WA AR7 blowback sourced.

Having searched for years for mine, I've now managed to find a limited supply of these in Asia, but I'm unsure about the new regulations for selling and importing to potential UK, European and US buyers.

Firstly can anyone clarify the situation for me and secondly assuming the law allows would anyone be interested in obtaining one?

(I'm British but based in Hong Kong)

Comments

• don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    dailo007 wrote:
    Having searched for years for mine, I've now managed to find a limited supply of these in Asia, but I'm unsure about the new regulations for selling and importing to potential UK, European and US buyers.

Firstly can anyone clarify the situation for me and secondly assuming the law allows would anyone be interested in obtaining one?

i

ide be interested in one.. if you could post details. or pm me please.. im UK
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,270MI6 Agent
    dailo007 wrote:

Regrettably import to the UK would come under the jolly old VCR act so unless someone is a member of NARES or similar society then it would be classed as an illegal imitation firearm. You would probably get it delivered followed by a nasty knock on the door to see what else you may have?

Congratulations on your find BTW.

Donk -{
  • KleynenKleynen BelgiumPosts: 396MI6 Agent
    I am very interested. Please send me a PM. (Living in Belgium) Thanks
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Fully understand VCRA requirements, can have shipped to US or UK, please PM with details
  • Bond-on-a-BudgetBond-on-a-Budget ChicagoPosts: 101MI6 Agent
    Have you guys ever tried the website
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Home

they are the #1 airsoft sellers in Asia and they offer an extensive custom service and extensive inventory. They are also exclusive dealers for top brands. They even have training rifles used by the US Army, some of them however cannot be shipped to US being too realistic and close to the real thing.

it's worth checking
    James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette...
    Tiffany Case: And which do you prefer?
    James Bond: Well, as long as the collars and cuffs match...
  • dailo007dailo007 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Thanks chaps.

I have tried just about all the retailers, manufacturers and distributors in Asia, two promised results (plus one with expected costs in excess of £1000!) neither delivered, the rest are too busy selling modern replicas to care.

I have one in hand, one in transit and another hopefully arriving shortly, all are boxed with the associated extras and paperwork, based on the above info I will check with DHL here and come back with their thoughts/costs.

A final question, potentially a very stupid one, but I'm back in the UK the week after next, could I carry the dismantled guns in my suitcase?
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    dailo007 wrote:
    Thanks chaps.

I have tried just about all the retailers, manufacturers and distributors in Asia, two promised results (plus one with expected costs in excess of £1000!) neither delivered, the rest are too busy selling modern replicas to care.

I have one in hand, one in transit and another hopefully arriving shortly, all are boxed with the associated extras and paperwork, based on the above info I will check with DHL here and come back with their thoughts/costs.

A final question, potentially a very stupid one, but I'm back in the UK the week after next, could I carry the dismantled guns in my suitcase?

no... dont pack it,, you,ll be in all sorts of trouble,,
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    don p wrote:

Don't even bother trying. Spending a Night in the Cells is just not worth the Risk.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I had a feeling that might be the case, I carried two dismantled SD golden Guns back to HK from the UK last year and yes I was sweating as I passed through customs!

Kleynen, can you check the import regs in Belgium. Ta
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,270MI6 Agent
    dailo007 wrote:
    Thanks chaps.

There is a legal way to bring them in but it means defacing them with spray paint. You could leave the barrel & the stock black but the frame/receiver/action, call it what you want would have to be a different colour: Red, light blue, yellow, orange, knock yourself out however if when on UK soil you take it upon yourself to spray it black again then you will have committed an offence under the Violent Crime Reduction Act & if you are paying 1000 UK to bring the thing in....is it worth it?

Donk :s
    Coming over for my Nan's 99th birthday, so prison probably should be avoided!

Thanks again for the input chaps, I'll come back with DHLs views tomorrow to see if we can make this work.
  • NICKO FANNICKO FAN Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    What happened to the WA AR7. anybody got any pics would love to see