150 lbs)
    44610_1563264125310_577734_n.jpg

these are 18 months apart but it took me less than that but these are the pics I have on hand.

Well, the diet is becoming less and less strict lol. I do a good ratio of protein to carb intake and a monitor my sugar level (try for a little as possible) but Im not crazy about it. I drink a whey protein drink of my own concoction (water, almond milk mix with the powder) twice a day and try to ate lean cuts (chicken or beef) with brown rice. Not super strict about it (probably eat too many carbs) but works.

As for the gym, I really dont know how it will affect my routine. I guess I can start the 3-2 (3 days running, 2 days working out and see where that goes.

December 2008 (260 lbs)

August 2010 (150 lbs)

these are 18 months apart but it took me less than that but these are the pics I have on hand.
    incredible job! i love the Indy jacket too.
  • 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    :o :o :o That is absolutely PHENOMENAL Returningson!!!!
    Supplements I use are high grade fish oils, flax seed powder, L-Carnitine & Reflex Whey. Have used creatine many times over the years, but try to cycle the intake. If you're thinking of using it, make sure you drink plenty of water or your kidneys will wreck.

Returningson .... tipping my hat to you Sir. Cracking work & a half!!! {[]
    glad I did it when I was young because if I didnt have the deligence and the metabolism otherwise I would have been that size for life. :#
  • Chrisy27Chrisy27 Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    That's awesome Returningson, can I ask though, after being obese did you have a tummy tuck or have your abbs area firmed up naturally?

I ask as I'm trying to loose weight too.

Thanks,

December 2008 (260 lbs)

August 2010 (150 lbs)

Thought i would share this too, this is a pic of Daniel Craig after a trip to Vitamin Shoppe in NYC in 2011, the products he bought are NO-Xplode (a pre-work out supplement) and Cellmass (post work out creatine) both by BSN. I've bought both a few times before and they are pretty solid products but there's definitely better stuff out there, and NO-Xplode tastes horrible. Do you guys use any (legal) supplements?

bbbbbbws.jpg

You'll be telling us next you know better than DC on fitness supplements.

Oh, wait. You already have... 8-) REALLY looking forward to your summer photos.

December 2008 (260 lbs)

August 2010 (150 lbs)

Fookin unbelievable. With the emphasis on unbelievable :( :o :D
    Everything is ALL natural. You see, skin is elastic (although its elasticity does somewhat decrease over time) but people make a mistake by not doing rigourous excercise while reducing caloric intake (they simply just do the dieting). When i started i could barely run a mile but I did it and made sure my heart rate was at its maximum and continued this throughout the entire length of the dieting increasing the mileage and intensity of the workout. By excercisng while dieting, it increases muscle mass and tones the body so you dont have that excess skin. Everything firms up naturally.

and thanks for all of the compliments guys! That 260 lb returningson is dead. I buried his ass somewhere in the desert. That was my second confirmed kill I needed to attain my 00 status. :))

bbbbbbws.jpg

Not sure if I've read this right (so apologies if I'm wrong), but this hasn't read particularly well to me ... Are you knocking Walther for what he's posted??

bbbbbbws.jpg

Didnt say i knew better then DC, i just know there are better products out there.
    and I want to add that i had NO outside help whatsoever besides information. Mens health is a great magazine (although their info is sometimes a little misleading) but its all about calories in, calories out, getting good protein and watching sugar. It was the hardest thing Ive ever done but it was also so simple consdering we've got science on our side.

and I never joined a gym. Just bought a pull up bar and some running shoes.
    and thanks for all of the compliments guys! That 260 lb returningson is dead. I buried his ass somewhere in the desert. That was my second confirmed kill I needed to attain my 00 status. :))

Hope you don't have the police after you...
    :))
    Ens007 wrote:

bbbbbbws.jpg

Not sure if I've read this right (so apologies if I'm wrong), but this hasn't read particularly well to me ... Are you knocking Walther for what he's posted??

Yeah. Just reckon DC might have been advised better by his ££££/$$$s advisers than a Bond website poster's knowledge?

Could be wrong though, as you seem to believe?
    Yeah. Just reckon DC might have been advised better by his ££££/$$$s advisers than a Bond website poster's knowledge?

ok, let me rephrase it, i have used products that have worked better for me personally then NO-Xplode and Cellmass. i apologize, didnt mean to make it seem like i know better then DC about what supplements to pick.
    Ens007 wrote:

Yes I do think you're wrong. There are plenty of better products on the market than those in the photo IMO, but bear in mind that most of the high end trainers are usually sponsored by a particular supplement company, therefore they promote their products to clients. I've used both of these products before, but have found better results through using different brands & formula. That is just opinion though as a humble little gym goer.

Not entirely sure that there's a need to try to belittle a fellow poster, but I'll leave that one there now.

ok, let me rephrase it, i have used products that have worked better for me personally then NO-Xplode and Cellmass. i apologize, didnt mean to make it seem like i know better then DC about what supplements to pick.

No probs.

And, of course, as should be emphasised to all the nutcases aiming for the "perfect DC body", age, lifestyle and available time, body type and mass, AS WELL as the support £££/$$$s team behind you, are extremely signtificant!

Don't want anyone being delusional, expecting goals they just cannot achieve. Nor, perish the thought, killing themlselves