51

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

The Mantis wrote:

Gents, I give you what will more than likely be at least one of the Bond jackets in the upcoming production...will let the discussions begin:


http://s8.postimg.cc/nwjewbrkx/Bond25_TFJacket.jpg


Nice!  Is this the bomber jacket you were first talking about?

instagram.com/dressinglikebond

52

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Interesting...the picture makes the texture look like either wool or sueded leather. It's a nice jacket but, like a lot of the clothes Craig wears it's the fact that he wears them as Bond that makes them even cooler. Had I seen this in a store I would have thought it looked good but wasn't a "must-have" (even at non-Tom Ford prices). In fact, twice in the last ten years I almost bought jackets like these as I liked the retro look but backed off. I must admit a personal preference against ribbed cuffs and hems. I appreciate that it makes the jacket warmer but I always thought it made a jacket look cheaper...

When I first read the OP in this thread I assumed it was a mistake and it was clothing for Craig's personal use that was being described (blue suede jacket?!) but I could see his Bond wearing this.

The Mantis wrote:

Gents, I give you what will more than likely be at least one of the Bond jackets in the upcoming production...will let the discussions begin:


http://s8.postimg.cc/nwjewbrkx/Bond25_TFJacket.jpg

53

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

yeah… ribbed cuffs and fur collars just come off looking tacky.. (just an opinion.. don't flip out)…  If this does in fact make it to screen.. I can at least save some money…  the Skyfall coats were must haves..  this… well…  this kinda sucks...

54

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

I would have to see it in context with the film for a final opinion, but this is NOT what I saw from the last visit.

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

55

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

The Mantis wrote:

I would have to see it in context with the film for a final opinion, but this is NOT what I saw from the last visit.

I suppose if DC is flying a plane, whilst wearing a pair of 'Aviators'  ajb007/biggrin

Those pockets look huge, btw!

56

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

The Mantis wrote:

Gents, I give you what will more than likely be at least one of the Bond jackets in the upcoming production...will let the discussions begin:


http://s8.postimg.cc/nwjewbrkx/Bond25_TFJacket.jpg

How do we know this and is it one you have now bought.
Ross

57

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Until we see it on film, it's always speculation...I did not buy this, but my source took this picture and double digits of these were purchased.  Action scene?

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

58

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Nice info Mantis.  So just this made for the film specifically or part of TFs upcoming winter stuff?

Maybe he will wear it when attacking the villains lair in some mountainous region!!!  ajb007/lol

Instagram - bondclothes007

59

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

The Mantis wrote:

Gents, I give you what will more than likely be at least one of the Bond jackets in the upcoming production...will let the discussions begin:


http://s8.postimg.cc/nwjewbrkx/Bond25_TFJacket.jpg

I like it, I just bought a fur lined collar jacket after Rick Grimes picked one up at the end of last seasons walking dead, I think Bond would look awesome in one.

@ddspike21

60

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Would hate to think of the retail price of this one lol, not quite the Skyfall Jackets bracket  ajb007/bond

Instagram - bondclothes007

61

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Cool, thanks for sharing!

Is it at all possible this was purchased for another character (villain/henchman), or is Bond always the only one in TF in the films?

62

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

I like it. Can't imagine that I could afford to buy it, but I do like it. It looks very comfortable, warm and doesn't seem to restrict movement too much. I could certainly picture Bond wearing it in the right context.

63

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

My first reaction is, "I don't like it." What the heck is going on with the pockets? Otherwise it's rather generic, isn't it?

64

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

The Mantis wrote:

Gents, I give you what will more than likely be at least one of the Bond jackets in the upcoming production...will let the discussions begin:


http://s8.postimg.cc/nwjewbrkx/Bond25_TFJacket.jpg

Nice one! Reminds me of a classic WWII RAF pilot jacket. I guess a winter setup will more than likely appear in the new movie?

65

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

I'm hoping they do include pieces that are a bit more attainable. That's what was nice about Skyfall. Most of the wardrobe pieces were not $1000+ other then the suits. The peacoat, the Barbour, the LVC jacket (even tho it was close), cords, sweaters, henleys, boots were all somewhat affordable and attainable, especially when the Barbour and LVC jackets hit a sale.

66

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

I wouldn't mind seeing that jacket. It's in the spirit of 80's Roger Moore, which I consider one of the best eras of Bond clothes.

67

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

The Mantis wrote:

Until we see it on film, it's always speculation...I did not buy this, but my source took this picture and double digits of these were purchased.  Action scene?

Do you know the price
Ross

68

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

knowing Tf, easily over $3K.

my first thought was not too bad but this is something like Burberry brit would put out.

69

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Definitely not bad although I agree on the ribbed material...not a fan. Nice enough jacket though.

70

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Matt S wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing that jacket. It's in the spirit of 80's Roger Moore, which I consider one of the best eras of Bond clothes.

I'm a bit surprised by this, as I tend to think of the 70's/80's as a sartorial dark age (though I still enjoy the films from the period). I would be curious to hear/see your rationale.

71

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

JMac88 wrote:
Matt S wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing that jacket. It's in the spirit of 80's Roger Moore, which I consider one of the best eras of Bond clothes.

I'm a bit surprised by this, as I tend to think of the 70's/80's as a sartorial dark age (though I still enjoy the films from the period). I would be curious to hear/see your rationale.

The mid to late 70s was indeed a sartorial dark age but the early 80s brought back the classics. Roger Moore's 80s suits are some of the nicest of the series. The rest of his wardrobe then was fairly classic too. Roger Moore never went for any of the 80s trends in his suits except for a low button stance. His suits didn't have the low gorge or power shoulders that were becoming more common towards the end of his tenure as Bond. The black Tom Ford jacket in question is like a black version of the shearling jacket Roger Moore wears in For Your Eyes Only, though not as conservative as Moore's jacket. The mid 80s into the mid 90s was pretty awful again for clothes. That's when baggy clothes were in, as you can see in Licence to Kill.

72

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Matt S wrote:
JMac88 wrote:
Matt S wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing that jacket. It's in the spirit of 80's Roger Moore, which I consider one of the best eras of Bond clothes.

I'm a bit surprised by this, as I tend to think of the 70's/80's as a sartorial dark age (though I still enjoy the films from the period). I would be curious to hear/see your rationale.

The mid to late 70s was indeed a sartorial dark age but the early 80s brought back the classics. Roger Moore's 80s suits are some of the nicest of the series. The rest of his wardrobe then was fairly classic too. Roger Moore never went for any of the 80s trends in his suits except for a low button stance. His suits didn't have the low gorge or power shoulders that were becoming more common towards the end of his tenure as Bond. The black Tom Ford jacket in question is like a black version of the shearling jacket Roger Moore wears in For Your Eyes Only, though not as conservative as Moore's jacket. The mid 80s into the mid 90s was pretty awful again for clothes. That's when baggy clothes were in, as you can see in Licence to Kill.

Taking a look at the early 80's films again I can see what you mean. Thanks for the explanation.

73

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

The Mantis wrote:

Hello gang,

     Wanted to share some news.  At Tom Ford yesterday, it was shared with us that Craig was refitted at Tom Ford only 4 days ago in the NYC store.  In addition to being fitted for clothing there was a discussion of what he might be wearing from a casual standpoint.  I was able to see blue chukka boots, a very strange purplish/royal blue jacket, and a VERY cool black bomber.  No suits were discussed but most of his clothes will be from the 2015 lines and thus nothing discussed is available publicly yet....watch this space though for more news to come as it breaks and of course right now none of these things might be in the film...but it's a first glimmer......here are some fun pics of our visit (3 hours, 3 bottles of champagne, and too much money later)...also, my wife and I attended a Washington DC event this past Saturday and I was able to wear a certain SkyFall tuxedo...just fun stuff....




http://s2.postimg.cc/5l20njiud/skyfalltux.jpg

http://s2.postimg.cc/4f2m2hjxh/IMG_7487.jpg

http://s2.postimg.cc/shjfxd0kl/IMG_7488.jpg

http://s9.postimg.cc/rbyznzxyj/IMG_7479.jpg

http://s30.postimg.cc/vg5vmwrql/IMG_7481.jpg

http://s16.postimg.cc/71rdmerlt/tf2.jpg

Cool Pics guys. Trust everyone is well.

74

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

This is Daniel Craig yesterday watching Liverpool FC on their USA tour.

Not sure on the neck tie lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10524004_10152722778372573_737128099496217642_n.jpg?oh=6bef682552e94036ed0f61122845a435&oe=5459BDF9&__gda__=1413605267_c164306ac9fbec642160706c2c4b7ca9

Instagram - bondclothes007

75

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

welshboy78 wrote:

This is Daniel Craig yesterday watching Liverpool FC on their USA tour.

Not sure on the neck tie lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10524004_10152722778372573_737128099496217642_n.jpg?oh=6bef682552e94036ed0f61122845a435&oe=5459BDF9&__gda__=1413605267_c164306ac9fbec642160706c2c4b7ca9

Come on Daniel. A little smile would be nice!  ajb007/biggrin