buildings seen from rooftop ?

when bond is on the roof with moneypenny at the end of the film , you see big ben and st pauls.. whats the tall squarish building to the right of those?
"some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    I think you may be confusing St Pauls with another building as it is in the totally opposite direction from Big Ben and can't possibly appear in the same shot. In fact you can't really see St Pauls even when Moneypenny is in shot and you are looking in that general direction. You can see Millennium Bridge. Big Ben is behind Bond and St Pauls is behind Moneypenny, so I don't know which square building you are talking about.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Where is Bond standing?
    I would love to go up there and re-create this iconic moment.
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    sorry guys i am from up north originally so dont really know london
    if you pause it at 2hrs 15 mins 53secs you can see Big Ben a union jack flac and in between the flag and bond is the building i am talking about ..
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
    edited March 2013
    article-0-144A6DEA000005DC-700_634x347.jpg

Which one you looking at?

The dome towers belong to the Old War Office Building. I guess it was these you were mistaking for St Pauls.
    edited March 2013
    Where is Bond standing?

It's the Department for Energy & Climate Change (DECC) building.

Department-for-Energy-and-006.jpg
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Bond is looking towards the west (where the sun sets ) i dont know if that was deliberate
    You can see ST STEPHENS tower( its not big ben thats the bell,sorry to be picky nor is it a union jack that only applies to
    the flag when flown on HM warship) at the end of the green roofed MOD building
    in Whitehall.The slightly foggy square building is the British gas HQ its bang opposite the MI6
    building on the north shore of the Thames ,So i think Bond is looking towards home for comfort
    ie the office, or it could just be a big coincedence ?
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Where is Bond standing?

Is there public access up there?
    I am guessing they have been inundated!!
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    Bond is looking towards the west (where the sun sets ) i dont know if that was deliberate
    You can see ST STEPHENS tower( its not big ben thats the bell,sorry to be picky nor is it a union jack that only applies to
    in Whitehall.The slightly foggy square building is the British gas HQ its bang opposite the MI6
    building on the north shore of the Thames ,So i think Bond is looking towards home for comfort

All correct, except the foggy building is Millbank Tower, and Bond is looking almost dead South.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Where is Bond standing?

Is there public access up there?
    I am guessing they have been inundated!!

There is no public access.
  • GussGriswoldGussGriswold Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Has anybody cross-checked the locations of those buildings relative to eachother, and found out where the new MI6 HQ is?
    The new MI6 building at Vauxhall will be right opposite the Millbank Tower, which HoldCommand says is the foggy building dead ahead of 007 facing due south.

The Millbank Tower has now been demolished to make way for new flats on the north side of Vauxhall Bridge.
  • B549 WUUB549 WUU Posts: 145MI6 Agent
    The new MI6 building at Vauxhall will be right opposite the Millbank Tower, which HoldCommand says is the foggy building dead ahead of 007 facing due south.

The Millbank Tower has now been demolished to make way for new flats on the north side of Vauxhall Bridge.

The demolition work must have been undertaken quite recently. I was there for a function in November 2012. There is (was) a function suite at the top of the tower with a wonderful view of the city. I'm surprised the Mayor allowed the demolition of an iconic structure.
    B549 WUU wrote:

The demolition work must have been undertaken quite recently. I was there for a function in November 2012. There is (was) a function suite at the top of the tower with a wonderful view of the city. I'm surprised the Mayor allowed the demolition of an iconic structure.

Millbank tower has NOT been demolished, in fact it is still very much standing.
    Has anybody cross-checked the locations of those buildings relative to eachother, and found out where the new MI6 HQ is?

I don't understand the question, in the Bond unviserse the Vauxhall Cross HQ is partially destroyed, we are to assume the new MI6 HQ (where Mallory's current office is) is in the building which Bond is atop (the DECC).
  • B549 WUUB549 WUU Posts: 145MI6 Agent
    B549 WUU wrote:

Millbank tower has NOT been demolished, in fact it is still very much standing.

Thanks for clarifying. I was suprised at the comment that it had been demolished.

I don't understand the question, in the Bond unviserse the Vauxhall Cross HQ is partially destroyed, we are to assume the new MI6 HQ (where Mallory's current office is) is in the building which Bond is atop (the DECC).

That is certainly what is alluded to in the end scenes. M's office is no longer located within the MI6 building. It could be that only the 00 section has moved and Mallory is head of it. That would certainly tie in with MI6 black ops reality like 'The Increment' for example.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Hi all

I am coming to London at the end of the month and would love to visit some of the places in London. If its not too much trouble can someone who knows the city give me a fools guide where to find the following sights for photo ops ???

The real MI6 building
    Building where M visits Mallory for the first time
    New digs - know these are just gates but cool all the same
    Court entrance at Westminster

Sure I can find Temple tube station ok !!!

Cheers in advance

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Hi all

I am coming to London at the end of the month and would love to visit some of the places in London. If its not too much trouble can someone who knows the city give me a fools guide where to find the following sights for photo ops ???

The real MI6 building
    Building where M visits Mallory for the first time
    New digs - know these are just gates but cool all the same
    Court entrance at Westminster

Sure I can find Temple tube station ok !!!

Cheers in advance

M

PM sent
    Hi all

Got a spare hour or so on Sunday (providing the boys all get up early)

Want to get some pics outside the new digs gates / Whitehall court scene

Anyone remember the exact locations, think they were id'd somewhere in the forums but searches don't come up ?

Also going to MI6 building / Temple / Westminster tube but got that sussed

Also, thanks Gary for offer and will defo give you a bell when we are down again and have more time

Cheers

M

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    New digs entrance is the entrance to a car park opposite smithfields market.

The gates aren't there I don't think.

As for the hearing I think I remember someone saying it was the ministry of agriculture but that might be utter balls.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • roi007roi007 Posts: 409MI6 Agent
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/42561/good-to-be-back/

I was there it looks a bit different...
    The name is Bond, James Bond...
    Thanks guys

We had a fun couple of hours, discovered its a nice sort of straight walk between a lot of cool places......

MI6 building / Station door (DAD) / Westminster tube station exit (video is hilarious) Energy building (but not rooftop) / Trafalgar Square / National Gallery (stealth mode to get a pic in there on the bench with pic behind us) / M's house after trip to TF Sloane St !!!

M

• Raging bullfuzzRaging bullfuzz Posts: 1MI6 Agent

All correct, except the foggy building is Millbank Tower, and Bond is looking almost dead South.

In fact the shot is directly South (looking from horseguards towards Big Ben) but Bond is LOOKING west, so always shaken you are correct
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 35,980Chief of Staff
    Hello Raging bullfuzz (great name, by the way), but you've already registered with us twice. We don't allow multiple identities here so I'm afraid it's also goodbye.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    How does Always Shaken know so much about the rooftops ?
    Could he really be Batman ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    How does Always Shaken know so much about the rooftops ?
    Could he really be Batman ? :D

I once phoned my dad from the roof of the Vatican (as you do) :D ,he didn't belive me ,luckily I had a photo to back it up :)
    :)) I hope the smoke from that chimney didn't get in your eyes. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) I hope the smoke from that chimney didn't get in your eyes. ;)
    :)) no,but if it does ,you can always wash it out with water purchased from the little shop up there ,yes there is a cafe on the roof of the Vatican. :))
    Food of the Gods ? :D I bet it tastes heavenly.