Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

sunny01 wrote:
Seven wrote:

Sirs,

I recognized some interest in bomber jackets with shearling collar.
So I thought I´d bring this back into attention.
It´s still available.
Best regards,

Hi what price are you looking for?

PM sent.

Looks like the USA Ryder Cup team likes the Solden look. It's being played about 20mins from my house and I know they have a huge merchandise tent I am so tempted to get over there and look...

https://s15.postimg.cc/u43oqzgvr/IMG_4114.jpg

I just left the event today and tried on the jacket.  It is made by Polo Ralph Lauren and they are selling for $235.  I can't compare it to the TF version, but I do own the latest Royale Solden jacket.  This one is much lighter and less filled than the Royale.  The sleeves have some elasticity to them and are a much thinner material.  A very cool jacket none the less, but the only real similarity to the Royale or TF version is the appearance.

coaram94 wrote:

I just left the event today and tried on the jacket.  It is made by Polo Ralph Lauren and they are selling for $235.  I can't compare it to the TF version, but I do own the latest Royale Solden jacket.  This one is much lighter and less filled than the Royale.  The sleeves have some elasticity to them and are a much thinner material.  A very cool jacket none the less, but the only real similarity to the Royale or TF version is the appearance.

Nice! From what I understand you have to park at Canterbury and bus in? I don't know if I'm up for it when I have the Royale...

Correct.  Park at Canterbury and ride in on buses (same to leave).  We left the course about 5pm and got back to our cars around 645.  The line for the shuttles was horrendous and the shuttle queue to leave the lot was backed up.

To me, I loved the feel of the jacket.  Definitely something I would wear if it wasn't so flashy of a color pattern. For a USA team, it's great, but for an everyday thing... too flashy for my tastes.  I would say that it is a lightweight fall jacket whereas the Royale version is something I wouldn't mind wearing in the winter with something layered underneath.