Daniel Craig Boots

Hi, does anyone know which boots in the photo Daniel is wearing, they look like C&J Skye 2 as they have dainite soles but skye 2 have no metal eaglets and his do. i don't think they are Islay C&G as the leather texture looks smooth in the photos of DC wearing those boots?
boots.jpg

Comments

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    I've seen a lot of pics of him wearing these boots, and I think they are Islays in a different leather option, maybe from a few years ago, or maybe custom made? I am starting to think these are the actual boot leather that was worn in Skyfall.
  • RosscoRossco Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    TheExit148 wrote:
    I've seen a lot of pics of him wearing these boots, and I think they are Islays in a different leather option, maybe from a few years ago, or maybe custom made? I am starting to think these are the actual boot leather that was worn in Skyfall.

you think they could be the Islays? could be that the photo doesn't show up the leather grain?
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Rossco wrote:
    you think they could be the Islays? could be that the photo doesn't show up the leather grain?
    If you go to the Just Jared site and search Daniel Craig, you can see a lot of pictures of him wearing them and it doesn't look like there is any grain at all.
    TheExit148 wrote:
    Rossco wrote:
    If you go to the Just Jared site and search Daniel Craig, you can see a lot of pictures of him wearing them and it doesn't look like there is any grain at all.

now i am definitely confused at to what they are..........
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    He wore the Skye (not Skye 2) for many years
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    edited November 2013
    I'm, sure they are C&J's, just don't know which model
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    They are the islays but extremely worn in, probably off the set of skyfall
    Thanks for your help. The boots definitely look good the more worn in they get
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    This picture is from a thread on another forum entitled shoes that look better with age:
    dsc04749a.jpg
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Out of curiosity, how old is that pic? He looks healthier and more like Bond there than he did in SF.
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    Out of curiosity, how old is that pic? He looks healthier and more like Bond there than he did in SF.

Since he's with Rachel Weiz and if you look closesly she's wearing a wedding band, this would have to be 2011 or later. Since he's wearing the C&J Islay's and they look rather worn in, I'd say this is long after filming those scenes for Skyfall. I noticed he began wearing wayfarer sunglasses in early 2013 at the Golden Globes, maybe I'm wrong on that exact timing, but if you pressed me I'd say this is early 2013 as they're wearing winter-ish clothing.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by healthier-looking, he's just clean-shaven. I know he looked haggard through most of Skyfall but remember that was intentional as the character was going through a rough period of fall and recovery.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    JMac88 wrote:
    Gassy Man wrote:

Since he's with Rachel Weiz and if you look closesly she's wearing a wedding band, this would have to be 2011 or later. Since he's wearing the C&J Islay's and they look rather worn in, I'd say this is long after filming those scenes for Skyfall. I noticed he began wearing wayfarer sunglasses in early 2013 at the Golden Globes, maybe I'm wrong on that exact timing, but if you pressed me I'd say this is early 2013 as they're wearing winter-ish clothing.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by healthier-looking, he's just clean-shaven. I know he looked haggard through most of Skyfall but remember that was intentional as the character was going through a rough period of fall and recovery.
    Hey, thanks, JMac88. By healthier, I meant his complexion looks more even, skin looks smoother, and there' looks like less loose skin. Basically, he looks like he's gotten a good night's rest. His hair is grown in properly, too, and looks much better than the crewcut.