Re: The Silencer & Black Garter

ajb007/lol  " David Bloody Attenborough  "

“God has given you one face, and you make yourself another"

Lady Rose wrote:
CoolHandBond wrote:

Alas Smith and Jones?

Very,very close CHB .. It is 'Not The Nine O'Clock News' , Gerald the Gorilla.

I loved that series, Lady Rose, I hope it turns up on BritBox soon!

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

To give an idea of just how old I am.
I have the full set of comedy lps from
Not the 9 o'clock news. Thats comedy
Records before vhs tapes or dvds  ajb007/biggrin

Tonight I need to turn back time, Cher's big dream, one hour on my timepieces (alarm clock, wristwatch etc) because of winter savings time starting. Do you have winter savings time? I think it's great because I get to sleep one hour extra tonight.  ajb007/smile

We do but I've only just realised it's tonight! I thought it was next week.

I just love time travel  ajb007/smile

Yes it means we get an extra hour... indoors ....  ajb007/crap

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

I think the EU decided to quit winter savings time about a year ago, but with the usual  EU efficiancy they haven't really done it yet.  ajb007/shifty

It's only two months to Christmas Eve and I think this place needs some more Christimas decorations. Here, I found this shopping in Sweden  ajb007/smile 

https://www.dagbladet.no/images/72991293.jpg?imageId=72991293&width=980&height=559&compression=80

Very tasteful for Christmas  ajb007/biggrin

Yes, the Swedes are good at this sort of thing. When I saw it i thouht of SABS.

It might be based on CNNs legal dept  ajb007/wink

Yes, hear they are saints  ajb007/biggrin

ajb007/wink  I just hope they don't make any Zoom calls

Number24 wrote:

Yes, the Swedes are good at this sort of thing. When I saw it i thouht of SABS.

If that Christmas decoration was made for anywhere it was for in here  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

I wonder did the Government take the rule of Six in to account from the Christmas story.
As in the stable we had, Jesus his parents and the three wise men, making six  ajb007/wink

Number24 wrote:

It's only two months to Christmas Eve and I think this place needs some more Christimas decorations. Here, I found this shopping in Sweden  ajb007/smile 

https://www.dagbladet.no/images/72991293.jpg?imageId=72991293&width=980&height=559&compression=80

What the blue bloddy Bajiran Hell is THAT doing out?!
We haven't even had Halloween yet!  ajb007/insane

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

Do you think I should cover it up?

Let's all raise a glass in loving memory of sir Sean Connery.  I have an idea on this occasion. I think I'm not alone in wanting to watch sir Sean in one of his wonderful movies some time in the near future. It would be very nice to be able to do it together with other fans. We watched all the Bond films, including Connery's, in the spring and I don't belive enough time has past to revisit them yet. But Connery has made many other great movies. Is there any interest out there to watch Indiana Jones and the last crusade, The Untuchables, The hunt for Red October or one of his other movies together some time in next weekend or ... sometime fairly soon?

Last edited by Number24 (31st Oct 2020 13:25)

Number24 wrote:

Let's all raise a glass in loving memory of sir Sean Connery.  I have an idea that is perhaps more fitting to post here. I think I'm not alone in wanting to watch sir Sean in one of his wonderful movies some time in the near future. It would be very nice to be able to do it together with other fans. We watched all the Bond films, icluding Connery's, in the spring and I don't belive enough time has past to revisit them yet. But Connery has made many other great movies. Is there any interest out there to watch Indiana Jones and the last crusade, The Untuchables, The hunt for Red October or one of his other movies together some time in next weekend or ... sometime fairly soon?

I think that's an excellent idea. He starred in so many fantastic films that I'd love to watch again.

I watched Goldfinger last night, and I'll be watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade later.
As Spielberg  himself said only one man could play Indy's Father. ajb007/wink

I’ve watched 3 Hammer movies in the last 2 days.

Vampire Circus (1972). I enjoyed this one, atmospheric with some good gory scenes.

Twins Of Evil (1971). Another decent effort with Peter Cushing in a more unsympathetic role than usual. The Collinson twins are beautiful but it appears they were dubbed. Has a certain resemblance to the superior Witchfinder General.

Plague Of The Zombies (1966). This is a rather weak effort with only a couple of good atmospheric scenes. Less grisly than most Hammer fare.

Just realised I posted this in the wrong thread - too many rum & pineapples  ajb007/lol

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Agree about Plague Of The Zombies (1966) not the best of Hammer.

If we change Tuesday's movie to DN, are there any members in adition to those who origionally signed on for Navarone who will join us in watching DN? If I change the plans it has to be done tonight or tomorrow morining at the latest, so swift feedback is apriciated.

Caught the end of Strictly come dancing, to hear an announcement that next
weeks show, will have the Professional dancers doing a Bond tribute  ajb007/martini