Does anyone actually prefer Bond's short hair?

walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
I think it actually made Craig look his most Bond-ish to me because it reminded me so much of Connery's hair (or taupe) in his early Bond films. cut really close on the sides and the front flipped up.

Comments

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    I think it depends on the actor. Since the rules have been broken, so to speak, Bond can have his hair long or short within reason. Dalton takes the record for longest hair and of course, Craig for the shortest, but I think it would be overstepping it if it actually becomes almost bald with stubble and IMO, same thing with faux-hawks and bed-head. As for being like Connery's, I'd like to suggest that what a person finds similar or dissimilar is highly subjective, since Connery's hair (even his toupe) was generally long, but just trimmed at the edges. Check out the scene where he escapes from Dr. No's prison and his thick, unkempt hair is flopping all over the place.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think DC suits the short hair style.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I like DCs hair cut ,its the same as mine,
    if you read my previous occupation you will know i had short hair :s
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    edited May 2013
    I like it too.
    Does anyone remember when DC was introduced to the world media on the Thames all those years ago? His hair was much much longer then and I though it looked dreadful.

Similarly, PB's hair in GE was way too long IMO. Bond should have a nice military short cropped style.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    edited May 2013
    I like it too.
    Does anyone remember when DC was introduced to the world media on the Thames all those years ago? His hair was much much longer then and I though it looked dreadful.

Similarly, PB's hair in GEnwas way too long IMO. Bond should have a nice military short cropped style.
    yeah Craig's Face doesn't really suit hair that long, Hes not like Tom Cruise who can pull off just about any hairstyle short (Minority Report) or long (MI:2). But on the subject of DC Bond's hair, i think his CR hairstyle is his worse.
  • MustonMuston Huncote, Leicestershire Posts: 228MI6 Agent
    It suits Craig but I liked his hair when he was first announced as Bond, it was much longer and a bit Moore-ish. But Dalton's was amazing.
    "Thank you very much. I was just out walking my RAT and seem to have lost my way... "
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    I think it depends on the actor. Since the rules have been broken, so to speak, Bond can have his hair long or short within reason. Dalton takes the record for longest hair and of course, Craig for the shortest, but I think it would be overstepping it if it actually becomes almost bald with stubble and IMO, same thing with faux-hawks and bed-head. As for being like Connery's, I'd like to suggest that what a person finds similar or dissimilar is highly subjective, since Connery's hair (even his toupe) was generally long, but just trimmed at the edges. Check out the scene where he escapes from Dr. No's prison and his thick, unkempt hair is flopping all over the place.

Brozzer also had long hair in GE, check out the beach scene where it's blowing all over the place. it was too long and he looked like a superannuated member of Duran Duran.After that his hair was spot on. To my mind the Skyfall style is just too short for Danny boy, it accentuates his ears,(not a good idea) I remember when first seeing the iconic opening in the hallway all I could think of was 'the precious, oh' the precious...
    Bond should have a nice military short cropped style.

Um...no.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Mr_OsatoMr_Osato Posts: 398MI6 Agent
    Brosnan had the greatest head of hair, without a doubt. I dislike Craigs hair in SF, it makes him look even more like a Russian hitman.
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I like it slightly longer...not much, but how he had it in Layer Cake.

I think the shorter hair makes him look older...and we all know he needs all the help he can get in that department :x
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    Mr_Osato wrote:
    Brosnan had the greatest head of hair, without a doubt. I dislike Craigs hair in SF, it makes him look even more like a Russian hitman.

haha!
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    I categorically do not like DC's short hair for bond. It made him look like a thug.
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 977MI6 Agent
    Mr_Osato wrote:

+1
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Craigy's hair was best in QOS. His entire look in that film was sleak and sophisticated, impeccably tailored, trad Bond-like.

Not sure what they were aiming for in SKYFALL. Would have been fine had he started off looking cool and slick (in Istanblu) and before looking scalped and knacked while "enjoying death".

And as for the cut of his suits...
    Craigy's hair was best in QOS. His entire look in that film was sleak and sophisticated, impeccably tailored, trad Bond-like.

Not sure what they were aiming for in SKYFALL. Would have been fine had he started off looking cool and slick (in Istanblu) and before looking scalped and knacked while "enjoying death".

Spot-On, if there ever was one!

{[]

It is a strange thing: if you take away the fantastic plot elements concerning Silva and Bonds awful looks, Skyfall turns into a pretty good Bond movie.
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:

Um...no.

I think Strangeways meant the British officer cut/crop. Much different from the US crop. Short back and sides with longer on top. Like Connery's early styles, Lazenby's and Craigs in QOS.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    0073 wrote:

Spot-On, if there ever was one!

{[]

It is a strange thing: if you take away the fantastic plot elements concerning Silva and Bonds awful looks, Skyfall turns into a pretty good Bond movie.

It's already a pretty good Bond movie.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • IA-SteveBIA-SteveB IowaPosts: 62MI6 Agent
    Brosnan has always had the best look in my eyes. When I am reading JB novels, he's who I always picture in my mind.
    Craig has to have short hair because it is what suits his head. We naturally aim for having an oval face for our overall look. Craig has a roundish head and longer hair only makes him look rounder.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Brosnan definitely had the best hair and hairline, especially in TND's. But this is what Craigs SF hair reminded me of in terms of style which is maybe what they were going for even though Connery's is clearly longer. And i agree that Craig's face suits the shorter SF hair because of his oval face and makes his jawline and such more pronounced.

hairxh.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent

-
    yep! best suits Daniel has worn so far.
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    Brosnan definitely had the best hair and hairline, especially in TND's. But this is what Craigs SF hair reminded me of in terms of style which is maybe what they were going for even though Connery's is clearly longer. And i agree that Craig's face suits the shorter SF hair because of his oval face and makes his jawline and such more pronounced.

hairxh.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

...yikes!... this doesn't help Craig's cause! great actor and person though...
    Asp9mm wrote:
    superado wrote:

Um...no.

I think Strangeways meant the British officer cut/crop. Much different from the US crop. Short back and sides with longer on top. Like Connery's early styles, Lazenby's and Craigs in QOS.

If that's what he had in mind, then I would agree, but even at the longest length of Craig's hair in any of his films, it was significantly shorter and different than Connery's and Lazenby's. Since what Strangeways mentioned was in the context of Craig's haircuts, then I don't agree...by all means, depending on many factors Bond's hair can be short (or long) within reason, but it being short cropped is not a "must" for Bond.
    I just read this story,

Russia to expel 'CIA agent' in spy recruitment scandal.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22529251
    The diplomat, named as CIA agent Ryan Fogle, was held overnight after he was apparently arrested wearing a blond wig.

I wonder if the Blond wig was to make him look more like D Craig. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I'm sorry. I don't like Craig as Bond. I know he is a good actor but I don't think he is the best actor to portray a 6'2" slim build secret agent with unruly black hair. I like his look in QoS best, the longer hair suited him.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Peppermill wrote:
    I'm sorry. I don't like Craig as Bond. I know he is a good actor but I don't think he is the best actor to portray a 6'2" slim build secret agent with unruly black hair. I like his look in QoS best, the longer hair suited him.

No need to apologize. I think Craig is quite good as Bond, and I don't apologize. It's all just personal opinion.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    I liked Craig's hair in Skyfall. I thought the slightly longer
    look of QOS made him look as if he was losing it and trying
    to cover it up.
    Otherwise my feelings on Craig would mirror Peppermill's.
    Peppermill wrote:

Well said!
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    The whole hair issue is an interesting conundrum. I suspect there were several
    reasons the close cropped style was chosen. One is that is doesn't move much in action scenes (such as whipping around on the top of speeding trains)...which saves production time and continuity headaches. Another is it adds to his worn
    out disheveled look in the first act having nearly died and then having to crawl
    back physically to the point he can return to active duty (the whiskers also aid in this). This also maybe a bit of artistic licence, but for me I got the idea that it
    could have been his previous assignment required him to get a close cut and
    it was still in that stage when he was handed the Istanbul job. Also, Craig is thinning overall and getting that widow's peak because he's heading for fifty and a closer crop actually hides the exaggeration better than longer hair. My biggest beef with his appearance is the eyebrows. They appear almost non existent in a lot of scenes and images which for me gives him an almost alien look. I wish they had at least dyed them dark enough so that they were more pronounced. For that matter, I'm still at a loss as to why he doesn't darken all his hair for this role. He's playing Bond, and like Superman, the characters hair color shouldn't change with the actor (I include Moore's in this as well, since his got too light at times).
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    (I include Moore's in this as well, since his got too light at times).

I read somewhere that Moore dyed his hair darker during his tenure as Bond, I believe it was in Bond on Bond or one of the other recent publications.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    The whole hair issue is an interesting conundrum. I suspect there were several
    reasons the close cropped style was chosen. One is that is doesn't move much in action scenes (such as whipping around on the top of speeding trains)...which saves production time and continuity headaches. Another is it adds to his worn
    out disheveled look in the first act having nearly died and then having to crawl
    back physically to the point he can return to active duty (the whiskers also aid in this). This also maybe a bit of artistic licence, but for me I got the idea that it
    could have been his previous assignment required him to get a close cut and
    it was still in that stage when he was handed the Istanbul job. Also, Craig is thinning overall and getting that widow's peak because he's heading for fifty and a closer crop actually hides the exaggeration better than longer hair. My biggest beef with his appearance is the eyebrows. They appear almost non existent in a lot of scenes and images which for me gives him an almost alien look. I wish they had at least dyed them dark enough so that they were more pronounced. For that matter, I'm still at a loss as to why he doesn't darken all his hair for this role. He's playing Bond, and like Superman, the characters hair color shouldn't change with the actor (I include Moore's in this as well, since his got too light at times).

I recall during the press announcement of DC as Bond a reporter asked if they were going to dye his hair. DC then turned to Martin Campbell for an answer and he said "no." IMO, as part and parcel of the strategy of the reboot with going radically different in the very choice of the actor, they chose "steer into the skid" so to speak, thinking perhaps that to dye the hair or anything of the sort of trying to bring things up to "familiar Bond standard" is admitting a less than 100% confidence in their strategy.