Ironing a Barbour Jacket

Agent 00 FrogAgent 00 Frog Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 122MI6 Agent
I love wearing my Commander jacket around town, but have noticed some wrinkles begin to develop around the chest area (probably due to my small shoulders!) If this were regular cotton, an iron would easily smooth these creases over. However, I have no idea what is acceptable when it comes to ironing a waxed cotton jacket, and I don't want to take any chances on something this expensive. Anyone have any expertise or experience with this?
"Set your hopes up way too high, living's in the way we die"

Comments

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Do not iron a waxed cotton jacket! The creases will develop in the waxed cotton, which is somewhat of an appeal to getting Barbour jackets. If it's really bad, maybe try hitting it with a hair dryer on low setting and see if that helps a little bit. Don't clean these with any but cold clean water.

If really in doubt, send Barbour an email. They'll be able to point you in the right direction.
  • Agent 00 FrogAgent 00 Frog Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 122MI6 Agent
    Emailed them and they said there was nothing that could be done! Maybe I'll take the throat cover and try a few things on that first to be safe 8-)
    "Set your hopes up way too high, living's in the way we die"
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    I love wearing my Commander jacket around town, but have noticed some wrinkles begin to develop around the chest area (probably due to my small shoulders!) If this were regular cotton, an iron would easily smooth these creases over. However, I have no idea what is acceptable when it comes to ironing a waxed cotton jacket, and I don't want to take any chances on something this expensive. Anyone have any expertise or experience with this?

Imagine ironing a candle.