101

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

welshboy78 wrote:
AngusrRoss wrote:
CRB wrote:

Is it just me or is it getting really boring that every Bond film uses TF ?

I agree however Skyfall was good in the fact that it was only really the suiting that Tom Ford did, most of the casual stuff was provided by a good selection of other designers. I hope that's the case for Bond 24.

Yeah last two films have had the QoS Harrington / QoS Kazan Overcoat/ Skyfall Overcoat etc so hopefully this is the only TF Jacket in Bond 24

Quantum was a little Tom Ford heavy for my liking.

I hope they have him wear some new sunglasses in 24, getting a bit fed up with the TF aviators always thought Persol was a better choice.

102

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

AngusrRoss wrote:

I hope they have him wear some new sunglasses in 24, getting a bit fed up with the TF aviators always thought Persol was a better choice.

def agree with that

Instagram - bondclothes007

103

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

welshboy78 wrote:
AngusrRoss wrote:

I hope they have him wear some new sunglasses in 24, getting a bit fed up with the TF aviators always thought Persol was a better choice.

def agree with that

I always liked the idea that Bond bought the best of the best, Crockett and Jones, John Lobb, Churchs for shoes, Tom Ford for suiting, N Peal knitwear, Sunspel casual wear etc. Tom Ford sunglasses don't really fit with this, Persol did.

Last edited by AngusrRoss (4th Aug 2014 13:12)

104

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

The Persol route would be cool again… plus it harks back to the Steve McQueen tie in with DC...

105

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

The Mantis wrote:

Gents, I give you what will more than likely be at least one of the Bond jackets in the upcoming production...will let the discussions begin:


http://s8.postimg.cc/nwjewbrkx/Bond25_TFJacket.jpg

This to me feels like a Villain, or a henchmen kinda jacket.

106

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

AngusrRoss wrote:

I always liked the idea that Bond bought the best of the best, Crockett and Jones, John Lobb, Churchs for shoes, Tom Ford for suiting, N Peal knitwear, Sunspel casual wear etc. Tom Ford sunglasses don't really fit with this, Persol did.

"Suiting" is fabric.  Better to say "tailored clothing" or simply "suits".

107

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

cheld wrote:
AngusrRoss wrote:

I always liked the idea that Bond bought the best of the best, Crockett and Jones, John Lobb, Churchs for shoes, Tom Ford for suiting, N Peal knitwear, Sunspel casual wear etc. Tom Ford sunglasses don't really fit with this, Persol did.

"Suiting" is fabric.  Better to say "tailored clothing" or simply "suits".

Indeed it is. I was going to write the same thing but I figured I'd let it go. It has recently become very trendy to say "suiting" as the plural of "suit". It makes people think they sound fancier and like they know what they're talking about. Even though AngusrRoss probably meant to say "suits", he actually isn't incorrect. The suitings are from Tom Ford's own label as well as the suits.

108

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

.

Last edited by Matt S (5th Aug 2014 14:09)

109

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

cmdr_bong wrote:
The Mantis wrote:

Gents, I give you what will more than likely be at least one of the Bond jackets in the upcoming production...will let the discussions begin:


http://s8.postimg.cc/nwjewbrkx/Bond25_TFJacket.jpg

This to me feels like a Villain, or a henchmen kinda jacket.

That was my thinking, but so far only Bond wears TF in Bond movies.

110

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Just got my 2nd hand (foot) Tom Ford cheap alternatives to the Crockett & Jones Islay's.  Theres a first!!   ajb007/lol


http://s29.postimg.cc/bjqytr0w3/0_TF20107_2_enlarged.jpg

http://s10.postimg.cc/lqof2jp6d/0_TF20107_3_enlarged.jpg

Dont wait for your ship to come in.  Swim out and meet the bloody thing.

111

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

walther p99 wrote:
welshboy78 wrote:

This is Daniel Craig yesterday watching Liverpool FC on their USA tour.

Not sure on the neck tie lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10524004_10152722778372573_737128099496217642_n.jpg?oh=6bef682552e94036ed0f61122845a435&oe=5459BDF9&__gda__=1413605267_c164306ac9fbec642160706c2c4b7ca9

what the hell was he thinking when he decided to wear that neck tie.


Personally, I think it was Rachel's idea for the scarf.  I could just picture it.  He's about to leave and she says "Daniel, looked what I picked up while shopping, I know it would look FANTASTIC on you!".

112

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

CmdrAtticus wrote:
walther p99 wrote:
welshboy78 wrote:

This is Daniel Craig yesterday watching Liverpool FC on their USA tour.

Not sure on the neck tie lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10524004_10152722778372573_737128099496217642_n.jpg?oh=6bef682552e94036ed0f61122845a435&oe=5459BDF9&__gda__=1413605267_c164306ac9fbec642160706c2c4b7ca9

what the hell was he thinking when he decided to wear that neck tie.


Personally, I think it was Rachel's idea for the scarf.  I could just picture it.  He's about to leave and she says "Daniel, looked what I picked up while shopping, I know it would look FANTASTIC on you!".

*though gritted teeth* ''Ooohhhh....thank you...I love it...''

113

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Matt S wrote:
cheld wrote:
AngusrRoss wrote:

I always liked the idea that Bond bought the best of the best, Crockett and Jones, John Lobb, Churchs for shoes, Tom Ford for suiting, N Peal knitwear, Sunspel casual wear etc. Tom Ford sunglasses don't really fit with this, Persol did.

"Suiting" is fabric.  Better to say "tailored clothing" or simply "suits".

Indeed it is. I was going to write the same thing but I figured I'd let it go. It has recently become very trendy to say "suiting" as the plural of "suit". It makes people think they sound fancier and like they know what they're talking about. Even though AngusrRoss probably meant to say "suits", he actually isn't incorrect. The suitings are from Tom Ford's own label as well as the suits.

Although it's still satisfying to refer to suiting when referring to the material.

114

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

I just thought this might be interesting to some. I think this shows that DC has previously worn similar items to the TF jacket Mantis posted (albiet in very different colours):

http://s30.postimg.cc/7fwam5btp/2sjsicgd5ait2tj5.jpg

115

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

JMac88 wrote:

I just thought this might be interesting to some. I think this shows that DC has previously worn similar items to the TF jacket Mantis posted (albiet in very different colours):

http://s30.postimg.cc/7fwam5btp/2sjsicgd5ait2tj5.jpg


Brokeback Bond?

116

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Holden wrote:
JMac88 wrote:

I just thought this might be interesting to some. I think this shows that DC has previously worn similar items to the TF jacket Mantis posted (albiet in very different colours):

http://s30.postimg.cc/7fwam5btp/2sjsicgd5ait2tj5.jpg


Brokeback Bond?

Well, Raoul Silva may not have been his first time.

117

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Holden wrote:

Brokeback Bond?

Hehe....

I just watched Love is the Devil the other night (where he's the ill-fated lover of Francis Bacon), so I can picture this pretty well....

118

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Seems like a very big and sturdy jacket with the shearling collar, I'm curious to see what sequence it will be in. Just a speculation; I've seen similar kinds of jackets that usually have the possibility of detaching the shearling/fur , maybe the film will have it without it? Who knows would love to see how it plays out in the film if this is the one.

Last edited by bond2014 (9th Aug 2014 22:07)

119

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

The Mantis wrote:

I was able to see blue chukka boots, a very strange purplish/royal blue jacket, and a VERY cool black bomber.



Not a big fan of the idea of having Tom Ford shoes, I feel they should stick to getting the shoes from elsewhere.

120

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

AngusrRoss wrote:
The Mantis wrote:

I was able to see blue chukka boots, a very strange purplish/royal blue jacket, and a VERY cool black bomber.



Not a big fan of the idea of having Tom Ford shoes, I feel they should stick to getting the shoes from elsewhere.

This is a very good point. However, I feel like we might be hugely over-estimating how important these TF clothes are going to be. I mean, in 2011 if someone posted about a pair of Zara boots that were possibly to be used in Skyfall, a lot of us would have been livid (myself included). But they made perfect sense in the scenes they were used, i.e. cheap and ragged clothing whilst Bond is too busy drinking his life away to care about sartorial excellence ($900 Levi's jacket notwithstanding...)

Last edited by JMac88 (10th Aug 2014 18:39)

121

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

This looks like the same outfit as what DC wore to the Liverpool game (more or less), can anyone ID the brand of denim?


http://s30.postimg.cc/vpjpz6w0d/article_0_2011_BC7_B00000578_277_634x888.jpg

122

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

The jeans are AG brand, and more than likely are the Matchbox fit. Now back to Tom Ford related items.  ajb007/martini

123

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

McQueen wrote:

The jeans are AG brand, and more than likely are the Matchbox fit. Now back to Tom Ford related items.  ajb007/martini

Thanks for the details mate. And yes, sorry for hijacking the thread. Back to the TF discussion.

124

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

JMac88 wrote:

This looks like the same outfit as what DC wore to the Liverpool game (more or less), can anyone ID the brand of denim?


http://s30.postimg.cc/vpjpz6w0d/article_0_2011_BC7_B00000578_277_634x888.jpg

Anyone ID his messenger bag?

"Better late than never."

125

Re: Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

The bag is a Belstaff 554, can't remember the exact colour, might be Panama