Re: The Silencer & Black Garter

Don’t be rude No 24, there goes a veteran and a Gentleman of classic Sci Fi.

Another Zero?

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

Russel Crowe on Twitter; "Possibly the most left field Tweet you will read today.,,,
Whoever is trying to send me Reindeer Salami from Norway, please be aware Your goods has been assessed as a bio security rsik and sent back to Norway"  ajb007/lol

https://twitter.com/russellcrowe/status … sk-trussel

I feel sick. I could never eat Venison.
Having seen those elegant and noble creatures, and having heard their barking call, I could never eat one.
That goes double for reindeer.    As for Crowe, I heard a story about him once. 
I trust the source - apparently he is not a very nice guy.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have no guest projectionist tonight, so the A.R.S.E is going to do the honours himself.
His cylon eye has been upgraded, so he will not be able to scan people to serve drinks during the film.  As a result I will keep a tray handy.
And Holly....  HOLLY!    (The cat pokes her head out of the kitchen door, pads out and walks round the outer perimiter once - she is wearing a kind of saddle bag loaded with nibbles, - m&ms, cheesy balls, quavers, skittles, popcorn, all sorts of things. -  Even some fruit.)

For obvious reasons sausages on a stick and crabsticks are not on tonight's menu.  - Otherwise Freddy won't leave his Mother alone, tillhe eats them all!  Holly wants to watch the film too, so she will do a round robin every 15-20 mins or so. 

(Holly pads back into the Kitchen to have her dinner before T Minus 00:00. The A.R.S.E. experiments projecting different colour patterns on the ceiling and walls wiht its new cinematic lens.) 

Who is Thirsty?

Reindeer tastes good. I remember herds of reindeer sometimes walked into the shooting range when I was in the army in the north, so we had to stop firing. We carried 7.62 NATO rifles, plenty of power for animals that size and some of us were licensed hunters. so sometimes we asked the officers if we could shoot one. We always got a no. but for many Norwegians reindeer are just animals like a cow or a deer, not Rudolf or one of the animals in Frozen.

Thunderbird 2 wrote:

Who is Thirsty?

Just a lager please, TB2

Very good Barbel -  I am having an Exmoor Beast myself.
beautiful ales, they really are.  And while I remember, Thanks again.

(TB2 puts Barbel's pint at his table.)   

No 24 -  that is my point. As a Scot I have seen real deer out in the wilderness, from young roe deer through the majesty of the lead Stag. I once saw a White Stag  -  he was beautiful and the size of a Clydesdale Horse! He stared right at Me, knowing that far from a threat, I was somewhat in awe of him.  You don't harm a creature like that.

(TB2 puts a Coke Zero on the bar.)

Thanks. I've never hunted myself. I think it's often sometimes you inherit. My father was an excelent shot, but he never wanted to kill animals for sport. We both killed farm animals that's been injured. I don't think  I would have any problems shooting a reindeer, but I've never had the interest. I stood face to face wirh an elk once, about ten feet in front of me. That's an impressive animal.

I think another pint may be in order, TB2, if you please.

Of course Barbel -  here you go!

(TB2 puts a fresh glass on Barbel's table.  Holly stops by - her saddle bags are half empty.)

Hullo cat!  Did you enjoy that?     (Holly rubs herself against Barbel - nearly knocking him over purring loudly.)
Lol clearly she did! ajb007/smile

I trust you enjoyed our evening's viewing?  What would you like to see next? OP would seem logical.

Hi. I' ve been watching "The man with the white suit" instead. It's a good one. How was NSNA?

Thunderbird 2 wrote:

As for Crowe, I heard a story about him once. 

It's a long read but an interesting one TB2.  May I have a Bourbon on the rocks please.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/i-was-r … dnp6a.html

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". -  Homer J Simpson

(previously aka OGG007)

Mr Snow wrote:
Thunderbird 2 wrote:

As for Crowe, I heard a story about him once. 

It's a long read but an interesting one TB2.  May I have a Bourbon on the rocks please.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/i-was-r … dnp6a.html

One Bourbon with ice.

Barbel wrote:

I trust you enjoyed our evening's viewing?  What would you like to see next? OP would seem logical.

I had a great time! It can be fun watching ther "Also rans"
Yes I think that Octopussy makes sense, complete this "triangle of alleged contention" as it was considered at the time!

TB2 is sat near the A.R.S.E  finalising Holly's saddle bags with Nibbles for film night,

Skittles Please!    (The A.R.S.E's cyclon eye goes from red to blue flashing green twice, a long tube appears out of a wall hatch. Its a bit like a shower hose,  and hovers over one of the empty compartments. A consignment of fresh skittles nosily clatter into said compartment. - This pattern repeats for each following nibbles)

Barbel?  Any specific beverages for tonight? I flatly refuse to serve sheeps heid. 'Malteasers'   
If its not Oxtail soup I am not putting it on a tray. Ick staring at me all night.  'Father is Pissing Orange Drops.' 
-  'Cheesy Balls'  Also I  have prepared a few Indian sweets for people to enjoy, while Bond is buzzing about Octopussy''s Palace.  'Marshmallow Drops' I have also set out a few bean bags, I know the stools get a bit hard,  'toffee bon bons!'  and there is a little New Delhi incense for atmosphere.   Its been a while since I 'Chocolate mice!'  saw this film, so I may need some 'Rrefreshers!' brushing up.
Oh crikey 'Pringles, veg samosas and Onion Bajis! - In selection bowls.'     (The A.R.S.E makes a weird sucking noise. Several bolws appear, the contents drop in, like post into sorting bags.

(The door bangs open and a tall dome headed robot with pincer arms comes scooting on on very thin catterpillar tracks.)
"Good Afternoon. I am looking for a Mr Thunderbird 2 Esq. A mutual acquaintance has sent Me." 

Um, I'm Thunderbird 2, how can I help you, Mr....?

"My name is   M5-B9  G.U.P.T.E.R.  Sir or Gupter for short. I have a note for you?"

(GUPTER hands a printout note to TB2)  it reads:

- - - - - - - - - - - - I asked a friend to come along as I am on set again. He is a relative of someone I consider a true friend. Hope to see you soon,  may the force be with You,    R2D2 - - - - - - - - - - - 

I won't ask where you printed this from GUPTER!  Thank You and Welcome to the SABs.
You seem vaguely familiar somehow?      Lost In Space?

"Negative on Printout differential enquiry?  That does not compute.   Indeed, My Grandfather is  M3-B9 G.U.N.T.E.R sir,  the robot seen in Lost in Space, the tv series. I took over for him in the 1997 film.   Hard work and a bit tricky but it started my career. The Robot in the later scenes is my Father M4."

Welcome to the SABs -  if I may say you and Your Father were the best things in the film.  'Sausages on a stick, secure lid!'  The original series is a cult classic.   Is the Robot in the new series a relative?

"Oh no sir, he is one of those new semi  CGI creations. Apparently something of a recluse, no relation to the M Family. Lives in a database, very sad.  Where should I prep my transmitter for projection unit duties?"

Oh just over there in the mods area, you will get a clear view of the wall screen. And welcome!  Wow. 
'Quavers, Breadsticks and Nachos!'

Time to sort out the booze and  HOLLY!!!    Tea Time!!!    'Chicken Pieces - Cat NO 1 Protocol!'

I need a part time assistant.   (TB2 looks at the Red Line thoughtfully......)

'Cola cubes, Pineapple cubes and Sherbert Lemons. Split compartments!'

Last edited by Thunderbird 2 (1st Jun 2020 18:02)

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Just an ice-cold lager, please  ajb007/smile

Coke Zero, please. I haven't had one for days!

(Drinks are placed o the Bar) 

Barbel I'll join you at your table tonight, don't want to be up at the bar when everything is under control.
Just need to sort out my food (Holly gently pads past, using her tongue to clean her whiskers. Saddle bags fully loaded.)
Freddie is up at my Father's house trying to learn some mousing skills. Oh jeez.   A.R.S.E?  Bartender Protocal please!
(The A.R.S.E.s screen lights up with a Thumbs up sign, hovering over a tray of drinks. Its Cylon eye switches to Emerald green and starts sweeping the room) 

Peace at last.

Please do, TB2!  ajb007/cheers

....and perhaps a whisky now?

One Talisker for You and a Jameson’s for Me.

Gupter, Thank You very much for being our guest projectionist tonight, You did a marvellous job.

“My pleasure Sir, I enjoyed myself too. I’ll be sure to pass your good wishes on to R2D2 and Granfather.”

(Gupter transmits a databurst at the A.R.S.E, then leaves. The A.R.S.E acknowledges with a flying saucer thumbs up sign. Holly removes the now empty saddle bags from her back and curls up at TB2’s feet)

All in all, I’d say that went very well!  Cheers!  ajb007/cheers

(TB2 is on the phone - not the Red line...)

Yes, oh You will be able to make it?.....      ...Marvelous! Bringing a friend?.......    .....he wants to be the projectionist?
Well, Ok!  I mean if he is  sure?    (TB2 grins like a kid at Christmas)     We will look forward to seeing you both then!
... Yup, Me too....    Bye Artoo!

(TB2 pours himself a sherry)   Just when I thought our guest list could not get more surprising!

Last edited by Thunderbird 2 (2nd Jun 2020 20:45)

(TB2 has just finished setting out thebpub in a CR-06 style. The place.looks stylish and elegant, with nibble stations, table lights, velvey cushions and a few other things.
Holly gently stretches and pads from her basket to the A.R.S.E, which slowly loading up the saddle bags being worn by a reluctant looking Freddie.

The door bangs open, and Artoo Detoo comes scooting in, bleeping and tooting something)

Artoo!  no not at all, we don't start for another 20 minutes. Settle in I'll get you a glass of WD40.
Um, where is your friend?

(No sooner has TB2 asked this than a huge walking metal skeleton with red eyes marches in. He makes a 'ku-kooshing' noise as he walks. )

"A am the Tee eighht houndred Terminator, but frieinds coul me Armoured Arrnie. Am here to project toonights moovieh!"

Welcome Mr A Arnie! Pleasure to have another of Artoo's friends helping out, esp with CR-06. Ifntou make your way to the mods area?

"Yah. I'll need a pient of lubrication oyal for during the filme."

Oh, You must be thirsty?

"Noh. My right hyp socket jams if eye stande still for too longh. Am not as youngh ass a use too bee!"

Robotic bad joints!  Who knew?

ajb007/lol

Always glad to meet another of your robotic friends, TB2- and perhaps a machine that goes "ping"!

Wilkommen! Is this your first time in SABS or are you back?
A Coke Zero, please  ajb007/biggrin