Wested 'Skyfall' jacket

So, on hearing that Wested were going to do this jacket, and me being a big fan. I wandered over there and tried on their prototype. It fitted ok in the shoulders but was long for my tiny frame, so took a inch off here and there and about 3 weeks later I went and picked it up.

I'll note that it's quite a form fitting jacket IMO, so check the waist measurements. This 40 seems to fit more like a 38 to me.

So here you go after a little bit of distressing. Size 40 (short).

img2022x.jpg

img2015x.jpg

img2016xb.jpg

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    This jacket never appealed to me, but I might get Westeds version. I love their stuff as they can do bespoke for little extra cost. And they make jackets that fit me perfectly. I've worn my first Indy ones for over 20 years now and they are nowhere near worn out and just look better and better.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Cool jacket :D
    How did you go about distressing further?
    My second one (sizing issues with the first) is due in soon and I may go that extra step. But that said the Wested leather is much more worn than other jackets of the same pattern I have seen on eBay, boutique etc.

By the way let me know when you are wearing yours would hate to bump into you and spoil your day :007)

2 cool dudes in the same jacket and all that!

Enjoy your new investment

Cheers
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Kt TemplarKt Templar Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    HA HA!

You should see the dilemmas that happen when the Indy fans meet up for a beer!

This leather is easy to distress, it actually picks up markings by itself. But I like to help it along a bit to start it off. All it needs is, wetting and scrunching the collar, cuff straps and actually any hems. This helps some of the grain to pop up. Then give it a 'highlighting' rub with a green nylon scourer. Don't do long strokes just touch it at parts that would get rubbed and highlighted in real life. You can do this either wet or dry. It's easier to see when it is dry. That's about it! Start lightly and build up as you go.

I bet you are on tenterhooks. I always am when waiting for a new jacket!
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    That looks great!
    I'm a great fan of Westeds jackets too and I've been thinking about this one...
    Think I might just pop over there later...

Also, I distressed my Indiana Jones Last Crusade Jacket a little further using the exact same method described above! Easy.
    Cool thanks for the advice I will give it a go

Tender hooks is an understatement especially as I have worn two in store - the original proto type fitted fab so I ordered then they revised the sizng of that jacket but did not revise the sizing on my order! So obvious my one was a tad too big when I went to collect. I am told replacements is due any day so I am told :D

All good things come to those who wait I guess

Enjoy!
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Looks great; very impressed with the accuracy and quality.

Am I the only one that would like a non-distressed version? I'm thinking that I'd get more use out of a dark, shiny, new-looking one than the more casual SA one...
  • gussguss South Wales, UKPosts: 195MI6 Agent
    Great jacket, I want one!
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Kt Templar wrote:
    So, on hearing that Wested were going to do this jacket, and me being a big fan. I wandered over there and tried on their prototype. It fitted ok in the shoulders but was long for my tiny frame, so took a inch off here and there and about 3 weeks later I went and picked it up.

I'll note that it's quite a form fitting jacket IMO, so check the waist measurements. This 40 seems to fit more like a 38 to me.

So here you go after a little bit of distressing. Size 40 (short).

img2022x.jpg

img2015x.jpg

img2016xb.jpg
    Nice jacket KT templar are you the son of a widow by any chance ?
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    'Fraid not, it was an oblique Grail Knight reference from years gone by. :).
    OK happy as a pig in poo today got the call mine was in and of course I was over there like a rat up a drain pipe for jacket fitment number 2!

Result is pretty cool! I am not sure about sleeve length I know they are long on this jacket but I may loose and inch off the end and add some distressing as per KT advice. Even the long haired general likes it so its a winner all round B-)

Cheers

Enjoying_Death_1a.jpg
    Bond44 wrote:
    OK happy as a pig in poo today got the call mine was in and of course I was over there like a rat up a drain pipe for jacket fitment number 2!

Result is pretty cool! I am not sure about sleeve length I know they are long on this jacket but I may loose and inch off the end and add some distressing as per KT advice. Even the long haired general likes it so its a winner all round B-)

Cheers

Enjoying_Death_1a.jpg

There you go! Very sharp.
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Although not being into the clothes thing, I'm a prop guy, I was in the market for a new leather jacket and liked the look of the 'enjoying death' one so I took a trip down to Wested. Met Peter & Gemma and they could not have been more helpful, speaking to the organ grinder and not a random monkey always impresses me and Peter just gave me a good feeling. He took one look at me, I am rather vertically challenged in a positive sense, and declared this would be a made to measure job, 4 inches longer in the back and sleeves that would drag on the floor for a 'normal' customer. I also took in a Ralph Lauren leather jacket, which has just naturally reached the perfect natural distressing, to be relined and a collar to be replaced, I just couldn't part with it. Well, they arrived today and they are everything I hoped they would be, the new one fits perfectly and the RLP is like new. The only thing I will change are the cuff buttons on the new jacket, to large and too marbley coloured, but an easy self fix. Even better than the quality and the fit, was the price. £185 made to measure and £45 for the reline and collar replacement. I cannot recommend them enough, I am one happy Meister {[]