Skyfall Further Flaws

Anyone noticed when Bond gets shot by Patrice while he is sat in the Excavator on the train he takes schrapnel to his right chest. This further backed up in the shooting assessment as he clutches his right side, You also see this as the blood mark appears on his Tom Ford suit. Obviously Bond os then shot by Eve to his left shoulder. Bond later removes the shrapnel from to wound on his left where Eve shot him and asks it be analiyzed. In the scene where his body is in the water why is his suit so dark as it tolls in the current, a light grey suit would go darker but not the Dark Navy colour you see.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Some good points IE -{ although I wouldn't over analyze any Bond film too much.
    Only My opinion of course but it's like pulling the thread on a jumper, soon there's
    No jumper left. :))
    An example for me would be the purge films, I think they're great but if I was to sit
    Back and think about it ..... They set in a very silly world. The whole idea just doesn't
    Make sense :)) and it's full of plot holes. :D
    I do agree his suit in the river looks very dark, but they probably just threw on a
    Primark suit and shoved a dummy over the falls. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    You have an Eye for these things it seems -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Anyone noticed when Bond gets shot by Patrice while he is sat in the Excavator on the train he takes schrapnel to his right chest. This further backed up in the shooting assessment as he clutches his right side, You also see this as the blood mark appears on his Tom Ford suit. Obviously Bond os then shot by Eve to his left shoulder. Bond later removes the shrapnel from to wound on his left where Eve shot him and asks it be analiyzed. In the scene where his body is in the water why is his suit so dark as it tolls in the current, a light grey suit would go darker but not the Dark Navy colour you see.
    IIRC in the scene where he removes the shrapnal, you see Bond in a mirror, so, naturally, the side would be reversed.

And I thought Eve's bullet entered lower down in the lower rib area on the right side.

For the people who want to find something wrong with SF, the most obvious error is Silva been grossly deformed from a cyanide pill. Potassium cyanide isn't an acid (or a base). It'll kill you in sufficient quantity but it doesn't destroy tissue. I think Mendes was looking for a WTF moment (as well as a tip of the hat to Fleming's deformed villains) and he threw logic out the window.
    Agreed -{ although the Silva thing could be an homage to
    The mistake with the fuel rods from Dr No. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,761MI6 Agent
    I'd agree, but rhere is a difference between creative liscence, and something that takes you out of the film to an extent where it blows the ilusion. I mentally retconned the deformed face element as punishment from his Chinease torturers, compounding M's betrayal. A crushed check bone, bashed out teeth etc. The fall from the viaduct and surving the ice cold loch elements were pushing athletisim to imortalisim in Bond himself.

I blame Logan for these errors. The director can only do so much when the dialogue and motion dictate the scene. As you say Pussy, the more you think about it, the more it falls apart!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,378Chief of Staff
    Gala Brand wrote:
    IIRC in the scene where he removes the shrapnal, you see Bond in a mirror, so, naturally, the side would be reversed.

And I thought Eve's bullet entered lower down in the lower rib area on the right side.

That's pretty much how I saw it -{
    YNWA 97
    To quote Bond ....
    " Well, it's only four ribs, and some of the less vital organs ! " ;)
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Despite what I've seen on some authoritative sites on the effects of Hydrogen Cyanide (some say it's less acidic than even fruit juices), I prefer to rely on what OSHA has to say:

Hydrogen Cyanide
    Synonyms: Hydrocyanic acid; Prussic acid; Formonitrile; HCN

Health Factors:

Potential Symptoms: Asphyxia and death at high levels, preceded by seizures, coma with abolished deep reflexes and dilated pupils, paralysis; weakness; dizziness; numbness; tremor; loss of visual acuity; headaches; nausea, vomiting; loss of appetite, weight loss; increased rate and depth of respiration, or slow and gasping respiration; eye irritation; rash, chemical burns on skin; enlargement of thyroid gland

Health Effects: Acute Systemic Toxicity (HE4); Cumulative systemic toxicity---weight loss (HE3); Irritation-Eyes, Skin---skin

Affected Organs: CNS, cardiovascular system, thyroid, eyes, skin.

I also assumed that the pill didn't kill him because it had been defective in some way. Though he said it burned his insides, and OSHA states it can cause burns in a high dose, he may have just said this to over dramatize what it did (Silva was certainly big on over dramatizing). It's also possible that even if the cyanide did only minor tissue damage in his mouth, his captors may have tortured him further by not medically treating him which could have resulted in causing pervasive dental disease and bone tissue rotting. Also, people who have survived cyanide poisoning can have brain damage, which would explain some of Silva's extreme behavior.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

Seriously? These are all non issues. As people point out, you see Bond in the mirror when he takes the shrapnel out. And light grey turns to almost black when only a couple of meters underwater, it's not about suit colour, but the way colour and light is filtered out by water. As he wore the same suit for the underwater scenes what you see is correct 8-) Actually, depending on material, even if you just wet a light grey suit, it can alter the colour drastically without the colour filtration water effect.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    One of the biggest flaws in any Bond film, is how Bond travels
    All over the world, getting shot at etc. Yet he never notices the
    Camera crew following him around filming everything . :))
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Or when the Bond Theme starts playing when he opens the Fridge :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Or Barbel following him around playing his guitar. :D
    .... and Bond wants his guitar back ! :))
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

Seriously? These are all non issues. As people point out, you see Bond in the mirror when he takes the shrapnel out. And light grey turns to almost black when only a couple of meters underwater, it's not about suit colour, but the way colour and light is filtered out by water. As he wore the same suit for the underwater scenes what you see is correct 8-) Actually, depending on material, even if you just wet a light grey suit, it can alter the colour drastically without the colour filtration water effect.

I simply dont agree. Mirror or not you can clearly tell from the scar its to bond left hand side and as for the suit its way too dark for your illusion of light and water explanation although a better explanation would be its saturated in blood. But just to try your theory I did wash my light grey suit jacket today and used natural light and a torche and neither made it look dark blue.
    But just to try your theory I did wash my light grey suit jacket today and used natural light and a torche and neither made it look dark blue.

:))

But did you use a Tom Ford suit or a cheap suit ? ;)

I hope you took pictures for comparison and proof ? You would be looking with the naked eye and not on a digital print...or is all this just to get a reaction/argument ?
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 35,980Chief of Staff
    Or Barbel following him around playing his guitar. :D

;% whoops, I was trying to be unobtrusive!
    Sir Miles wrote:
    But just to try your theory I did wash my light grey suit jacket today and used natural light and a torche and neither made it look dark blue.

I hope you took pictures for comparison and proof ? You would be looking with the naked eye and not on a digital print...or is all this just to get a reaction/argument ?

Pics no sorry I have a life thanks. A reaction? no. Onne acts on the facts, the explanation offered was rediculous and I took the response t.o my origonal posts to be combatitive rather than diplomatic it lacked decorum to dismiss the points I made by writting "seriously?, these are non issues". Simply because someone did not agree.
    Look at the decorum of Thunderpussys response by what then followed by asp9mm. Just because your writting on a web forum does not mean you forget manners and respond with distain. Offer an opinion dont treat people with contempt because you think you know better, maybe Thunderpussy can show him how to type with courtesy
    Asp9mm wrote:

I simply dont agree. Mirror or not you can clearly tell from the scar its to bond left hand side and as for the suit its way too dark for your illusion of light and water explanation although a better explanation would be its saturated in blood. But just to try your theory I did wash my light grey suit jacket today and used natural light and a torche and neither made it look dark blue.

Bond removes the shrapnel from his left side? Let's review the evidence:

114597445_skyfall_345647b.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the pic clears that up that it was a mirror reversal. I like hard evidence. What odd is if you got back to the scene on the train the blood hole is much lower than where the scar is.

Pics no sorry I have a life thanks. A reaction? no. Onne acts on the facts, the explanation offered was rediculous and I took the response t.o my origonal posts to be combatitive rather than diplomatic it lacked decorum to dismiss the points I made by writting "seriously?, these are non issues". Simply because someone did not agree.
    Look at the decorum of Thunderpussys response by what then followed by asp9mm. Just because your writting on a web forum does not mean you forget manners and respond with distain. Offer an opinion dont treat people with contempt because you think you know better, maybe Thunderpussy can show him how to type with courtesy

Please, no more of this: take it to PMs if you have to.
    (Although you are quite correct about Thunderpussy, a true gentleman)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,612MI6 Agent
    One of the biggest flaws in any Bond film, is how Bond travels
    All over the world, getting shot at etc. Yet he never notices the
    Camera crew following him around filming everything . :))

Although he did in OHMSS and NSNA at one point in each! :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :)) {[]
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,612MI6 Agent
    :)) {[]

Breaking the fourth wall as it were. And then there was the small matter of those seeds hitting the camera in the ninja scenes in YOLT and the film crew on the back of the fire truck in AVTAK! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Sir Miles wrote:

Pics no sorry I have a life thanks.

Seriously ?

I thought you liked 'hard evidence' though ? :s

At the very least I thought you would have supported your claims with this 'hard evidence'...?..
    YNWA 97
    Perhaps it was deliberate as a grey suit might not show up as well
    In the river with the "white" water and splashing. So they may have used
    A darker suit on purpose as it registered better on " Digital ". For the
    Falling over the falls sequence ? :)
    Sir Miles, I spoke with Russell Barnett whos a friend of my brothers and worked as a wardrobe assistant on the film he told me its the suit that was on Ronson that was placed and its a different suit again on the shot of the dummie that went over the waterfall. I think I am going with what he told me. If you want to discuss further PM me as I believe we were warned about continuing
    If you want to discuss further PM me as I believe we were warned about continuing

Apparently there was a lack of clarity in my previous post. By all means feel free to discuss the suit issue. Sir Miles wasn't being warned about anything at all so there's no "we".
    I was advising you not to further a public argument with a fellow member.
    Sir Miles, I spoke with Russell Barnett whos a friend of my brothers and worked as a wardrobe assistant on the film he told me its the suit that was on Ronson that was placed and its a different suit again on the shot of the dummie that went over the waterfall. I think I am going with what he told me. If you want to discuss further PM me as I believe we were warned about continuing

Not really sure where you are heading with this ? :s

You said you did a comparison test and then you start tossing names of people that you may or may not know about....IF you had this 'information' then why not lead with it ? It just makes me question your motives....and we REALLY shouldn't start with this 'I know someone that worked on the wardrobe' ;)
    I merely asked if you took pics to back up your claim...as you said you prefer to deal with facts...you didn't provide any so for some of us it's just conjecture on your part...
    I'm not looking to argue - just to clarify....I'm always available via PM for further discussion -{
    YNWA 97
    edited July 2014
    Sorry guys. I checked the forum rules cant see what rule I am alleged to have broken I was having a debate. Bored of the topic think I will stick to the memorabilia section where my posts are welcomed. Was no need for someone with moderation powers to step in to this topic and flex muscle what happened to freedom of speech comrade?.
This discussion has been closed.