Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Hello gang,

Wanted to share some news. At Tom Ford yesterday, it was shared with us that Craig was refitted at Tom Ford only 4 days ago in the NYC store. In addition to being fitted for clothing there was a discussion of what he might be wearing from a casual standpoint. I was able to see blue chukka boots, a very strange purplish/royal blue jacket, and a VERY cool black bomber. No suits were discussed but most of his clothes will be from the 2015 lines and thus nothing discussed is available publicly yet....watch this space though for more news to come as it breaks and of course right now none of these things might be in the film...but it's a first glimmer......here are some fun pics of our visit (3 hours, 3 bottles of champagne, and too much money later)...also, my wife and I attended a Washington DC event this past Saturday and I was able to wear a certain SkyFall tuxedo...just fun stuff....

skyfalltux.jpg

IMG_7487.jpg

IMG_7488.jpg

IMG_7479.jpg

IMG_7481.jpg

tf2.jpg

Comments

• HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Nice pics Dave -{
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Bit more up market than my local clothes shop. While you're waiting they give
    you a swig out of the local Wino's bottle of buckfast. :))

{[] nice pictures. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Thanks for keeping us posted Dave.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,084MI6 Agent
    Nice pictures, Dave. The black bomber has piqued my interest. Will it be as sought after on this board as the QOS Harrington and Y3 or the Skyfall coats?

Blue chukkas? Very dark almost black midnight blue or the traditional navy? The"very strange purplish/royal blue jacket" will be interesting to see just to see if it's like some of the Tom Ford velvet items I abhor.

Looking forward to more info as it becomes available.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited July 2014
    Very cool!!!!!

So I guess these casual clothes you saw was hints from TF that DC had been in to see!!?

Any pics of these?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the update. I have been watching the TF S/S 15 collection with a bit of a eagle eye as I wondered if any of it would be featuring in Bond 24. Looking at what they have released so far its a bit of a Mexican inspired theme.
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    Hey Mantis any chance of a little more detail on the bomber? thanks
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the info! I'm excited to see what pieces they'll choose for the movie. Any details on the suits yet? I'm hoping they'll return to the beautiful Regency model that he wore in QoS, instead of the skinny-fit O'Connor from Skyfall.
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    BLU8 wrote:
    Thanks for the info! I'm excited to see what pieces they'll choose for the movie. Any details on the suits yet? I'm hoping they'll return to the beautiful Regency model that he wore in QoS, instead of the skinny-fit O'Connor from Skyfall.

I believe that the Regency style suit is now discontinued, and the O'Connor style is the standard accordinmg to my last visit to Tom Ford. We can assume that they might continue with the O'connor style for the next film, hopefully with a better less skinny cut.
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,595MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:
    BLU8 wrote:

I believe that the Regency style suit is now discontinued, and the O'Connor style is the standard accordinmg to my last visit to Tom Ford. We can assume that they might continue with the O'connor style for the next film, hopefully with a better less skinny cut.

It's not so much the model that's the problem but the size of the suit. Any suit will look bad if it's a size too small. The problem to be concerned about is if they measured Daniel Craig before he beefs up for the role.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I was shown three pictures on a phone...drawings of the light blue chukka boot....pretty thick sole...but just drawings....the purple/royal blue jacket did look like suede...in fact Simon remarked, "Maybe he wears it in a disguise"....because it did not look Bondish...more aging Rolling Stones look...Prince?
    The bomber was cool...had zippers a la Wolverines jacket from X-men on the front...cafe racer look!
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    skyfalltux.jpg

Mantis that Tuxedo simply looks amazing on you mate! This is one of those rare instances where the man's outfit outshone the lady's. And that's saying something as Mrs Mantis looks stunning also!
    The Mantis wrote:
    I was shown three pictures on a phone...drawings of the light blue chukka boot....pretty thick sole...but just drawings....the purple/royal blue jacket did look like suede...in fact Simon remarked, "Maybe he wears it in a disguise"....because it did not look Bondish...more aging Rolling Stones look...Prince?
    The bomber was cool...had zippers a la Wolverines jacket from X-men on the front...cafe racer look!

Appreciate the update, Mantis. I wonder if the light blue chukkas go with the purple/blue jacket. Was the bomber anything like the leather jackets in the first look pics for the TF SS 15 line? (Honestly the only thing shown in the SS15 preview I didn't actively dislike was the peacoat and the denim jacket.)

I noticed in the last picture you were wearing an Original Penguin polo. How does it compare to a Sunspel or a Billy Reid?
    I like the Sunspel more than the Penguin but they are different (cue obvious YOLT quote about Peking Duck)...the Penguin is even more slim fitted than the Sunspel and is a tighter weave but very lightweight...Penguin hasn't changed their patterns much since the 50s...
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I do hope Craig will not be wearing only Tom Ford in Bond 24. It would be nice to see him in different brands instead of just one.

Maybe the suede purplish/royal blue jacket is test by Tom Ford to see if Bond fans will buy anything that Bond wears in the movies no matter how bizzare. -{
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • SomaticSomatic Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Really like that cardigan in the 4th picture. Any chance you asked about the price on it?
  • WardWard Maryland/LondonPosts: 195MI6 Agent
    I have a feeling that this will be one of those threads that's 100 pages long by the end of 2015 -{
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Thank you :D
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,316MI6 Agent
    Uh oh! :))

984140_657674327651195_2132728107236758833_n.jpg

10391448_657678647650763_1595815638729926760_n.jpg

10492155_657674424317852_7932626705093008551_n.jpg
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I suspected the words "bomber jacket" might pique a few interests! The question is...leather, waxed cotton, shiny polyester-ish? Makes a huge difference whether you look catwalk fashionable, right-hard tough guy, or Italian football hooligan :D
    Oh boy...the purplish sued jacket I refered to is Look #11 above...

The bomber jacket was black leather....I dont have the look book so I cant pick it out...yet!
  • WardWard Maryland/LondonPosts: 195MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    See what you mean about the Stones...still, I'm happy for DC to add a little bit of Rock to his look.
    edited July 2014
    The Mantis wrote:

The bomber jacket was black leather....I dont have the look book so I cant pick it out...yet!

Well, um...it's a "look" alright. :#
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Please, just nothing with tassels...
    Yeah, I saw the fringe jackets...not my 'theeng'...

Don't see the bomber/cafe I saw in the Lookbook link above....
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Dave, you look better in that Tux than DC -{

Not so sure what you are thinking in them tartan trousers though :))
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    Please, just nothing with tassels...

I guess it would be a Bond first lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    I am pretty sure Allen Edmond’s Browny Orange leather brouges will feature. Daniel always brings stuff of his own to the films he has been big on this type of shoe lately, Dark Navy jeanes with the bottoms turned up. White sunspel button V neck t and that grey Tom Ford Shawl neck cardigan is the look he is rocking right now.