Daniel Craig Belstaff jacket

Not strictly a Bond product but it has been showcased by Daniel Craig a number times. The Belstaff Black Patterson jacket:

Screenshot2012-08-31at191958.png

I have a Large on hold for me by Belstaff, priced £637. I won't be buying it for myself, but happy to secure it for someone if you are interested. These are exceltoinally rare - only about 100 made globally (originally made for Daniel Craig himself but they proved popular, hence the production run).

Comments

• jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I would love one for a 38 chest if I could
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Its hard to say really. Belstaff sizing anything but consistent. I have had 2 Pattersons, still own one. I'm a 41" chest and an XL is a snug fit. It's a small XL for Belstaff, would probably be more comfy in a XXL. By that reckoning, if XL is 40-42", then a Large would equate to a 38-40". And again it's all how you want your jacket to fit. I'll be there on Monday, so will see if anyone wants it by then.

More photos:

daniel-craig-newspaper-london-04.jpg
    Yeh I know the variations in belstaff sizing is huge but have a couple and all mine are either small or medium
    Thanks
    Ross
    Which ones do you have?
    Hi
    I have the legend in small
    Three street masters in medium
    A leather one worn by the baddy in wanted in medium
    Plus a couple of waistcoats in size medium too
    I'm pretty new to belstaff so far :)
    Ross
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Are these out again?? I enquired last year and was fobbed off
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited December 2013
    No they're not out again. They are rarer now than a year ago, you weren't being fobbed off - they really are that hard to find. I've got good contacts at Belstaff so have managed to source a couple of these. I've had one coming in from New York for 1.5 years. Yep, years.

Ok, so those Belstaffs give me something to work with - most of them are the waxed cotton which are very different in sizing and the Legend in particular is the single most largest Belstaff I've ever come across (I wear an Medium in that one).

The leather one out of Wanted is called the Cougar - and it is one the larger size considering it's from their leather blouson range. I wear a large in the two of those I have. Bearing in mind I am almost an XXL in the Patterson, that gives you an idea of the Patterson fit. I'm not trying to convince you to buy it of course, but I do know that you will unquestionably never get the chance the buy a brand new one ever again. I personally still think a Large would be ideal, and fit like Craig's, but it's such a personal preference that I can't say that for certain.

Edit: I've just realised you may not be talking about the Cougar (which is green in Wanted) and talking about the Marten blazer (brown). but - for that one also, I take a Large as it's generously cut for their blazer range (I take an XL in the Cople or Douglas for example)
    CRB wrote:
    No they're not out again. They are rarer now than a year ago, you weren't being fobbed off - they really are that hard to find. I've got good contacts at Belstaff so have managed to source a couple of these. I've had one coming in from New York for 1.5 years. Yep, years.

Ok, so those Belstaffs give me something to work with - most of them are the waxed cotton which are very different in sizing and the Legend in particular is the single most largest Belstaff I've ever come across (I wear an Medium in that one).

The leather one out of Wanted is called the Cougar - and it is one the larger size considering it's from their leather blouson range. I wear a large in the two of those I have. Bearing in mind I am almost an XXL in the Patterson, that gives you an idea of the Patterson fit. I'm not trying to convince you to buy it of course, but I do know that you will unquestionably never get the chance the buy a brand new one ever again. I personally still think a Large would be ideal, and fit like Craig's, but it's such a personal preference that I can't say that for certain.

Edit: I've just realised you may not be talking about the Cougar (which is green in Wanted) and talking about the Marten blazer (brown). but - for that one also, I take a Large as it's generously cut for their blazer range (I take an XL in the Cople of Douglas for example)

Hi
    Yip it's the Martin blazer I take in that, do you know if they have it actually in store at the moment to get the actual measurement.
    I actually bought the legend bag off you on filmjackets and I think you are definitely I size up from me from the jackets you have sold :(
    Albeit I would love to get this if it was my size
    They have it in store at the moment, I'm there Monday. I'm not going to get the chance to ask them to measure, especially as it's the run up to Xmas. Besides they may not measure properly. I can post measurements of my XL for reference?
    If you don't mind to get me hopefully a good idea
    Ross
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Basing on the second picture I can assume that Craig is using a Vertu cellphone? O.o
    Ok, so for my XL;

Chest width (pit to pit): 21"
    Shoulder width: 19"
    Sleeve length: 27"
    Back length: 24.25"
    MrZareba wrote:
    Basing on the second picture I can assume that Craig is using a Vertu cellphone? O.o

Yeh I had thought that too!
    Ross
    CRB wrote:
    Ok, so for my XL;

Chest width (pit to pit): 21"
    Shoulder width: 19"
    Sleeve length: 27"
    Back length: 24.25"

Ah that makes me wonder how much smaller the large is
    Ross
    My guess would be 20" chest, 18.5" shoulders and sleeve and back pretty similar. But that is a guess. Belstaffs are all hand made so even two XLs can come up differently!
    CRB wrote:
    My guess would be 20" chest, 18.5" shoulders and sleeve and back pretty similar. But that is a guess. Belstaffs are all hand made so even two XLs can come up differently!

Is there anyway we could find out actual measurements as from the measurement of your xl this large might just be the right size for me.
    Ross
    The only thing I can think of is if I actually took a tape measure into the shop with me.